You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 09:49:39 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Map designing program or website?  (Read 452 times)

Offline XillenTopic starter

Map designing program or website?
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone know of a semi-decent free program that allows you to draw a map of an area. For example, I want to draw the layout for a campus site to show which building is where in comparison to the other buildings.

I'm a total klutz when it comes to drawing graphics on my own, and the only program I have that can make graphics are MS Paint and dungeon generating tools, which don't work very well for setting up a campus terrain.

Greetings, Xillen.

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Map designing program or website?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »
This, maybe?

Not sure if this is what you were looking for/need, but I thought I'd suggest it.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »
http://www.citycreator.com/ lets you create an isometric view of a town/city sort of thing. 

Offline XillenTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »
This, maybe?

Not sure if this is what you were looking for/need, but I thought I'd suggest it.

It seems to aim at representations of real life geography maps, while I want to design my own custom map.

http://www.citycreator.com/ lets you create an isometric view of a town/city sort of thing.

This is more or less what I'm looking for. Thanks Oniya! The interface is... rather clumsy, but I'll manage.