News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Thundercats are loose! (And back!)

Started by Wolfy, January 26, 2011, 04:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30511

So yeah, apparently everyone's favorite Cartoon from the 80's (90's?) is coming back as a new anime, most likely coming to either Cartoon Network (Most likely, as they did show the original) or Nick.

Anyway....Anyone else slightly excited that Thundercats is finally coming back? :D Though I wonder if it will live up to the original...

Oniya

Funny, I was just having a conversation about Thundercats with the other adults here yesterday.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Diabolus Lupus

AtlasEros

I heard about this, could be very interesting.  I downloaded some of the old eps to show my son and they looked pretty dated.  As I watched a lot of cartoons these days with my son, I'm looking forward to this.
O/O

Wolfy

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on January 26, 2011, 11:58:15 AM
Snarf!

:/ I don't see Snarf in the Promotional Stuff...sooo...who knows..he might not be in..or he could just play a minor role...I mean he was Lion-O's nanny, basically, in the original.

Kunoichi

He could wind up being less annoying...

Samael

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 28, 2011, 11:27:52 PM
He could wind up being less annoying...

He could be dead, rolled over by a landing spaceship. I'm sure everyone will mourn him for about 5.4 seconds before we move on, since the show will be so much better now.

That said, I like the designs. They seem modernized versions of the old looks. Much much better.
I could see myself checking out a few episodes, just to see how good the show may be. If it's in any way like the 2003 He-Man show it'll be pretty entertaining.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Oniya

Quote from: Samael on January 28, 2011, 11:39:29 PM
He could be dead, rolled over by a landing spaceship. I'm sure everyone will mourn him for about 5.4 seconds before we move on, since the show will be so much better now.

Not likely, since this is supposed to occur before they went to Third Earth.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Wolfy

Only the Twins, Wily Kit and Wily Kat, are the only ones not shown..so for now, it seems that Snarf isn't with them, though there's always the possibility of him joining later on.

Also, according to people that have seen them, the twins look radically different from what they originally were, and Mumm-Ra looks about the same.

Kunoichi

Ah, good, the twins are still around.  I'd been a bit worried that they were cut out completely, since the pictures shown thus far haven't had them in them.

As for Mumm-Ra looking about the same, looking over his original character design, I'd have to say that that's probably a good thing.  Mumm-Ra's original design is awesome. ^^

Wolfy

Well, the producers (I think it was the producers) said that old fans of the show are going to love it, so we'll see....

It also releases sometime this year. :D

Which is perfect....Thundercats gets a reboot right before the end of the world. Yay! :D

Jag

Honestly, I'm not so sure I like the more anime-looking-style...but if the show is good, then I can over look that. Shows don't have to look nice for them to be good.

I'm more looking forward to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot that is supposed to be coming out within the next year or two (a new movie too!).

Kunoichi

Okay, so after doing some research, I recently found out that Snarf is still going to be in the show.

However, he's not going to talk. ^^

Edit: And here's a picture of his new design.

Oniya

New Snarf actually looks kinda cute...

Geeklet

Dangit, Japan. Why did you have to get anime all over my Thundercats? sadface

Jag

Quote from: Geeklet on February 01, 2011, 06:05:20 PM
Dangit, Japan. Why did you have to get anime all over my Thundercats? sadface

+1

Though Snarf does look cute and if he's not speaking then he might not be as annoying.

Wolfy

The Thundertank looks fricken awesome. O_o

Xenolord

I think.... I think my heart stopped for a second there.

If this is real *Not sayin' it's not, but a guy's gotta be cautious*, then I think I may find myself being transported back to a time when television didn't suck, and it wasn't all "Dancing with the Stars", "American Idol", "Big Brother" or any other quote unquote Reality Television BS.

DudelRok

While I'm always weary about taking an old IP and "revamping it" the end result can go either way... and getting new fans of the series never hurts.

Though the two things I can say are.

1) Snarf looks like a Pokemon. XD

&

2) Panthro looks a lot less awesome. He kind of looks like a J. R. Tolkien troll or a bear, rather than a panther, as the implication is.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Wolfy

Quote from: XenoLord on February 02, 2011, 12:55:52 AM
I think.... I think my heart stopped for a second there.

If this is real *Not sayin' it's not, but a guy's gotta be cautious*, then I think I may find myself being transported back to a time when television didn't suck, and it wasn't all "Dancing with the Stars", "American Idol", "Big Brother" or any other quote unquote Reality Television BS.

Oh, it's very real. The show will be premiering on Cartoon Network this year.

Kunoichi

So, during Cartoon Network's little 'Hall of Game' awards show thingy last night, they showed a short little teaser trailer...

Cartoon Network Trailer For New Thundercats

Looks epic, no?

Edit: *replaces with better-quality video*

Wolfy

Kunoichi

Indeed. ^^ Also, Wilykit and Wilykat make a brief appearance at 0:51.

They look adorable! ;D

Jag

I won't say it's 'epic' till I've seen the final product, but has potential.