Midnight Highway - Jumangi-style game (f looking for m)

Started by TanaSilver, January 24, 2011, 03:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TanaSilver

I'm looking to start a horror-themed game with a male partner, following a format similar to the Jumangi/Zathura movies: the characters start a game that makes real things happen, and the game needs to be completed to survive.

The setting is a lonely highway around midnight, the characters are driving through the middle of nowhere. Who the characters are, and why they are together, can be discussed.

This is a moderated game, system-light, not freeform. The system is a generic game system that will largely be maintained behind the scenes. I will have a list of random events that will be rolled from whenever a character takes a turn. Before the game, you can add to the list if you wish; we can discuss this.

I expect the game to be violent, with extreme sexual situations. This will be a much darker version of the genre, hence the horror overtone. I expect the game will have creepiness factor to it as well. This will be placed in the Extreme section. My expectation is that survival for the characters will be tough, so you may not live to see the end of the game.

If you are interested, please do not respond to this thread but PM me instead. I'm only looking for one player, so please don't be offended if I go with someone else.

Thanks!
O/O

tonybruno40

It sounds like an interesting experience.  I'm new and never played a rule based game.
If you don't find someone more experienced and someone who would make it more enjoyable because
he wouldn't be asking dumb questions or getting stuck, then keep me in mind.

I would like to try.

T