You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 02:43:16 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: VR Soul Calibur (F looking for M)  (Read 12260 times)

Offline Xillen

Re: VR Soul Calibur (F looking for M)
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 05:06:55 AM »
1.) Something 'meta'- In that the eRP takes place within the gameverse, powerups and so on. The heroine's aware of the how the game's 'physics' work- Maybe rather tongue-in-cheek- but it makes perfectly sense to her that floating chickens restores her health, she never has to worry where she puts her weapons, that kind of thing.

This idea I really like, but it should be easy to combine this with option 3 or 4.

2.) The girl's playing her character via VR or the like, so her character's actiosn and her own are identical.

I'm not too fond of this one. It moves the consciousness too much to the girl in the VR suit rather than the game character. Anything happening to the game character doesn't really affect the player, as it's just a remote extention. Also, it does strike me as a little odd to have VR games where the player gets raped herself.

3.) What you've suggested- But the 'player' (The narrating DM) puts up options for the PC to follow, and the PC pick-and-chooses the option.

This could be done, if having the general options out of your hand would give it too much of a "mind control" feeling for your taste.

4.) Same as 3.), but with a more direct aspect- The 'player' chooses the option, and the PC interprets it. Possibly to her chagrin! This might be a fun one open to a 'group vote'. -_^

This one I like most, quite possibly combined with option 1. It resembles most what I had in mind.

Two questions:

1) Should the game have options for NPC slots? If so, your character could occasionally run into other characters who have a desire to join the party.

2) Should statistics be worked out? It would give it more of a computer game feeling, but at the same time it might slow combat down a little. A system which requires a minimal amount of combat rounds would be preferable, I assume.

Offline iridum248Topic starter

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 05:25:44 AM »
A combination of 1 and 4 would certainly be fun to try. Hmmm, this seems to be primarily a single-player Action RPG- She might have NPCs occasionally accompanying her, but probably not a real party. I like the idea of her being appalled- "You've got to be *kidding* me!"- at some of the options her player chooses for her, of course- That would be a fun way to run it, and give a direction to the story. After all, if the Renegade option is 'Seduce the Goblin King', she still has to go through with it. The player's power is undeniable.

The statistics could be just for show. The DM already has control over most of the world, after all- And it's kind of taken for granted that she'd be able to overcome most of what the game can throw at her, one way or another.

In fact, this is beginning to remind me of a game called Operator's Side, and a certain Japanese game where the player was the character's conscience- You didn't control him directly, but 'nudged'. A Bioware-style text tree in this RP would be more appropriate...Or just 'general actions' for each response, just like Mass Effect.

I guess Option 2.), the one where the player gets affected directly, could be chalked down to viral tampering, bugs, or supernatural dickery, but it's a rather different kind of game, of course. A genderswap version of No. 2- With your typical 'guy gamer' trapped in the body of his lovely PC- might be funny, though.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:29:04 AM by iridum248 »

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 05:34:03 AM »
Yeah, Mass Effect 2 kind of game with meta thinking PC could be fun :). I hope neither of you minds if I lurk and read such thread to see how it goes (I likely do one post in thread so I can see the updates more easily).

Offline Xillen

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 06:54:59 AM »
A combination of 1 and 4 would certainly be fun to try. I like the idea of her being appalled- "You've got to be *kidding* me!"- at some of the options her player chooses for her, of course- That would be a fun way to run it, and give a direction to the story. After all, if the Renegade option is 'Seduce the Goblin King', she still has to go through with it. The player's power is undeniable.

Yeah, that would surely be an interesting concept, and somewhat refreshing at that.

Hmmm, this seems to be primarily a single-player Action RPG- She might have NPCs occasionally accompanying her, but probably not a real party.

How about one NPC at most, that could help her out on occasion? For example, a "Thief" NPC could help her pass locked doors, a "Healer" NPC could revitalize her hit points after every combat, a "Seer" NPC could identify items for her and perhaps help her find the location of specific items or people, a "Prostitute" NPC could help her bypass a single male enemy by leaving the NPC behind, etc... Of course, the player would decide which NPC to take along, so people willing to play an NPC should have to keep that in mind. If the 'player' decided a different NPC would be useful, the current NPC would be left behind, and depending on the NPC, she would return to the tavern where she could be hired at a later time, or simply disappear.

Just thinking of poor RedEve here ;) Though male NPCs could also be possible.

The statistics could be just for show. The DM already has control over most of the world, after all- And it's kind of taken for granted that she'd be able to overcome most of what the game can throw at her, one way or another.

Sure, we could do that, but on the other end, it would also be fun to see if she could win or lose a combat. Perhaps however, it could be influenced by different options, for example, what weapon and armor she has equipped, what special items she's using, what NPC she's bringing along or what stat upgrades where chosen for her by the player last time she leveled up.

In fact, this is beginning to remind me of a game called Operator's Side, and a certain Japanese game where the player was the character's conscience- You didn't control him directly, but 'nudged'. A Bioware-style text tree in this RP would be more appropriate...Or just 'general actions' for each response, just like Mass Effect.

Never heard of the game. But yeah, the player gets some basic options, like in those japanese erogue novel games, and your character acts upon the chosen option. This does allow the player to send you into problems from time to time. Basically, the votes of the players will determine what kind of direction the game is headed. Will she bravely defeat her foes as she descends to the bottom of the dungeion, will she crawl around in the corners, going from staircase to staircase as she passes unnoticed, or will she spread her legs for every opponent to get permission to continue forward?

I guess Option 2.), the one where the player gets affected directly, could be chalked down to viral tampering, bugs, or supernatural dickery, but it's a rather different kind of game, of course. A genderswap version of No. 2- With your typical 'guy gamer' trapped in the body of his lovely PC- might be funny, though.

It doesn't interest me as much, especially not the gender swap version. Just not my cup of cake, sorry. I think it would be different enough that you could try to persuade it with a different GM.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 07:27:25 AM »
Haha, I'm already playing in a variant of 2.) with RedEve. -_^

Now, I certainly like your ideas- As well as the possibility of stats and all- but I'd prefer to narrow it down to a solo game- Two players, DM and PC, to make it more manageable. The idea of having multiple people provide 'input' into what she should do is fun, though it might remove too much agency from the PC, of course! Thinking about it, 1.) & 4.) combined sounds the most immediately 'gameable' to me, and I'd love, love to try it. Haven't found anyone to run it yet, alas.

Just mentioned 2.) for the sake of completeness. ^_^

Offline Xillen

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 07:54:46 AM »
Now, I certainly like your ideas- As well as the possibility of stats and all- but I'd prefer to narrow it down to a solo game- Two players, DM and PC, to make it more manageable. The idea of having multiple people provide 'input' into what she should do is fun, though it might remove too much agency from the PC, of course! Thinking about it, 1.) & 4.) combined sounds the most immediately 'gameable' to me, and I'd love, love to try it. Haven't found anyone to run it yet, alas.

In my humble opinion, narrowing it down to a solo game, one PC, one GM, turns this game into just another "Heroine fights her way through a dungeon crawl." kind of story, rather than emulating the virtual reality of the inside of a computer game. The inclusion of the 'player' role, which could be a single player, the vote system's optional, is essential, and the NPC inclusion, even when included to a single one, would also give it more of a computer game feeling, as well as opening the story towards other possibilities.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 08:21:51 AM »
Hmmmm. True enough- The vote system would be a fun touch, but I'm not as sure about the NPC one. Who would be playing the NPCs? It might make the RP a little inconsistent- Not to mention most games in general tend to be 'PC-focused', for the sake of brevity. So we won't be left hanging waiting for the NPC's player to post, if he drops off. -_^

I do have a feeling that she'd be spreading her legs a lot if it's up to the voting system, of course. ^_^

Offline RedEve

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 08:27:52 AM »
I do have a feeling that she'd be spreading her legs a lot if it's up to the voting system, of course. ^_^

LOL!

