You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 08:43:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: She's alive... Alive! - Weird Science for the 21st century  (Read 468 times)

Offline RedEveTopic starter

She's alive... Alive! - Weird Science for the 21st century
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »
WEIRD SCIENCE!

The basic concept for this idea is pretty much a straight-forward, modern day adaptation of both the movie and TV series "Weird Science".

I would move the action from a HS setting to a college campus, but the rest of the basic ideas remain the same.  A socially unadjusted and awkward individual uses his computer to create a virtual woman. Something goes wrong - or right - which turns her from a computer simulation into a real woman, who possesses magical powers to boot.

A few specific points of interest for anyone who thinks about applying for the role of the male computer geek:

• I see this as a fairly modestly paced roleplay. I already have several active games, so I see this as no more than a 2-3 posts a week thing.
  • I do not want this to turn into a series of sexual trysts between the guy and the virtual girl. It can start out that way - he is after a sex-starved student and she is a ridiculously hot woman - but the plot should quickly turn towards the magical aspect: what wishes will he make and how will they work out?
  • I play on starting this out a one-on-one thing. If it works well, then perhaps we invite in another player who can portray a friend of the main protagonist who is in on the secret.

Offline Nohbdy

Re: She's alive... Alive! - Weird Science for the 21st century
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:00:42 PM »
This sounds rather interesting, though I must admit I am only moderately familiar with the source series.

Offline Red Gryphon

Re: She's alive... Alive! - Weird Science for the 21st century
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 11:51:08 PM »
I would be interested, and the posting number works fine for me.