Started by Xillen, February 25, 2011, 05:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Lifting the Curse [Players Wanted]
Lifting the Curse [IC]
Lifting the Curse [OOC]
Lifting the Curse [Characters]

Introduction

It was just over a month ago, that the three brutes entered the village of Daelinshire, named after the great Daelin forests on which outskirts it lay situated. The creatures looked a bit like big, fat humans. That is, if big fat humans grew more than ten feet tall, and weighted more than 1000 lb. They weren't even armed, running around with small trees that they used to smash things, or rocks they simply grabbed from the ground and hurled against things. Yet, their simple brutal power was enough to wipe out Daelinshire's standing militia. In mere minutes, the few guards that still remained alive either surrendered or fled. The giants didn't care much for surrender. They just smashed the bowing heads in, and continued to advance into the village and wreak havoc. As rocks flew through the air, tearing down houses, the giants advanced, trampling the peasants that were too struck by fear to flee under their heels.

A single black raven seemed oblivious to the pillaging and slaughter, as it landed on the opposite side of the town. A puff of gray smoke briefly surrounded the bird and when the smoke had cleared, a middle aged man had taken it's place. The man, who later introduced himself as Xenion Blackfeather, was dressed entirely in black robes, while a simple black string held his graying black hair into a ponytail. He quickly ran into the fleeing council of elders and proposed them a deal. The man would rid the village of the giants, if the village paid him something in return. Something the village had plenty of, the man had warned them. The council, completely desperate, gave in without a second thought, glad to pay something they had in abundance to get rid of the giants, without even considering what the man was after.

When the deal was agreed upon, the man lifted one hand in the air, and three dark orbs appeared around his wrist, flying around in small circles. "Your time is over!" the man yelled in the tongue of giants, before the three orbs left his wrist and flew towards the brutes that menaced the town, flying over or past any obstacles that obscured the path between those orbs and the menacing brutes. The giants had just enough time to see the orbs of darkness pierce the sky and head in their direction, but not enough time to dodge them. The orbs struck each of them, entering their bodies close to their heart, without so much as leaving a scar.

While the initial damage appeared nihil, it quickly became apparent just how effective these orbs were. One after another, the brutes fell to their knees, hands in front of them on the ground. As the brutes howled in pain, their appearance changed, their hair quickly grayed, and then fell out of their head. Their skin grew dark and scarred to pieces, some pieces literally falling off their bodies, and exposing the flesh and organs beneath them to the open air. Teeth fell out of their mouth, and finally, the brutes succumbed to the ground, which shook as their heavy body masses collapsed. Even then, they still lived for agonizing seconds, before their hearts gave out, and the light dimmed from their eyes.

With the giants dead, the peasants where aghast by the devastating magic the traveler wielded, but nonetheless admitted that the man had saved the town. "Name your reward!" the eldest of the elder spoke to the traveler, before reminding him: "But remember that it has to be something we have in abundance."

"In abundance you do!" Xenion replied, as his gaze wandered off, and big eyes moved from young maiden to young maiden. "Give me twelve of your prettiest girls, at least half of which must be virgins, and I will guarantee the safety of your village!"

The council was in shock. For a moment, they wondered if they misheard the man or perhaps the man was joking, but when they realized the man was completely earnest, the council refused. "Never!" they screamed at the man. "How can you ask us to give our daughters and the daughters of our townsfolk away? We'd rather have died at the hands of those giants than meet your insane demands. Now, get out and never return here!"

"Fine, I will take my leave." the man answered, expecting their hostility. "But not before giving you something to think about. Sleep!" For a brief moment, a shadow fell over the town, despite the clear blue sky. One by one every male, be they human or elf or exotic traveler, fell to the ground and sunk away into unconsciousness. About a minute later, Xenion was the only man still awake. Of the townsfolk, only the women were still standing, watching in horror as their men lay on the ground in coma. "In one year, I will return." the man warned the women, as he turned around and walked towards the edge of town. "I will once again demand a dozen of your girls. If you agree with me then, your men will wake up. Otherwise, they will die." After a few more steps, a puff of smoke erupted from the ground where the man placed his right foot, once more obscuring the man from sight. Before the smoke had settled, the man had disappeared, and a lone raven squawked, as it flew away towards the horizon.

What I'm looking for

I was setting up a D&D game, aimed at low level and players new to the genre. The players involved were Duchess, Lynnie, Maegan and Rayne Bluestone, but it seems Maegan has gone missing in action, so I'm looking for one more lady to fill the last spot.