That sort of goes without saying, doesn't it? :p

Offline Xillen

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »
I'm not as sure about the NPC one. Who would be playing the NPCs? It might make the RP a little inconsistent- Not to mention most games in general tend to be 'PC-focused', for the sake of brevity. So we won't be left hanging waiting for the NPC's player to post, if he drops off. -_^

Different NPCs could be controlled by different players. If the player for an NPC goes missing, I could temporarily control it until we got to a point where the NPC could be written out of the game.

I personally do think that the option of an NPC to assist her would be interesting and opens certain plotlines that would otherwise not be possible. I guess we could do without one if you insisted, but it would be a shame.

Heh, well, just gotta make sure the most picked option won't always be available.

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
Hmmm- You're right, but I do think that without NPCs, you'll have a more consistent quality for the RP in general- Not necessarily better, but more consistent, definately. I suppose we could keep that option open, if we vetted the right people...But I still believe that it'd be more straightforward not to.

I certainly like the rest of it, though. -_^

Offline Darwishi

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »
Mercy Rules

Superheroine In Cyber World

Something like either one of these fit the bill?

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 01:56:25 AM »
Ummmm, wow. The first one is a little too violent for my tastes, but the second one has some interesting ideas- The whole 'feedback' thing with the schoolgirl- if it wasn't hampered by budget constraints. Possibly slightly more like the second video. Where do they get those outfits from? It's like something out of a MST 3000 episode. 0_0

Offline Orochimaru

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 02:01:07 AM »
You can pay me no mind whatsoever.

Yet, tastes that extend into common hentais like Taimanin Asagi and it's OVA Makai Kishi Ingrid. Where orks and perverted men and demons alive love to ruin the innonce of a woman and break her fighting spirit to nothing but dust. You have a rare talent for description and imagination. Not to mention tastes. A VR-based rp is...kind of hard without it being too common, but mixing it up is not a bad thought. If one is into experimentation. Then why not something out of the blue? Video games are fun and addicting and Soul Calibur...fun fighting game, is noted for it's well endowed women. That aside and onto the thought. Why not make it a reality of the VR suits electrical pulses that are connected to the nerves do something 'wrong' to the sense of feeling and pleasure centers. As well, somehow the suit is able to 'morph' the body of the wearer into the form they are playing as in the game. The developers and the science team behind it has been using such experiments as a way of their own twisted entertainment? Yet, what happened to all the other 'test subjects'? Large deformed males, perhaps? Ah, but SC is a fighting game...so, for more twisted entertainment, courtesy of Asagi. Why not get to, perfect women to fight eachother...until the crowd can;t take it and gives them a battle of their own swords and feed them so full that...interesting things happen.

Anyways, just something of a thought that fit with the talk.

Offline Arcannyx

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 05:25:40 AM »
Iridium and Red:

Morning (yeah, it's really early here).

I was just wondering if you were both still looking for a possibility of this VR SoulCalibur.  I did see that you were going back and forth with a few other people, but I'll be honest and say that I mostly read the beginning, some of the images (yummy), and then went to the end to see if you had closed the thread.  Anyway, that said, I thought I'd offer my vote to try and 'DM'.

I've always loved SoulCalibur, and some of my own scenes have been alot of 'to the victor goes the screams' sort of roleplays, ever since playing SC3 and 4.  I believe what you were looking for was both some of those, with a player being ported in as one of the SC heroines, as well as perhaps some of the creative 'trial' boards, where other mischief can happen.  As well,  you were considering some more of the one-on-one RPGs, where our heroine could end up lost to the pack of hobgoblins, or the worgen boss fight, or other things of that nature, yes?

I usually try to ask my partners for a lot of what they really enjoy, because I have a wide gamut of likes and dislikes as well, but is that what you were really asking about? With Red possibly being the player 2 controller?  I'm not at all against playing the monstrous varieties, characters like Asteroth... big hulking beasts that can only get 'Scream' out as a dialogue.  I admit I've done less with small goblin like things.. But there was this one time in a WoW scene with a night elf hunter once who got thrown into a pit with some orcs and worgs....

If any of this sounds appealing, or if my other info does perhaps, I'd love to continue discussing with you.  I have a rather varied schedule, but I try to make a post (most of my runs are PM based right now) once or twice a day, first or last thing each morning/night.

Take care, and I look forward to hearing from you.