Planescape Femslash (Inerest Check)

Started by Dhi, March 13, 2013, 03:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

That sounds very appropriate for a modron, if you're still leaning that way with Harmony.

I guess I stayed up all night and hashed out this character sheet stuff! Here it is. If you're interested in joining, please PM me the completed sheet with the subject Planescape: (name of your character). You can also post your sheet here if you want to show it off. I know I usually do.

[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Gender & Species:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]
[b]Place of Residence:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
[b]Date of Birth:[/b]

[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Ons & Offs:[/b]
[b]What was your last contribution to the Sensorium?[/b]
[b]What experience in the Sensorium have you been intimidated, but curious, to try?[/b]
[b]In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party?[/b]
[b]In what way might you hinder an adventuring party?[/b]

Gender & Species:
Species can be anything commonly found in Dungeons & Dragons, such as human, elf, dwarf, gnome, halfling, half-orc, drow, changeling, etc. There are also a host of planar races found in Sigil. Some of the most common are...
Aasimar are descendents of celestial beings from the Upper Planes. Unlike other plane-touched, aasimar are rarely orphaned or abandoned by their nonhuman parent. They generally manifest some beautific celestial quality, such as golden hair, pearl or emerald skin, piercing voice, commanding height, or even dead giveaways such as angelic wings or saintly halo. Although they are descended from celestials, aasimar are not always good and trustworthy- they have the same freedom of choice of any mortal creature.
Bariaur, centaurlike beings from the Upper Planes, which are a combination of man and ram or woman and ewe. Most hail from the Norse paradise of Ysgard, but the same wanderlust that brings so many bariaur to Sigil has also established populations in the savage Beastlands, the Greek paradise of Arborea, and the fertile fields of Elysium. Among their own kind, they congregate in herds, and build no permanent homes.
Eladrin are fey native to the Greek paradise of Arborea, just as devils are associated with Baator and demons with the Abyss. They're wild and free beings who exult in their own existence and live a life of song and celebration. As creatures made from the essence of a good-alsigned plane, eladrin are born with good hearts, but as creatures of chaos and revelry they are also fiercely individualistic.
Genasi are descendents of some elemental creature, often djinn. The four distinct types of genasi (air, earth, fire, and water) are each associated with a different Inner Plane. Their elemental nature is often evident in signs such as smoldering crimson skin, hair of flowering grass, a constant light wisp of a breeze, or a fine layer of scales always wet to the touch. Genasi are rare creatures, with no culture or kinship of their own, and often alienated from the Inner Planes of their origin due to an inability to survive its hostile climate.
Githyanki are an offshoot of Githzerai (below), now a warlike people who dwell on the void of the Astral Plane and amass great armies for planar invasion. They are much more gaunt and long of limb than humans, with rough, yellow skin and gleaming black eyes. Dress for a githyanki is often baroque, decorated with feathers, beads, and precious objects. The elite warriors of the githyanki, the gish, harmoniously combine both magic and swordplay and wield silver swords capable of severing an astral projection from its host body.
Githzerai are an ancient people, sister to Githyanki along a single line that can be traced back to one gith people who were slave to mind flayers. Githzerai are taller and thinner than humans with sharp features, long faces, and eyes of gray or yellow. Severe and serious, the githzerai tend toward somberness in their clothing and personalities. As a people, they have adopted the ever-changing chaos of Limbo as their new home, and utilize extreme discipline and psionic abilities to calm and control the tumult that surrounds them there.
Modrons, specifically rogue modrons, are members of a living clockwork race with strictly tasked hierarchy and singular focus on law, stability, and harmonious regulation. Sometimes, something goes wrong, and a modron goes rogue and becomes cut off from the clockwork hierarchy. They find themselves cast out of Mechanus, the heart of law and the only world they have ever known, and plunged into the cold, lonely, and chaotic multiverse. Rogue modrons have the forbidden and reprehensible glimmerings of self-awareness, the only thing that allows them to survive in this new sphere.
Tieflings are the mutts of the planar children, part human and part something else- a something which is usually assumed to be Lower Planar. That stigma follows all tieflings through their lives. Loners by nature, they make their own paths out of necessity; no tiefling culture exists to aid the outcasts, since no two tieflings are alike. A shadow of knife-edge in their face, a little too much fire in their eyes, a scent of ash in their presence- all these things and more describe a tiefling. No planar would mistake a tiefling for a human, and most primes make the mistake only once.

What does your character do for money, or what did they do before becoming a Sensate? Was she a humble pastry baker? Was she already a seasoned adventurer, like a paladin or illusionist?

Faction:
By default this is assumed to be Society of Sensation. If you'd like to hail from one of the other factions as a special case, shoot me a PM!

