You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 16, 2017, 09:23:54 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: MAC Port issues  (Read 590 times)

Offline Callie Del NoireTopic starter

MAC Port issues
« on: February 26, 2011, 08:33:18 PM »
Right now I'm trying to open up a specific port to run a Windows ap on my Mac (I'm running Parallels 6) and for some reason my Airport router is VERY unfriendly for things beyond basics setting up 'Jabber' and other apps for port access.

Anyone know how I can get it to open a SPECIFIC port? I've already added the windows app (Fantasy Grounds 2) to my Mac OS side firewall and tried the help desk at Apple.

Offline Vekseid

Re: MAC Port issues
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »
Sometimes in router configuration that is listed under 'forwarding' or 'applications', though it's been a long time since I've had to deal with an Airport router : /

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 08:44:56 PM »
Sometimes in router configuration that is listed under 'forwarding' or 'applications', though it's been a long time since I've had to deal with an Airport router : /

I've used the Port Forwarding options on my airport config utility and added the port number in specifics already. When I test it there is no connection.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »
FIXED... (I think).

Had to put Parallels into bridge mode (so it had a separate IP address than the Mac it was running on), then configure the port in question on my timecapsule with that specific IP address.. BAG. It works. :D

Happy happy .. will know for sure when one of the other players in the group gets online to test fantasy grounds to see if it works. :D