Impeachment, Take Two (and Other Trump News)

Started by Oniya, January 30, 2021, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on February 25, 2021, 10:56:53 AM
New York has gotten 'millions of pages' of Trump's taxes.  Mazars had it ready to go.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/politics/trump-taxes-mazars-vance/index.html

If those were printed out on paper, how many bookshelf meters would it make? Assuming 800 pages/5 cm (400 p/in), I think we're talking of several hundred meters...Adding in all the litigation papers, you end up with a library unto itself.  :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Missy

president Trumps congressional library will sure be an interesting read, what a legacy!!!

Chaeronea

Okay, so let's see the Trumpists try to spin this as 'Antifa did it!'

Trump appointee arrested in connection with Capitol riot.

"Klein worked on Trump’s 2016 campaign and was then hired at the State Department. As of last summer, he was listed in a federal directory as serving as a special assistant in the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs and was designated as a “Schedule C” political appointee.

A Department spokesperson confirmed that position Friday morning, saying Klein resigned effective Jan. 21, 2021. She also said Klein started out at the department as a staff assistant with the Trump transition team."

Haibane

I suspect of the 160+ people charged so far not one is a left wing activist. Strange that. Antifa are pretty slick operators to plan and conduct this false flag riot and then somehow not one of them gets arrested but a stack of innocent right wing Trumpists who were obviously not even there are arrested.

Oniya

This is just funny.  Donald Trump has sent a cease-and-desist letter to three of the top GOP fundraisers, telling them not to use his name and likeness in their fundraising materials.

https://www.newsandguts.com/trump-sends-cease-and-desist-notices-to-top-gop-groups/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

TheGlyphstone

That money isn't going into his bank accounts, so naturally he's not going to share it.

Oniya

What I find funny is that the Repubs who supported him did so because they were trying to keep the money/support flowing from his base.  With a C&D on invoking his name/image, they aren't going to get either one.

Haibane

Awesome. Keep pulling your party apart Don. It's highly entertaining.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 06, 2021, 03:13:45 PM
That money isn't going into his bank accounts, so naturally he's not going to share it.

THIS!  Oh so this.

If they cut him in for a chunk I’m sure they’d be allowed.  I’m thinking he’d want 40% or so

Fox Lokison

A remarkable display of cognitive dissonance about Donald Trump in my local paper today

This same guy wrote that resisting Trump was "betraying working class people" and tbh, the language choices are all just so very cultish. I wonder where this guy gets his news, tbh, because it certainly wasn't from Donald Trump's words and tweets.

TheGlyphstone

My brain 404'ed on me  and I had to stop reading when he said Donald Trump was the reason Ukraine isn't ruled by Russia, even though the Ukrainian Civil War was in 2014. Can you summarize the rest for us?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 07, 2021, 09:42:29 AM
My brain 404'ed on me  and I had to stop reading when he said Donald Trump was the reason Ukraine isn't ruled by Russia, even though the Ukrainian Civil War was in 2014. Can you summarize the rest for us?

Pretty much the same stuff different targets, US IP is under threat, the European nations won’t back us against China because they want the China marketplace blah blah blah..

Fox Lokison

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 07, 2021, 09:42:29 AM

"Trump is great and good and America First actually means bullying the rest of the world into doing what we want, and Biden's letting Communist China run the show".

I guess "America First" suddenly means we're the police and protectors of the world again, even though Trump explicitly said he didn't want that role for America and the world needs to moderate itself without us... but this guy writes into the paper with some drivel like this all the time, and frankly it's all the same terrible nonsense.

Also apparently Donald Trump is the great incarnation of Roosevelt and Big Stick diplomacy, and he was firm with North Korea and saved Southeast Asia from them, where Obama and Biden just let North Korea terrorize them.

My brain started melting by the second paragraph, took a few tries to finish.

TheGlyphstone

I figured you had antibodies from your prior exposure to that flavor of stupid, but if it was too much for you that's impressive.

But that's an impressively total failure of geography, considering North Korea is a thousand miles away from anything that could be considered Southeast Asia.

Fox Lokison

It had me cussing at the breakfast table for sure.

I'm not sure where this guy gets his news, but it doesn't seem anywhere reputable.

Shekinah

Quote from: Fox Lokison on March 07, 2021, 12:41:53 PM
It had me cussing at the breakfast table for sure.

I'm not sure where this guy gets his news, but it doesn't seem anywhere reputable.

It's located in opinion for a reason, it's more like his view on the news than the actual news.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Fox Lokison

Oh yeah, I know, it's part of a segment where folks can write in about their thoughts on stuff, it's more like... where did he get the idea that Donald Trump used Big Stick diplomacy? That Trump saved Ukraine or Southeast Asia? That Obama just let North Korea do what they want? It's all that nonsense that makes me go "what planet are you on?"

Haibane

Why do papers publish this excrement? I'm genuinely interested in an answer given how much utter nonsense this person spews.

Shekinah

Quote from: Haibane on March 07, 2021, 01:44:39 PM
Why do papers publish this excrement? I'm genuinely interested in an answer given how much utter nonsense this person spews.

Because it will bring in people. It will be either spark discussion or be liked, either way people will talk about it, as we do, people will come and visit the page and read it and maybe even go back and read other things. Controversy sells.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Fox Lokison

"Fairness". Personally, I draw the line at publishing what's nothing more than a propaganda piece for Donald Trump, but the paper gets to make their own decisions on the matter. It is usually a middle of the road, slightly left-leaning paper, with a fair amount of space for reader input. A lot of it isn't glowing about Trump. I suppose it's about balance, though I don't agree. Every article this man writes is just garbage doused in glitter.

Our state has a pretty robust group of Trump supporters. It's in the paper's interest to cater to them in some way, or at least let them be heard. We also have issues with white supremacist groups, so I can see the value in letting some of these asshats talk, before they go spreading the idea that they're being silenced and persecuted and use that to recruit.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Fox Lokison on March 07, 2021, 09:02:59 AM
A remarkable display of cognitive dissonance about Donald Trump in my local paper today

This same guy wrote that resisting Trump was "betraying working class people" and tbh, the language choices are all just so very cultish. I wonder where this guy gets his news, tbh, because it certainly wasn't from Donald Trump's words and tweets.

Yeah, that's an impressive display of braggart idiocy and lack of will to deal with facts.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

elone

Quote from: Haibane on March 07, 2021, 01:44:39 PM

Like it or not, local papers, mine included publish about anything they want.  My favorite is the letters to the editor. They don't regulate them at all that I can see.  It is fun to read whether one agrees or not. I have written numerous letters to the editor, some serious, some tongue in cheek.  When Obama ran against McCain there were tons of anti Obama letters, so I wrote one accusing McCain of being brainwashed in Hanoi and that he was a sleeper agent for the communists. They actually printed it. Personally, I love the local papers.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Oniya

Quote from: elone on March 12, 2021, 08:02:35 AM
Like it or not, local papers, mine included publish about anything they want.  My favorite is the letters to the editor. They don't regulate them at all that I can see.  It is fun to read whether one agrees or not. I have written numerous letters to the editor, some serious, some tongue in cheek.  When Obama ran against McCain there were tons of anti Obama letters, so I wrote one accusing McCain of being brainwashed in Hanoi and that he was a sleeper agent for the communists. They actually printed it. Personally, I love the local papers.

Was the Queen of Hearts involved at all?  :D