Place of Residence:
Describe wherever it is you live in Sigil. Have you moved into the Society of Sensation's dorms? Do you hail from an abbey of Saint Cuthbert in The Lady's Ward? A barracks in the Lower Ward? A run-down slum dwelling in the Hive Ward? A gated community in the Clerk's Ward?An inherited book shop in the Market Ward?

Place of Birth:
Most who live in Sigil were not born there. If you were originally from a Prime Material world such as Krynn or Faerun or Eberron, or if you come from one of the Outer Planes, like Elysium or Hades, put that here. If your race is modron, then most likely your place of birth is Mechanus. If you were actually born in Sigil, go ahead and put that instead. You can be much more specific than a general plane of existence if you'd like.
A list of the Outer Planes can be found here. They're a little too involved to describe here, but if you'd like more information on any of them, please send a PM my way.

Date of Birth: The current year is 127 FHR, or Factol Hashkar's Reign. If your character is more than 127 years old, just use a negative number. So if your high elf cobbler is 500 years old, they will have been born in -373 FHR. We can assume the months and days are analogous to our own.

Alignment:
Alignment is the moral compass of a Dungeons & Dragons character. In Planescape, where belief shapes reality, it has real and physical effects. The two axes of alignment are Law versus Chaos and Good versus Evil, with neutrality in between. This means you can be Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, or Chaotic Evil.
Alignment is not in place to restrict or dictate how you should play your character. You can be Chaotic Evil and still pay for a sandwich and not murder everyone you meet. (Please don't, in fact, that would be pretty disruptive.)

Personality:
Just a little bit about who your character is deep down, beneath the immediately physically obvious!

History:
For someone who isn't versed in Planescape or Dungeons & Dragons lore, this is bound to be a challenge. I will be happy to guide you when it comes to history, or you can put together a very general history that might fit in anywhere. Your history doesn't have to be interesting and it doesn't have to be tragic, but I will forgive you if it is.

Ons & Offs:
In addition to any character-specific ons and offs, please provide a link to your O&Os thread if you have one.

What was your last contribution to the Sensorium?
The Sensorium is a database of sensation and experience. Each year, a Sensate must contribute something they personally have experienced to the recorders there. It could be a wonderful experience or a terrible one, but it must have happened within the past year.

What experience in the Sensorium have you been intimidated, but curious, to try?
This could be a forbidden pleasure, a morbid fascination, a religious taboo- something that a satisfying tour of the senses will not be complete without, but something prevents your character from opening up to.

In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party?
If you have a talent, such as being able to cast illusion spells or pick locks, those are definitely beneficial to an adventuring party. Maybe instead you have a magical sword, or a compass that always points the way to the nearest portal. It could just as easily be something mundane, such as plucky charm or friends in unexpected places.

In what way might you hinder an adventuring party?
Nobody is perfect. Every character should have some kind of flaw that the villains might exploit. Maybe you're easily wowed by the splendor of the planes, are a staunch pacifist, have an enemy with a grudge, or can't refuse a new experience. The last is especially common to Sensates.

Dhi

Quote from: MdG on March 17, 2013, 03:06:27 AM
Incidentally, I wrote an article for Planeswalker (which carried on the PS franchise after D&D was bought by WoTC) on gay/lesbian/bi life in Sigil, which (I hope) you may find interesting since it's on topic: http://www.planewalker.com/080923/the-alternative-guide-city-doors
Oh, I love it! That is so cool, and such a great read. I would be giddy if ideas like that were to show up in the game.

frost rose

Okay, for starters, MdG, that is brilliant. The only thing that made me sad is that there probably won't be much in the way of reason to stop in at a certain percentage of those locations — a dwarven gay bar seems like the best setting for an adventure ever.

Now that I've used up my quota of italics, I had a question. I apparently am not having half the trouble considering character ideas I thought I would — after I accepted that no, yet another sex demon is probably not the best of ideas — but I had a question about race.

Are nagas okay? Not the head-only variety depicted in the MM, but the more typical monster girl kind. It's not on the list, but they're D&D enough to get included, sorta, and I have an image of a cowardly naga polymath that has gripped me and will not let go. And the rest is just falling into place, but I don't want it to fall too hard until I know if the entire thing will be nixed or not.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

Crash

Dhi - Since you mentioned Eberron are Changling's ok?  That could be a lot of fun and have many uses to the Sensate.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhi

Quote from: frost rose on March 17, 2013, 07:07:29 AM
Are nagas okay? Not the head-only variety depicted in the MM, but the more typical monster girl kind. It's not on the list, but they're D&D enough to get included, sorta, and I have an image of a cowardly naga polymath that has gripped me and will not let go. And the rest is just falling into place, but I don't want it to fall too hard until I know if the entire thing will be nixed or not.
Monster girl nagas are perfectly within the feel of Planescape. Although D&D nagas are slightly different, there are a bunch of other creatures that look like monster girl nagas, such as yuan-ti, lamia nobles, and naga from the world of Rokugan (which technically wouldn't be connected to Sigil, but technically neither should Athas or Krynn). It's also perfectly fine to take liberties with your character's appearance, as I think Kunoichi is doing with modrons.

