A Dark Tale
Once upon a time in a land far, far away, there existed a realm by the name of Fantasia. The forests were green, the rivers were crystal, and all sorts of flora and fauna lived in harmony. There were creatures one might have dreamt of or read about in storybooks; and in this land, no tale was ever wrong. In this land, fairytales were real.
There were princes and angel-haired damsels, trolls, goblins, ogres, and demons—fairies, dwarves, and talking animals and trees. They all existed here. But alas, as most tales go, the stories are not always peaceful.
One day, the king and queen of Fantasia discovered a complication. The queen was sterile and the king desired an heir. Although loving his wife more than anything, he was slowly giving in to the suggestions from his adviser to divorce her. A maidservant happened to overhear the discussion amongst the king and his adviser and quickly relayed the news to the queen. Fearful and distraught, the queen called for the most powerful being in all the land unaware that her wish would change Fantasia for several years.
A witch came to the queen with the solution she sought. In a vial, the witch carried a bloody serum that within it held a black seed. She said to the queen that the seed would give her a child and that her king would love her again, but unknowingly to her, the seed was far from normal. Desperately, the queen took the vial and sent the witch away. In just a few days, the queen became round and plump with a child. The king was overjoyed and all of Fantasia celebrated.
As days passed into weeks, to the king’s horror, the queen would not stop growing and soon was crazed and bedridden. The queen's condition was kept in tight secrecy from the rest of the kingdom, and any that dare speak of the situation were either killed or disappeared.
One night, the queen was found dead, her belly torn open as though something had clawed its way out. The king was found murdered, and striding back into the castle was the witch, taking the throne of Fantasia as queen. All the creatures of the land were left in ignorance to what had happened that night. Rumors said the queen gave birth to a monster that was now controlled by the new queen. Whatever the story be, Fantasia was no longer the same again.
There was a new monarch that cast her dark hand across the kingdom, destroying or enslaving those who wished to oppose her. Fantasia quickly morphed from a land of milk and honey to a land corrupted by sin.
The Main Plot – The Run Down
There are two main factions that exist in this role play: The White Order a.k.a. The Rebellion and The Dark Court a.k.a. The Queen's Legion. You will plot your character’s story around those factions. As for neutrals, I am only allowing three neutral slots in order to avoid there being more neutral characters than there are characters in either faction. So the three
neutral slots are first-come first-serve and the characters that wish to be neutral must have profiles that pass the profile process. If they don’t, then the slots will be open.
In this RP, players will be secretly plotting against other players. Depending on how sides team up against each other will determine if this RP has a “happily ever after” or not. So understand that your characters are capable of making serious mistakes that can lead to the advantage of the other team. Also understand that this is a storyline game. I put this on Elliquiy because this is a mature role play, but this RP is more storyline than porn. If you want to join this game for the sole purpose having your character screw another character and that is all, then I will ask you to leave the game.The Setting
This was a little difficult to convey, so I hope you get an idea of what I'm looking for after reading this. The fashion is 1800s Victorian Era, but the technology is 1700s, meaning guns do not exist and gunpowder only exists as fireworks. The transportation is horse and carriage. I will also allow lace being invented during this time (even though that was 1900s). The architecture is 1800s to early 1900s. I hope this help conveys my crazy idea. All this and fantasy. Medieval is even allowed.
Animals talk, sometimes trees can too, but you'll be allowed to have free reign over those ideas. Fairy tale aspects are always allowed here since this is a fairytale RP.
Oh yes, and this is a horror RP
. There shall be horror aspects.Characters
The only kinds of characters permitted in this game are characters from: Grimm Fairy Tales and Hans Christian Andersen
. No other storylines are allowed. You can Google these fairytales to get ideas for a character that is not currently listed. The characters listed below must be role played as their gender. I will not allow for there to be a male red riding hood. If they were female in the fairy tales, then they must be female. If they were male in the fairy tales, then they must be male. Some of the characters below have set jobs and positions already, so any characters that aren’t listed below that you decide to make, you must run their job by me.
You are allowed to portray the characters however way you like. Characters that are animals do not have to appear anthropomorphic or straight up quadruped. They can be human with animal features. Go crazy with the background history, but to enhance interaction, try to form histories around enemies or other characters. Please avoid dictating another character’s life. If you Rp a character that originally was paired in a fairy tale with another, if a player ever decides to join as that character, I doubt he or she will want to RP what you dictated happened to him or her. So please write a history focused ONLY on the character you’re playing. That way, if a character joins that is related to the fairytale your character is from, THEN you can rewrite the background to fit him or her in.
Yes, you are allowed to role play a character that will eventually become good or a character that will eventually become bad. The "***" next to a role's name are roles that MUST be filled in order for the RP to begin.
Just adding some new information here. I will not be allowing anyone to role play The Snow Queen. She's just kind of overpowered. Her story also kind of seems too big for this RP and would conflict with the queen of Fantasia. So no snow queen. I'm sorry.The Queen’s Legion
New players can be added to the above list. Be sure to run your character by the GM.NPC Evil Subjects
- ***The Wicked Queen (The Witch) – Nazora – Leader – the queen is wise in the art of potions and spells. Magic is her forte as well as her best weapon. She is a clever and devious leader who is not to be taken lightly even by her own subjects. A player wishing to take on this role must be confident in his or her ability to play an evil ruler. This role is very important.
