News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Forums not marked as read? Bug?

Started by Izu, March 01, 2011, 06:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

Okay... so you know how the forums are a darker blue-green color when there is a topic you haven't read, right? I've noticed that something goes a bit odd... I have my thread in the bad and ugly forum bookmarked, so whenever someone posts in it I enter it through my bookmarks, even post, reply in it, etc. But when I go to the forums' index the B&U forum remains marked as if I haven't checked the newest post in it.

Like right now... I've checked all the threads in the B&U forum, but I entered it through my bookmarked topic, and the forum still stays in darker color...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Oreo

Yes, I have noticed this as well when I look from either my gmail notifications or use the show new replies.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Lord Drake

Something like this tends to happen with PM too... I read them and at times the red writing telling me I have a new one stays up...
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Vekseid

Quote from: Izu on March 01, 2011, 06:40:06 AM
Okay... so you know how the forums are a darker blue-green color when there is a topic you haven't read, right? I've noticed that something goes a bit odd... I have my thread in the bad and ugly forum bookmarked, so whenever someone posts in it I enter it through my bookmarks, even post, reply in it, etc. But when I go to the forums' index the B&U forum remains marked as if I haven't checked the newest post in it.

Like right now... I've checked all the threads in the B&U forum, but I entered it through my bookmarked topic, and the forum still stays in darker color...

It's not a bug so much as a feature of how thread view tracking works. That code was written more than a decade ago and hasn't been corrected since.

Izu

*blinks* And it started working now? Because this has been happening for 3-4 days, and never before... despite having had the same situation.

Vekseid

No, if you visit a link from your bookmarks it won't mark the thread as read.

Izu

Even if I post in the thread? Be redirected to the forum? It will not mark the forum as read?