Quote from: Crash on March 17, 2013, 10:30:14 AM
Dhi - Since you mentioned Eberron are Changling's ok?  That could be a lot of fun and have many uses to the Sensate.
Yes! Changelings are emphatically okay.

meikle

This is about where I am:

Name: Ihaana.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Gender & Species: Lady Aasimar.
Physical Description: Ihaana is about five-foot-ten with an athletic build.  She has dark hair and dark eyes.  She wears simple metal piercings all over her body; even her face is extensively pierced.  Most of her body is tattooed; a golden ring surrounded by tiny stars is tattooed around her head to resemble a halo.  Also present are various scars and brands, most of which integrate into the patterns of her tattoos.
Faction: The Society of Sensation.
Place of Residence: A three-room flat in the Hive.
Place of Birth: In a temple-city on some mad Prime world.
Date of Birth: Two decades back, give or take.

Alignment: Neutral; Ihaana doesn't participate in the Good/Evil, Law/Chaos thing.
Personality: Ihaana is a daredevil, a risk-taker, and a rebel.  She rejects authority and defines her own morality; she fetishizes the concept of self-definition through physical reconstruction.  She's a reliable friend, but she has a mean streak, and she's the kind of person who burns bridges sometimes as quickly as she can build them.
History: Wouldn't you like to know?  Here's the dark of it: Ihaana's pa was a priest and her ma was a Celestial-born lady with bad taste; Ihaana was raised into that faith, and not just as a follower, but as some sort of ideal of virtue -- like her mother'd been, a divine grace blessed on the population.  It didn't sit too well with Ihaana; she didn't take to the life, and the more intensely her parents tried to inflict their restrictive faith, the more intensely she rebelled.  For all their barmy talk of purity and faith and love, it didn't keep 'em from declaring her anathema and exiling her out of city and out of their lives -- granted, she may have gone overboard, getting the Bleeding Sigil of the despised Eblis tattooed onto her palms.  Escape was just a portal away -- and she found Sigil as a meek, aimless teen some five years ago.
Ons & Offs: Ihaana is a devout masochist (not necessarily with any other baggage that might imply.)
What was your last contribution to the Sensorium? Ihaana maintains a collection of the sensations of having her various body modifications applied; the most recent features a branding session, during which Ihaana had a spiral burnt into her upper arm.
What experience in the Sensorium have you been intimidated, but curious, to try? Ihanna has been working up the courage to immerse herself in a recorded experience of one woman's long-awaited and well-received homecoming after decades apart from her family, though she wouldn't admit as much to anybody.
In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party? Ihaana knows Sigil and it's people; she's a competent criminal with all that implies; she can manage an inkling of magic, though she isn't good at much outside of illusion.
In what way might you hinder an adventuring party? Ihaana is innately self-destructive; she considers it an important part of her personal growth.  Ihaana might be a dangerous traveling companion because she considers "in harm's way" to be a good place to live, and will often to choose to take the reckless and dangerous path over the thoughtful and safe approach.  It's not a death wish, but it's close.

I welcome critique and criticism from my fellow players, because it would be awful if she was someone people didn't want to interact with.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

frost rose

Ho boy, that got... longish. But I like Perrin, so I'm not too displeased. But I apologise in advance for the wall o' text.

Name: Peregrine Sabien Prisca van Slithers. For the obvious reason, she typically responds to Perrin.

Gender & Species: Nagini

Physical Description: Perrin's human part would probably place her at a about five and a half feet if she had legs. The snake part of her body, however, is nearly twenty-one feet long, a little over eight-ninths of her overall length, a distressingly long figure despite how attractively svelte it is by her standards. She's quite sensitive about her human-snake ratio, often curling up her coils more tightly than most would in an attempt to appear smaller. Her scales are off white blending into pale skin, marked from tailtip to tramp stamp to cheek with irregular red patterns rather like tattoos. Her human figure is as slender as the snake part of her, although she retains a healthy chest size despite this. Her ears are slightly pointed, parting vibrantly pink hair that she wears long, framing red eyes with slit pupils.

Her fangs are small but fixed forward and hollow, even if her bite is less venomous than most of her sisters' and cousins'. Her tongue is almost eerily long, but not forked. She retains a slight accent from her native Dietsc while speaking the Sigilian common tongue, and when caught unawares or particularly sleepy her accent gets thicker, making her sound a little like she's speaking with a mouth full of mashed potatoes to some native speakers.

(This being the hopelessly anime model for what I had in mind.)

Occupation: She claims to be principally a polymath and philosopher, but spends most of her time essentially as a banker.

