Tribes: The Forgotten City ((Intrest Check))

Started by Angzyn, February 02, 2011, 08:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angzyn

Setting: A hypothetical near-future in which all adults have been wiped out by a deadly virus, leaving the teens of the world to fend for themselves. The Roleplay's focus is on an unnamed city inhabited by tribes of teenagers (With in site rules) and young adults (19-24).

1) I only want Active Players only!  If you plan on leaving after your third post or don’t ever plan on posting please don’t join.
2) I want a even mix of Males and Females.
3) I want a even mix of people starting in each tribe
4) Expect EX stuff…..
5) I want at less six to ten lines per post….no less.
6) I want good characters. Please don’t half ass them.
7) I am asking for a writing sample.

Story

In 3 weeks, almost a month after the outbreak of an assumed to be viral disease with necromantic properties the United States, like most of the world, has become a nearly razed wasteland. The government did its best to try and close monitored ties by not allowing video or audio reports of what was happening but that did not last long. Cities being sealed off trying to cut off the disease but no amount of razorwire, landmines and trenches seemed to stop it. Now those that are left alive with in the cities are still trapped inside, even after fours years sense the outbreak started. Forming tribes in hope of a future in a long forgotten city.

~City Center:
Forum: Coming Soon

~The Center of the city is the land just outside the "Downtown" area, still ruled by the undead. A half mile of razorwire, landmines, trenches, and abandoned military equipment borders the radius of all sides of it....the remands of what the military was doing to try and stop the outbreak from spreading and failed. Survivors in the Center City dwindle as once safehouses, such as police stations and the military base fall to the onslaught of the increasing undead horde that refuses to lay down and die. Most of the buildings in the cities are razed, still smoldering from the riots that broke out in the early days of the infection. Cars lie deserted in the streets, their batteries dead from being left turned on. Blood paints the walls and roads, both dried and fresh, both from the alive and undead.

~DownTown

[Photo coming soon]

Downtown is ruled by the Tribes that call it home. Why the undead have not taking it over is anyone's guess, but one thing is for sure: There is more to fear here then the hordes of undead just out of their reach. Here the last remaining living humans fight for power, territory, food and shelter.

The Eagles  

The Eagles are what remain of the military power that once tried to stop the outbreak. Made of mostly males this tribe are skilled in survival and there "Floating Fortress" is something most tribes fear. Made from the remains of cities largest overpass the only way up and down is by rope ladders, taking the idea from the Arizona Native American Tribes. RVs, military vehicles and other equipment call the top of the overpass home. Having gotten there before the leaders of the tribe blew the on/off ramps.

Alliances: The Ladies of the Moon
Enemies: The Techno Kids

Skills: Survival, weapons, military training

Ages: 19-24

Males: 90%
Females: 10%

Leaders:
-CO
-XO

Members:
Male One:
Male Two:
Male Three:
Female One:

Ladies of the Moon

The Ladies of the Moon is made of almost all females. Lead by there High Priestess and Oracle. They strongly believe in the power of the moon and natural, on of the few tribes to turn back to the ways of ancient European and Native American Tribes. They almost seem elven in the ways they act and do things. There home was once the largest park in the down town area located under "The Eagles" overpass. Because of this they often trade food and "Other Things" for security and called "The Eagles" Soldiers of the Moon. 

Alliances: The Eagles
Enemies: The Raiders

Skills: Farming, Herbalist, Crafts

Ages: 16-25

Males: 10%
Females: 90%

Leaders:
-High Priestess
-Oracle: Angzyn

Members:
Female One:
Female Two:
Female Three:
Male One:

Raiders

Raiders are one of the most feared of the tribes. The have one of the largest territories and have been know to attack other tribes with out warning or reason. Their only Alliance is with the "Techno Kids" and that's only on a good day. They pillage, plunder, murder, kidnap or otherwise ruin the day of anyone unfortunate enough to not be one of them.

Alliances: The Techno Kids
Enemies: The Ladies of the Moon

Skills: Fighting, Trading, Scavenging.

Males: 50%
Females: 50%

Leaders:
-Alpha Male:
-Alpha Female:

Members:
Female One:
Male: One
Female Two:
Male Two:

The Techno Kids

Power, Running Water....you name it these guys have it. The smart kids that everyone use to fuck with in school is now one of the most powerful tribes out there. Using there smarts they turned the down town collage and hotel into there own little play ground. Not many tribes dare to mess with them though the Raiders do trade with them. After all the TKs don't like doing the dirty work when they need something or the other. 

Alliances: The Raiders
Enemies: The Eagles

Skills: Technology, Medical, Tools

Males: 50%
Females: 50%

Leaders:
-President:
-Vice President:

Members:
Female One:
Male: One
Female Two:
Male Two:
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

TheHangedOne

Looks like a lot of fun; I'm always up for a good zombie game.  I would be interested in playing a male Techno Kid.  Not a leader.   I'll be eagerly looking forward to seeing a character sheet. As for a writing sample, would you like that posted here, or PM'd to you?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Black Orchid

This does sound nice, and I would like to join if it is freeform. Also, for an add to the story, maybe the virus should be a little deeper into the world, so that they could loose some of their... common sense; can't remember that T.V series, but maybe it happened when the oldest age (of young adults) were ten (or something), and now they're all older, that way their instincts are more towards the new world.

It doesn't have to be this way, your plot is good and fine. I would like to be a Raiders female, possibly alpha, but I can pass that to someone who would crave to be that more, I'm open.
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

MarcothTalos

Wow wow, well colored me interested. I would enjoy being one of the lucky Ladies of the Moon males with a character i think will suit this game...
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos