Anonymous strikes again!

Started by Wolfy, February 08, 2011, 02:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

The Help-desk tech in me is slamming its head against a desk.  "Oh hi, I need my password reset.  Change it to this.  What's my account name again?"
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Keep in mind that Greg Hoglund was regarded as a security expert. I tend to bristle when my host asks me for details when communicating with them over e-mail, myself. "What, you think -I'm- going to get hacked?"

Aludiana of the Dusk

On a good day, I think Anon is kind of like an allegory for the duality of human nature they clearly have some members who are capable of doing good; but even the most altruistic person has their limits. Just, as an example, one of my good friends works as a foster for the local animal shelter; she also happens to be in law enforcement. At one point in time she was hoping to be an officer like one of the ones in the various Animal Cops series on Animal Planet, but acknowledged "On a good day, I'd arrest someone and save an animal; but eventually I'd reach my breaking point and find it really hard not to shoot a suspect in the face."

Maybe some of the people in 4chan are capable of doing something like that; and I honestly can't say that I wouldn't act in a similar manner; especially regarding some issues I'm very sensitive to (abuse and bullying come to mind). I just happen to think its incredibly fascinating that their group dynamic has manifested itself in the manner it has. On one hand they appear to be sort of cyber Robin Hoods; and on the other hand they appear to just be hoodlums.

~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Huginn

For all their use of Guy Fawkes masks perhaps the better icon for them is Two Face? The duality of their highs and lows ..and inability to do anything without going overboard screams two face at me.