Faction: Society of Sensation

Place of Residence: The Hive, at first by necessity, but the place has grown on her. She lives in a giant hollowed out cog, discarded from Mechanus as not up to spec. It has no external entrances, the only ways in being on the interior ring. She herself accesses it by slithering over the side and down a pole she has set in the atrium the central void creates.

Place of Birth: Loenswerde, Overijssel located in a part of the Prime Material no one she's met to date has ever heard of.

Date of Birth: 65 FHR

Alignment: LE, although remarkably nice about it.

Personality: Perrin is charming, friendly, and accommodating to a fault most of the time. She enjoys others' company, and when not working often ends up spending excessive amounts of time in spas and massage parlours, baking herself while cornering everyone who comes through in conversation. Her friendliness disguises a certain level of sadism, however, both of the intellectual variety where she can never let anything go, and revels in picking people apart, and to a lesser extent physically as well. It also covers up a certain degree of casual callousness. She is at heart an aristocrat, and finds it easy to shrug off the concerns of her lessers. It makes her something of an implacable force within the legal and financial world of Sigil, and more than one debtor has found themselves being offered the chance to repay their borrowing by adding to the Society archives the sensation of broken kneecaps.

Despite her sometimes fearsome reputation in certain circles, she remains a committed coward, having discovered that the secret to long life is not dying, and that bodily harm frequently makes that difficult. While she's perfectly willing to put on pressure when backed up sufficiently, she'll be the first to turn tail and flee when things look like they're going genuinely badly, a fact that causes her absolutely no shame at all, much to the exasperation of both her family and many of her acquaintances.

History: Perrin was born to the little known Van Slithers family, a cadet branch of the Van Oranje-Hissner family, the hereditary Princesses of Orange and frequently elected Stadtholders of the Vlaamsrepubliek where she grew up. But while little known, the Van Slithers remained a part of the half-snake upper class that formed the aristocracy of the republic, and she was brought up in the finest traditions of a third daughter: sent off to study at university as soon as she was able, and likely to end up joining the clergy or shuttled off to some mercantile concern.

She performed well at university, after a mere eight years of study and at the age of 23 receiving joint doctorates in natural philosophy and law. She joined the clergy shortly thereafter, but in name only for the most part, joining the faculty of the university which entailed taking the orders. While not teaching and writing, she spent much of her time managing the family concerns in the region, overseeing and auditing the legions of human and dwarfish go betweens and clerks that the family employed to maintain their businesses.

She did not end up as a planar traveller for nearly another two decades, and then it was quite by accident. While like all her kind she was a naturally talented spellcaster, and armed with her studies in natural philosophy her abilities as a theoretician were quite remarkable, she was and still is somewhat shaky on the applied ends of things, lacking the practise and drive to be truly excellent. And so it was at the age of forty while aiding a colleague in an experiment that she found herself making a critical mistake and ending up a marsh of blood ringed by hills of corpses under a sanguine sky.

Realising that she was lucky to be alive in the wake of her mistake, she became luckier still when despite her lack of extra arms she was mistaken for a little while as a marilith, long enough for her to slip away from the ancient and everlasting battlefield of the Blood War she found herself on.

It was another three years before she managed to make her way to Sigil, and another two after that of getting by that when she finally managed to get back in touch with her family. By then she had been written off for dead back at home, and had built up a taste for travel of her own, and so while the reunion was joyous all around she in the end decided to remain residing in Sigil. She does maintains a magical case that allows letters to be sent back and forth from home to keep in touch with both her mothers and the rest of her family, and is careful to visit at least once every few months, during which times she is extraordinarily popular with her nieces, as no one brings back as interesting gifts as she does.

She joined the Sensates almost as accidentally as she became a planar traveller in the first place, hanging around the Festhall primarily for the excellent body massages. (She was less popular with the masseuses than with her nieces — massaging Perrin's entire body is a task that takes hours to complete.) Despite hanging out with the Sensates themselves, she managed to get a misimpression of their society even so, and between that and the massages she found herself a member before not too long.

She's stayed on since despite correcting her misapprehensions. Her colleagues despair at how mild and pleasure-seeking she remains, but her talents at organisation and finance are a welcome addition to the bureaucracy the Society maintains to keep its affairs in order and fund new ventures out into the world. And while she does manage to fit in amongst the heterodox crowd of Sigilites more or less, she still manages to enjoy perhaps a little too much her position as resident philosophical gadfly, taking delight in poking holes in the beliefs of everyone around her.

Not everyone is quite as fond of her as she is of them, however, taking exception to her generally laid back attitude towards the primary mission statement of the Sensates, and she found herself a resident of the Gilded Hall for a solid 14 months at one point. She still remains on the lower end of adventuresome for a member of the Society, but even if most of the novelty she indulges in is intellectual she still has been far more careful to keep her tail in line since then. Despite this, she remains a Namer despite having been a member of the Society for about 18 years and holding considerable responsibilities in the orgnisation's financial operations.

