You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 02:19:49 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Tornado Within(D&D 3.5 seeker thread)  (Read 3683 times)

Offline NicciKotorTopic starter

The Tornado Within(D&D 3.5 seeker thread)
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
Two of my games have slowed to nothing, so here is a nice pathfinder game to get people nice and excitable. I am rather new to pathfinder, but I know enough to not make a fool out of myself. I have found through experimentation that 4 people is a good number for me as well, so be prepared to fight amongst yourselves over who gets in.

-Level 6 starting.
-4 people, even mix of boys and girls.
-17000 gp starting.
-4d6 standard.
-Pathfinder rules, naturally.
-One free personal magical item.

Also this is going to be a urban game, so prepare for that. Depending on the class layout of the group, I'll figure something out for how you all know each other. It is very very bad to start a game without prior knowledge of the party.

Offline ulthakptah

Re: The Tornado Within(D&D 3.5 seeker thread)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:21:36 PM »
I think I'll play. I just don't know what class yet.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
I think I'll play. I just don't know what class yet.

Gasp! The horror!

Offline ulthakptah

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:48:15 PM »
Gasp! The horror!
Yeah, whatever, you know you love me.

Offline avorae

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:17:43 PM »
I am so in.. I will probably go either cleric of maybe monk...

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:19:30 PM »
I am so in.. I will probably go either cleric of maybe monk...

Gasp! The horror!

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »
I think I would be interested, is playtest contest allowed? If so, I'd probably make a gunslinger.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »
I think I would be interested, is playtest contest allowed? If so, I'd probably make a gunslinger.

Gasp! The horror!

Also, nope.

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
Gasp! The horror!

Also, nope.

Mm, alright. No to possible class or me? If the former, probably... Something, would need to think.

Offline ulthakptah

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »
Hmm, a party in a urban game without a rogue is no good, and pathfinder rogues are pretty beefy. I'm making a rogue. About how much should our one free personal magical item be?

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:16:24 PM »
Nevars!

Just throw ideas at me, so I can laugh at them. The free magical items should not be over powered.

Offline ulthakptah

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 11:20:52 PM »
How about a +6 Belt of Magnificence, all it does is give a +6 enhancement bonus to all abilities. That's not broken at all, right?

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 11:21:33 PM »
How about a +6 Belt of Magnificence, all it does is give a +6 enhancement bonus to all abilities. That's not broken at all, right?

Add in +6 to saves? Just makes it an epic item :p

Well, for PF... I think I might as well just try a plain old fighter, every group needs one.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »
Add in +6 to saves? Just makes it an epic item :p

Well, for PF... I think I might as well just try a plain old fighter, every group needs one.

Think you can post at a regular daily level? I know you had trouble in the pasts, but we did manage one solo game well enough together.

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 11:37:39 PM »
Yeah, I feel pretty bad about that. This game, I would post at a more active pace, promise.

Offline ulthakptah

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »
Think you can post at a regular daily level? I know you had trouble in the pasts, but we did manage one solo game well enough together.
What no comment on how ridiculous of an item that is? fine, I give a real submission then. Belt of Battle it's only 6% of the market price of that other belt I asked for. It gives +2 to initiative, and has 3 charges. Using one charge gives an extra move action, two gives a standard action, and all three gives a full round action.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 12:06:32 AM »
Sounds kinky enough. Could be a magical naughty item too. Those are more fun to have around since you can be far more creative about it.

Offline ulthakptah

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 01:17:21 AM »
Okay all done here

Vincent Calavicci

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 01:34:36 AM »
22 hp?

Also list your magical items so I can see what you got there. I am not familiar with pathfinder items, just MIC items.

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 01:36:16 AM »
Working on a fighter now. How do we handle HP? roll it too?

For free magic item, trying to think of something more 'kinky' that a fighter would have, just what would count as something kinky and erotic for a magic item tah fighter would keep? I"m open to ideas :P Though they seem to be slim pickings in my head.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »
yeah standard roll for hp.

A naughty item would be towards your personality, not your class. What sort of kinks your char would have would limit what you would carry around. Being a fighter would hardly have much to do with that.

Offline ulthakptah

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:48 AM »
22 hp?

Also list your magical items so I can see what you got there. I am not familiar with pathfinder items, just MIC items.
I fixed that now I have 50hp

Anyway most of the items in pathfinder are the same as they were in 3.5 like Eyes of the Eagle and Hat of Disguise. The rest of the items are from MIC Battle Belt, Healing Belt, Chronocharm of the horizon walker, and Chronocharm of the laughing rogue. The Chronocharm of the laughing rogue I payed an extra 8k on to have the continual effect of the Critical strike spell from Spell Compendium. The formula for adding such an effect is spell level*caster level*2000*4 for the spell duration being measured in rounds

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:19 AM »
Pretty sure the caster level has to be higher then level 1 to make magic items. Also a continuous reroll on failed disable device checks is going overboard, so nix that idea right then and there.

I knew I smelled something weird when I saw your items list and saw how there wasn't enough for 17000 gp.

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:28 AM »
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8152

Used pretty much PF feats only, nothing from WoTC 3.5, all of those feats were in the SRD for PF. Lucky HP rolls! If anything seems in error or you wish it changed, let me know.

For a naughty magic item, Hrm... Personality wise, he'd probably prefer women who were either buxom, or women in fairly revealing outfits, so perhaps some sort of item tailored to changing womens clothing or enhancing their assets? :p I have a feeling these are on the tame level, however. For other non magical gear, I usually have trouble figuring out what he'd have, so i'll get to work on that a bit later, he has about 1,000 HP left.

Offline ulthakptah

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 07:41:06 AM »
Pretty sure the caster level has to be higher then level 1 to make magic items. Also a continuous reroll on failed disable device checks is going overboard, so nix that idea right then and there.

I knew I smelled something weird when I saw your items list and saw how there wasn't enough for 17000 gp.
Well, you are wrong, and you're wrong. The caster level can be 1st lvl for a magic item. Two examples are the Watch Lamp and the Ring of Floating. The second thing you wrong about is what the item does. It still only gives one reroll everyday, but it also puts me under the continuous effect of a critical strike spell. The critical strike is continuous, the other ability works just the same.