It would be a small group of female adventurers with a more or less regular D&D plot, but with smexyness tossed in left and right. Some monsters, for example, would rather rape the PCs than kill them were they to win the fight, and perhaps some of the PCs could use their female charms and bodies to get information or past situations, but that would be part of a regular plot where there are also monsters aimed at simply killing you and looting the spoils, and situations that require more mundane methods to solve.

Since I prefer people playing true to their gender, and since the story already established the party to be a group of girls, at least for the time being, I'm basically looking for female players to apply only.

Character generation details

The rules for generating a character are in the Out of Character thread. There is a template for the character sheet in the Characters thread. I can help you with the Character sheet if needed, or make it for you based on a few pointers. However, do check with me before making your character.

At the moment we have a ranger (archery), a favored soul (sword and shield) and a rogue (dualwield). Maegan played the arcane caster. It's a human town, but don't let that restrict your racial options.

In case Maegan does come back after someone else joined the game, I can manage with a fifth player, so don't be worried about that.

Sethala

I know you said you'd prefer a female player for the game, but I would be interested in joining with a female character if you can't find someone more suited to your tastes.

Ixy

Maybe, if you'd have me?  What kind of postie detail are you considering, what kind of post rate, etc?  I'd like to find -one- more game, and if you have other applicants I'll understand, but it really comes down to what kind of detail/writing style you expect from the players and if you'd even consider having me.  Let me know what you'd like, what kind of character level/limits, and how much NC you're expecting (I am perhaps not the best for this because of my squick at all-out forced/brutal nc, but I'd be very flexible about what qualifies consent and rather enjoy some outright coercion or inopportune solicitation.)  Thoughts?

yesiroleplay

This is a very intriguing idea.  Ixy is a great player, so I wish her luck with this one!
If you decide to allow another player, let me know.  I'd love to try a bard or paladin in this game.

Xillen

*blinks*

One moment you're looking for one player, and the other moment, you get some PMs and some replies in your thread. :P

Quote from: Sethala on February 25, 2011, 11:47:14 PMI know you said you'd prefer a female player for the game, but I would be interested in joining with a female character if you can't find someone more suited to your tastes.

Myeah, apologies. I prefer it that way, but I don't make it a requirement for all my games. I've been requested to run a higher level D&D game as well, which I'm postponing a bit, because I've already got a couple of games in the work. I'll probably allow players and characters of either gender in that one and won't mind cross-gender as much.

Quote from: Ixy on February 26, 2011, 07:51:59 PMMaybe, if you'd have me?  What kind of postie detail are you considering, what kind of post rate, etc?  I'd like to find -one- more game, and if you have other applicants I'll understand, but it really comes down to what kind of detail/writing style you expect from the players and if you'd even consider having me.  Let me know what you'd like, what kind of character level/limits, and how much NC you're expecting (I am perhaps not the best for this because of my squick at all-out forced/brutal nc, but I'd be very flexible about what qualifies consent and rather enjoy some outright coercion or inopportune solicitation.)  Thoughts?

The rules for generating a character can be found in the Out of Character thread. See the initial post for the link.

I don't have a specific post-rate or post-size in mind. I usually try to match my writing partners. If you prefer a more specific answer: I don't expect all players to post daily, but a few posts per week would be appreciated. Size of post would depend on the situation. In combat I can imagine IC posts to be shorter, but overall around two paragraphs would be nice.

I do think this specific game might not exactly be your cup of tea. The party will end up in NC heavy scenes from time to time. It's more or less the original premise of the game.

I do like your writing style, and I would be happy to RP with you in the future. While most of my games have dom-sub elements, they're usually not as NC heavy as I plan this one to be. You'll get dibs when I do start the higher level game that's still on the back of my mind (but I want my other games to be up and running before putting my head in that one).

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 26, 2011, 10:09:03 PMThis is a very intriguing idea.  Ixy is a great player, so I wish her luck with this one!
If you decide to allow another player, let me know.  I'd love to try a bard or paladin in this game.

I've given Mystic Mika the 4th spot, but since the perfect party has either 4 or 5 players, and Maegan seems to have vanished altogether :-(, I don't mind including a fifth character. Both Paladin and Bard can be a welcome addition to the party.

If you're comfortable with the NC elements, then feel free to PM me so we can work things out.

Xillen

For the sake of clarity, this game has started, and is currently not recruiting players.

There are links at the top of the thread, in case someone wants to follow the game.