Ons & Offs: Besides having the usual collection of curiosities and exploratory disposition common to many Sensates, large sections of Perrin's coils are erogenous zones and she enjoys squeezing down on things, an act similar to how her own species' coils intertwine and squeeze during intercourse. It's bled over into a certain degree of mildly sadomasochistic tendencies, especially when regarding her own and others' breasts, and that peculiar biped fat deposit where the tail should be. She has no ass of her own, and is deeply intrigued by those who do and the possibilities it offers. She tends to keep quiet about that in mixed company, however, a little embarrassed about the mere thought of how much her sisters would harangue her about being a pervert and biped-fancier if they ever caught wind of it.

What was your last contribution to the Sensorium? Debatable. She considers her last real contribution to having been the product of her ruthlessly and philosophically mocking a collection of traders at the Bazaar, one of whom owed her money, and the rest of whom had gotten caught in the crossfire. When pointed out that a significant fraction of her sensations provided are vindictive intellectual glee, she will fall back on a dust bath in the Grey Wastes that was remarkably relaxing for the snake half of her once she had managed to find a spot where she didn't have to worry about being ambushed.

What experience in the Sensorium have you been intimidated, but curious, to try? Recently, Perrin's curiosity about the mysterious biped lower half has progressed so far as to thoughts about what it would feel like to be spanked (amongst other things) herself. She isn't even close to trying yet however, let alone playing around with a polymorph for a first hand experience.

In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party? Perrin retains her scholastic bent, despite no longer being a working professor, and she is a vast wealth of information on a surprising number of topics, from philosophy to the planes to magical theory to economics, and her intense curiosity leaves her knowing more every day. In addition to the theoretic knowledge she's also a practising sorceress herself, although not a particularly combat-worthy one, being mostly interested in divining magic, frequently related to her latest field of research in her career as a financier. Finally, as such, Perrin is remarkable with handling money. Not only is she personally well off, but she has an almost eerie talent to make sure funding is available when needed, either as grants or very favourable loans from the Society. That she's signing off on transactions that will directly benefit her and her companions is a fact that has never once made her lose any sleep.

In what way might you hinder an adventuring party? While useful in a debate or funding an expedition or simply getting around town, Perrin is hopeless in anything remotely resembling a fight, at all times fighting her instinct to slither up the nearest tree and wait for the violence to die down. Worse still, whenever she's without backup or promise of immediate rescue, she's apt to cave in to pretty much anything when credibly threatened with serious violence.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

Kunoichi

Those both look quite good. ^^ It seems like we'll have a pretty diverse team, overall, especially since my own character is going to be more of a front-line combatant.  Now all we need are a healer and someone who specializes in explosions, and we can call ourselves a proper adventuring party.

Though, speaking of adventurers, Harmony's backstory presents a pretty good option for at least some of our characters to start the game knowing one another, if either of you think your character would have joined a scientific expedition to Mechanus.

Name: Harmony
Gender & Species: Female Modron Exile
Physical Description: An artist's rendering
Faction: Society of Sensation
Place of Residence: Sensate Dormitories
Place of Birth: The City of Regulus on Mechanus, the Clockwork Nirvana, Plane of Law and Order
Date of Birth: Modron records unavailable for access

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality: Though cast out from the Modron race as a whole, Harmony is still a being born from the fabric of Mechanus, and can always be counted to act in a very calm, almost mechanically precise manner.  She is very straightforward in her actions, asking questions when she wishes to know something, performing actions instantly once she has decided upon undertaking them, and even standing as still as a statue and doing absolutely nothing when contemplating her next task.  Lacking in knowledge as she is about life on planes other than Mechanus, she shows a great deal of curiosity about nearly everything she encounters, and has a tendency both to ask far too many questions and to be willing to believe almost any answer she is given.
History: A very recent addition to the ranks of the Society of Sensation, Harmony, formerly Quadrone 101172032, once lived a very dull, orderly life among the cogs and wheels of her home plane.  That all changed the day a party of adventurers came through, a joint expedition from among the ranks of the Society of Sensation and the Fraternity of Order aimed at learning and experiencing the secrets of the Clockwork Nirvana.  She was asked a great many strange questions by the members of that adventuring party, and her attempts to answer those questions led her mind down avenues of thought that it had never explored before.  Eventually, she was asking those Guvners and Sensates questions of her own, and from there, it wasn't long before she was pronounced rogue, and both she and the adventurers that had 'corrupted' her were arrested and put through the Modron court system.

The final sentence she was given, perhaps because it was judged most efficient that she share the fate of that adventuring party, who had managed a stellar defense in their own trial, was not the summary execution that awaited most Modron rogues, but instead a lesser punishment: permanent exile from her home plane.  Taken to the Modron Cathedral at the heart of Regulus, the great Modron city, she underwent a bizarre transformation which severed her life force from that of the Energy Pool to which all Modrons are inexorably linked.  Her body twisted into a new form, and she was deposited with the adventuring party in the Outlands, in the Gate-Town of Automata.