- ***The Wolf a.k.a. The Big Bad Wolf – Ebb – General – A Master of Disguise and loyal knight of the queen.
- ***Goldilocks – Luella – General – Mistress and enslaver of all talking animals. She hates bears especially.
- The Frog Prince - Dark Deception - General - A cursed prince turned monster by the magic of a wicked fairy.
- The Shadow Princess - ladyelizabeth - General/Deceiver - A dark princess of the court.
- Sleeping Beauty - Serishen - Seer - A narcoleptic and useful addition to the Dark Court. Despite her condition, her premonitions can prove to be rather haunting.
- Rumpelstiltskin - Goss - Blacksmith - The ironworker of the court with kidnapping tendencies.
- The Three Little Pigs – Three piggy lords that run a brothel where they enslave young men and women. They are fat and wealthy piglets that love to make money and also love to whore around. They are pigs after all. They work under The Wolf.
- The Muffin Man – The Muffin Man? Who lives on Dreary Lane? Yes, The Muffin Man. He assists the evil queen by baking her giant Gingerbread Men or otherwise known as Golems. They range in sizes from giant to tiny proportions. These creations are only out for one thing, blood.
- Matilda – The queen’s cousin. Hansel and Gretel would remember her best. She is the old woman that lives in a house of desirable sweets. You don’t want to eat her desserts or you’ll never be able to stop. She loves rounding up fat little boys and girls to bake into delicious cookies. She is a cannibal. Don’t let her sweet and frail nature fool you, she is quite lethal and very frightening. Thought to had been killed long ago, the witch has returned thanks to her cousin’s rise to power.
- Humpty Dumpty - Minister of Propaganda - court jester, town crier, and propaganda master. He sits on a wall and shouts queen's news to the world. [created by Nazora]
- Trolls, Goblins, Giants, Gargoyles, Demons and Gnomes – They are the typical henchmen of the queen. They can be found as soldiers, scouts, guards, etc.
New players can be added to the above list. Be sure to run your character by the GM.NPC Allies of the Rebellion
- ***Little Red Riding Hood – midnight diamond – Leader – Perhaps no longer “little.” She is the creator and leader of The White Order. A once innocent little girl gone dangerous, she swears revenge on The Wolf. A player choosing to RP this character must be confident in their ability to lead. This is a very important role.
- Little Bear – Downfall347 – Knight/Berserker - One of the three bears, whatever happened to his parents? Far from “little” the bear has grown up and swears revenge on Goldielocks.
Hansel – AusGre – Executioner - A long time ago, he and his sister escaped the clutches of Matilda. It was thanks to his sister that he wasn’t trapped under her spell. [D e a d]
- Gretel – LadyDiscord – Executioner – A long time ago, she and her brother escaped the clutches of Matilda. She freed her brother from Matilda’s clutches and swore they had killed her long ago.
- Puss in Boots – Dino – Strategist/Assassin – She’s not just your average cat.
- The Valiant Little Tailor - Moon Hound Hati - Conman - A clever addition to The Order, Tailor proves to be an asset to the faction by taking on the dirty jobs. He is capable of getting the group information or materials most cannot.
- Snow White - Open - Boss of Seven - She is the mafia head, dona, and leader of the notorious group known as Seven. Remember Snow White and the Seven Dwarves? Well, you haven't heard this version.
More may be added as the story progressesNeutralsRapunzel - Pearl Ruby - Potion Maker - A troubled, once-enchantress, owner of the Apothecary in Brogdin. She is renown for her master potion-making and experimentations.The Little Mermaid - Aragem - Prostitute - An exile with the gift of song. She's not just a woman. Prostitute at The Three Little Pig's Brothel.Reserved
- Talking Animals – These fable creatures are usually enslaved. Animals used to talk, but ever since the rise of the new queen, they have become afraid to. The animals aren’t stupid. They are smart and hear better than you think.
- Fairies, Plants, Elves & Dwarves - These creatures are also friendlies if they aren't slaves, caged, or servants to the queen in some way.
- Seven - They are the notorious, seven dwarven killers. [Any of these seven NPCs can become an actual playable character if a player is interested]
[Neutrals have been filled. No longer accepting.
]The Character Code
[b]Alias[/b]: (as in what fairy tale character)Rules
[b]Age[/b]: (if applicable)
[b]Basic Appearance[/b]: (Pic and brief description if pic doesn't summarize.)
[b]Psychological Disorder(s)[/b]: (any problems or fetishes go here)
[b]Background[/b]: (I expect a brief dark story here lol)
[b]Partner[/b]: (if your character comes from a story where he or she is usually with another or whoever you choose as a partner can go here. If no one, then no one. If you don't want your character to have a partner, then put no one.)