There was a brief scuffle after that, as both the Sensates and the Guvners who made up that party argued over who would be responsible for her.  Each faction had their own reasons for wanting to lay claim to her, but ultimately her status as a sentient being led them to place the decision upon her.  Members of each faction argued the relative merits of their philosophies and the methods they went about in achieving them, and ultimately, her own curiosity and desire to experience as much as possible led her to choose the Society of Sensation.  She was brought back to the Society's headquarters in Sigil in triumph, and shortly thereafter became an official member of the faction.

She has not been in Sigil for very long, however.  At the start of the game, it has been roughly one month since her induction into the Society of Sensation.
Ons & Offs: Harmony has not yet come to grasp why it is that most races throughout the planes prefer to wear clothing, and refuses to wear it herself unless given convincing reasons to do so.  Though she does not yet understand her budding emotions well enough to have realized it yet, she has in fact come to derive some enjoyment from the extra attention she gets when walking naked through the city streets.  Between the stares, the compliments, the preferential treatment, and even those bold cagers willing to cop a quick feel when the crowds are particularly thick, she is slowly beginning to develop an exhibitionist streak...
What was your last contribution to the Sensorium? The precise nature of the memories of beings from the Plane of Law and Order have allowed Harmony to contribute exact recordings of her entire life cycle as a Modron, from her initial birth as a simple Monodrone, up to her eventual transformation into a rogue Modron.  The very last sensation contributed was the (not entirely unpleasant) sensation of being severed from the central energy pool, her body twisting and transforming into a soft and sensual new form in the process.
What experience in the Sensorium have you been intimidated, but curious, to try? The sensation of causing mass amounts of chaos and disorder, and reveling in the resulting anarchy.
In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party? Harmony's Modron physiology renders her extremely durable to most forms of physical assault, even protecting her somewhat from extremes of heat, cold and corrosive materials.  Even coming with her own built-in armor and knowing quite well how to use a sword, she thus makes for a capable front-line combatant in any adventuring party.  Additionally, her precise, mechanical mind gives her an excellent resistance to illusions and other mind-affecting magic, and she shares many other traits and immunities with constructs.
In what way might you hinder an adventuring party? Though Harmony's Modron nature is a source of great strength to her in battle, that same nature can be a great hindrance while adventuring, as well.  Used to the precision schedules of Mechanus, her mind takes extra time to process sudden, surprising inputs, such as surprise attacks by enemies, and her overall lack of experience with and intense curiosity about life outside of the Clockwork Nirvana can often lead to her walking into areas and touching items best left alone.  On top of that, her lack of understanding of concepts such as 'lying' have left her gullible in the extreme.

I think our characters are all going to have some rather interesting interactions with one another, overall. ;D

Crash

The Changeling I am planning on writing up will be a wizard and live at the dormitories so she may tie in nicely with Harmony.  Now if I can just find some time to write her up!

Hmm a cleric could be better though.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Kunoichi

I say be a Mystic Theurge. ;D Maybe going the Wizard/Archivist route, so you can keep both your Arcane and Divine spells in the same book.

Crash

Don't really know exactly what that means, but I like it!  Mystic Theurge it is.  Now to create her Goddess too...that should be fun.  ;D

Kunoichi

The Mystic Theurge is a prestige class that allows one to progress both arcane and divine spellcasting at each level.  The Archivist can be found here, though the short version is that it's a more Wizardly, knowledge-focused version of a Cleric, who can scribe divine spells into his Prayerbook and then prepares them from said book each morning.

Given the spellcasting focus and the fact that you can pray to an ideal, it might be interesting to just make your character someone with an innate love of magic in all its forms, rather than a follower of a specific deity. ^^

Crash

Perhaps.  Not sure about that.  I was thinking of tying her Planar walking with her deity.  She would not likely have been able to do it without help considering the power level of the characters.  Depends on if she found some minor artifact that could help her move between planes or not.  Will have to see what kind of leeway Dhi will let me have.  She needs a reliable way to survive hostile planes as well.

Skynet

Is there room for one more?  I might be up for a group game.

Unless a similar role is not taken, I have a Drow Ranger/Cleric of Fharlanghn.

Picture.

Name: Alzeggra
Gender & Species: Drow Female
Physical Description: 5'4", lithe build, dresses in functional shirt with a skirt and white hair styled in a pageboy cut.  While adventuring, she wears a mithril chain shirt over her clothes when adventuring.  Sometimes she grows her hair long during long breaks when she knows she won't be going on dangerous journeys, but since this doesn't happen often it rarely extends past her shoulders.  Her breasts are relatively small yet perky, and she has a preference for loose, colorful robes which can be easily taken off when not on any official missions.  Alzeggra's facial features are less angular and more rounded than the typical elf, giving her a rather youthful appearance.  Her dark red eyes have a mischievous twinkle whenever a new hare-brained scheme pops into her head.
Occupation:  Healer and diviner part-time.  Often acts as a sort of tracker and scout, and helps people find rare and treasured lost possessions.  She also specializes in cartography, of both the two-dimensional and three-dimensional variety, and helps interested parties lay claim to unexplored planar territory, from miners and colonists to interested factions of Sigil.  Despite not being a member, she has a cordial relationship with the Fraternity of Order.  The faction values her work in their attempts to expand their knowledge of the Planes.
Faction: Society of Sensation.
Place of Residence: Has a small apartment in the Market Ward, where she buys and sells various trinkets.  The store is relatively small and low-key, and the room between shelves can be quite narrow.
Place of Birth: Ysgard, Svartalfheim.  Unlike the faithful of Lolth on the Material Plane, the dark elves of this layer are mostly neutral and wish to be left alone.  She traveled for many years across Ysgard and the Planes before settling in Sigil.
Date of Birth: -13 FHR (140 years old)

Alignment: Neutral
Personality: Alzeggra can often get a one-track mind when on a job or mission.  Knowing of the many dangers of the world, she often takes on a grim and humorless demeanor when her job involves significant risks and danger.

When on free time, however, she has no problem enjoying the little things in life, from stirring ballads to fine foods.  She has many tales to tell of her travels across the planes, and sometimes loses herself in her stories.  "Work hard and play hard" is her motto while off the job.

History: Alzeggra grew up the daughter of dark elf miners in the underground tunnels of Ysgard.  Her people swore off the ways of Lolth long ago, instead dedicating themselves to the continued survival of the community.  Young Alzeggra was too smart and inquisitive for her own good, and often went exploring the caverns and reading ancient books of worlds beyond.  She turned this into a profession, acting as a scout for her people by exploring unknown and hostile areas.  When she saved up enough money and resources, she set off with a passing merchant's caravan for the world above.
The world was an unfriendly place, and she learned to fight and avoid the Plane's warring factions and giants.  However, the nature of the plane meant that she was revive 24 hours after "death," so she had many opportunities to improve upon her failures.

Eventually she found herself at a way shrine to Fharlanghn, God of Roads and Travel.  She was not one of the faithful at the time, but she uttered a short prayer to him and left an offering for good fortune on her journeys.  While venturing through a dangerous mountain pass, she felt a sort of insight, a kind of sixth sense warning her of danger if she continued down the path.  While taking another pass she noticed a rockslide crash over the other pathway.  She could not prove it, but she knew that her offering to Fharlanghn was not in vain.  Over time her blessings became greater and more frequent, and in  a short time she became a Cleric of the God.

Every so often she visits her home of Ysgard, both to meet her friend of the faith and her family below ground.

Ons & Offs: Alzeggra is an open lesbian with a fondness for other elves.  She often gets along with Tieflings, understanding how others can think the worst of them and knows better to look past such things.  After some unfortunate encounters with others of her kind, she has gained a disgust for genuine sadism (of the non-consensual variety), finding traditional Drow culture horrific and repellent.  She is not fond of the idea of having sex with a man.
What was your last contribution to the Sensorium? Alzeggra ventured to the lower layers of Pandemonium and came upon the maddening shrieks of Harmonica, a series of hollowed-out rocks which make a musical sound when wind passes through them.  She was temporarily deafened by the encounter, but found the melody strangely enjoyable.  She allowed other Sensates to read her mind and experience the music with her before adding it to the archives.  She has yet to discover the mysteries of the place, and might return someday.
What experience in the Sensorium have you been intimidated, but curious, to try? Alzeggra has gained an interest in magic-fueled dream-sex with others after learning about it at a college of Wizards on a Material Plane world.  She is eager to try it out, but the level of trust it requires, as well as its unpredictable nature of the unconscious mind, means that she won't try it unless she's absolutely sure she can trust the participants.
In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party? Very accomplished scout with survival skills, well-versed in divine magic, has several wands of cure wounds spells and various restorative scrolls on her person (and can cast).
In what way might you hinder an adventuring party? Alzeggra tends to be a rather uncompromising professional in her line of work, and has little tolerance for clumsiness and recklessness.  She has a habit of traveling light, and often cautions fellow travelers against carrying "unwanted" things with them.

meikle

Quote from: Crash on March 18, 2013, 10:30:06 PMDepends on if she found some minor artifact that could help her move between planes or not.
I don't know if Dhi has something else in mind, but planar travel isn't meant to be incredibly difficult in Planescape.  Sigil is the City of Doors, after all.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Crash

meikle - Okay, but surviving them might be more difficult. ;)

Hmm, a wizard and potion maker.  I can imagine all of the sensuous concoctions she can come up with.