[b]Weaponry[/b]: (If he or she carries anything and it can also be natural weaponry such as teeth or claws)
[b]Powers[/b] (I’ll be checking these. I want everyone to at least be sensible with their powers)
1. OOC will remain in the OOC thread
. That is what the OOC is made for so please do not post OOC bubbles in the IC. If you’re going somewhere or are trying to talk to someone specifically, PM them or use the OOC thread. Thanks.
2. Do not post pictures in the IC thread
. I never saw the point in that. We can always go see who your character is. Please don’t post pictures in the IC thread. Also, I notice some people like to post pictures in the IC thread because they feel it helps them convey what they are describing better. Usually people who post pictures in the IC thread, post ridiculously enormous pics. If you are a writer, then conveying the mental image you're trying to present in your writing won't be difficult. A mental image is more effective than an actual image because the reader's opinion creates what you're trying to describe. If you are reliant on pictures, then use this RP to learn how to not be reliant on them and to practice bettering description and detail in your writing.
3. Do not auto-hit another player’s character
. There is a correct way to attack the character of another player and that is to write the action as an intention. Meaning it hasn’t happened yet, but depending on the other players response, it can happen. Example: Bob swings his fist at Jay’s jaw
. In that statement, the action was never confirmed to have happened. The intention is just there. In the case of two characters running into conflict, I recommend they discuss how the fight will occur in the OOC to eliminate any drama.
4. What I say goes
. I try to be as fair as possible, if you’re trying to ask a favor of me that I say “No” to, then please respect that it’s no. Do not argue with me. No is no.
. Do not join this RP if you do not plan on interacting with another player. I will not allow tea parties. Tea parties are when two players constantly post to one another and ignore everyone else. This RP kind of makes interaction very impossible. I don’t see why a tea party would start up when your characters are all working together. If your characters are separated from the group, then this is fine. I’m sure you know what I mean by tea parties anyway, so I’m not going to drawl this explanation on.
6. Respect each other’s O/Os
. I recommend players keep in contact with anyone they are interacting with. Always make sure that what you are doing doesn’t offend another player. If there is a problem in the RP that you wish to tell me, the GM, you are welcome to PM if you think it may affect your continuation with this RP.
7. Do not control another player’s character
. Always give the other player a chance to respond. If you feel impatient, then go do something else. Take a break. There is no hurry.
8. Post at least 200 words
. This isn’t a lot. I just do not like one-lining. So please try and meet the 200 words minimum.
. This is what makes RPs last a long time. If you disappear please be courteous to let us know in the OOC. I can make adjustments to the RP this way. If you quit, then please say you’re leaving. But once you quit, please refrain from talking in the OOC. Once you are gone, you are gone. The OOC is for players involved in this storyline.
10. RP Speed
I expect people to post once a day or at least 2 to 3 times a week. I understand everyone is busy. I'm busy at times. I want this RP to move at a comfortable speed. If a player hasn't posted for 4 days straight, without informing the Rpers of his or her negligence, then skip him or her.
11. No Futanari
12. Have fun
. Please write enough so that we can appreciate your character. I am very lenient with this RP, but please don’t give me a reason to be strict. Use spell check, read over your posts, and don’t post for the hell of it
. If no one has posted yet, then don’t just post to post because it makes you feel accomplished. That is clutter. Do not clutter up the RP. At the end of the day, when people get out of classes or off work, they want to come online and find something worth reading. Just go find something to do until someone posts a reply.PlayersThe Valiant Little Tailor
- The White Order/Conman
- (Moon Hound Hati
- The White Order/Executioner
) ♀The Frog Prince
- The Dark Court/General
- (Dark Deception
) ♂The Evil Queen
- The Dark Court/Leader
) ♀The Wolf
- The Dark Court/General
) ♂The Shadow Princess
- The Dark Court/Deceiver
) ♀Little Red Riding Hood
- The White Order/Leader
- (midnight diamond
) ♀Little Bear
- The White Order/Knight/Berserker
) ♂Puss in Boots
- The White Order/Strategist/Assassin
Hansel - The White Order/Executioner - (AusGre) ♂ [D e a d] Goldilocks
- The Dark Court/General
- Neutral/Potion Maker
- (Pearl Ruby
) ♀Sleeping Beauty
- The Dark Court/Seer
) ♀The Little Mermaid
- The Dark Court/Blacksmith
) ♂LinksCharacter ThreadOOCQueen's CastleRebellion HQBrogdinGoldilocks's MansionFairy WoodsQ&AQ:
I plan to use the profile template, but am I allowed to plot the profile however I wish?A
: I want everyone to use the template, but if you wish to create your own layout, you are welcome to. You are also allowed to mention any information that you think will be important or portrays your character best.Clarifications
This is a dark
role play. There will be macabre. What there won't be are any fetishes that involve toiletries. There will be gore, sex, maybe rape, and just things along the dark fantasy lines. This won't be Clive Barker and this won't be Playboy (meaning endless gore or endless porn). This is simply a RP with a storyline. I expect everyone to respect each other's O/Os at all times. This is RP will be placed in: NC: Exotic Free-form Small Groups
If the character you chose didn't have a name in the story, you are welcome to give him or her a name for this RP.