Kunoichi

From what I've read, in Planescape, most of the danger out on the planes comes more from the local inhabitants than the nature of the planes themselves.  It was pretty much designed from the ground up to allow planar travel as a central aspect of the setting from level 1 onwards.  Even the more inherently dangerous planes tend to have more 'liveable' areas within them, for example.

Crash

Ahh, okay.  That makes some things easier.

meikle

Quote from: Skynet on March 18, 2013, 10:32:02 PMUnless a similar role is not taken, I have a Drow Rogue/Cleric of Olidammara.

Sometimes I get sticklerish about niche protection, so I might be reading into more than what is there; but I get the impression that our characters are both very similar (professional criminals, rogue/casters, reckless-behavior and criminal background as drawbacks, rejection of racial cues, etc)?

QuoteThough, speaking of adventurers, Harmony's backstory presents a pretty good option for at least some of our characters to start the game knowing one another, if either of you think your character would have joined a scientific expedition to Mechanus.
Gears, gears as far as the eye can see!  It's so easy to motivate Sensates; "Do you want to do this thing you've never done before?"  "Yes."

O and O and Discord
A and A

Dhi

Quote from: Skynet on March 18, 2013, 10:32:02 PM
Is there room for one more?  I might be up for a group game.
We do still have room. If the group ends up being unwieldy, we can have two or more story threads happening simultaneously to accommodate different posting rates and tastes.

Quote from: meikle on March 18, 2013, 10:38:13 PM
I don't know if Dhi has something else in mind, but planar travel isn't meant to be incredibly difficult in Planescape.  Sigil is the City of Doors, after all.
That's true. You won't need an ability to create planar portals. It could actually change the tone of the setting dramatically if you do.

Skynet

Quote from: Dhi on March 18, 2013, 11:18:46 PM
We do still have room. If the group ends up being unwieldy, we can have two or more story threads happening simultaneously to accommodate different posting rates and tastes.

Ah, thanks!  I'll just say ahead of time that I can be a pretty active poster in RPs, and I check Elliquiy at least once a day.

MdG

My draft character. Tiefling machinist based on some half-realised character sketches I had for internet fiction.

Name: Bryseis (prefers "Rysse")

Gender & Species: Tiefling female

Physical Description: Proudly tiefling, Rysse does nothing to hide her infernal-red skin, curved horns and thin, pointed tail. A dedicated machinist and alchemist, she cares little for cosmetic niceties and can usually be found in her dark leather jerkin and work boots and breeches, her short dark hair unkempt, scruffy and slicked with oil and dust. Her eyes are a deep, molten gold, exuding a certain sharp intelligence. Her angular features could be considered elegant by tiefling standards, and her fingers are long and dextrous. She is solidly built, with good fleshy volume on her bust, belly and hips - which makes sense, since she is a woman who likes to drink her calories, and then drink some more.

Occupation: Freelance (and often unemployed) machinist and alchemist

Faction: Dabbled with the Xaositects "back in the day" when she was less cynical (which she swears was a long time ago).

Place of Residence: Flophouse bedsit in the Hive, or wherever the latest disastrous drunken tryst with a drow/githyanki/tiefling woman takes her. 

Place of Birth: Sigil - obviously.

Date of Birth: Fucked if she knows. Ask the orphanage at the Gatehouse.

Alignment: Opportunistic Indifferent

Personality: When she isn't drunk and ingesting/inhaling narcotics, she retains a strong enthusiasm for her work, convinced that her mechanical skills and her ability to speak to machines is the one good thing she has going for her. She has a sharp mind, but never had any formal study, so she tends to be practical and functional in her approach to problems. She has been wounded (physically and emotionally) by countless failed relationships, so her hedonism is mixed with a defensive wariness of commitment and emotional attachment.

History: http://www.planewalker.com/100331/tieflings-diary-extract

Ons & Offs: She's a sodding tiefling - generally anything goes.

What was your last contribution to the Sensorium? The distilled sense of bitterness and betrayal at being beaten by your githyanki now ex-lover. Try it sometime.

What experience in the Sensorium have you been intimidated, but curious, to try? A long term relationship involving a tiefling which actually works.

In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party? Mechanical aptitude; a selection of well-hidden knives and shivs; resistance to toxins and poisons, whether administered willingly or unwillingly.

In what way might you hinder an adventuring party? Where to start?

In my limited experience groups larger than 3/4 PCs are difficult to run given different posting rates, but  am happy to work with any proposals.

Crash

Flesh it out more. Game hasn't started yet.  :)

And you are further along than I am.

Skynet

This might be something to say ahead of time to clear up any confusion, but when it comes to one-on-one sexual RP, I'm only comfortable with female players.  I'm not averse to the idea of group RP with male participants, as long as at least one of the players is a Lady.  I don't think that this will be a problem, though, judging by the pool of interested takers. :-)