You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 07, 2020, 03:53:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Returning to Yggdrasil, a Shamanic Witch's Path  (Read 738 times)

Offline CeridwenTopic starter

• The Magick flowing through my veins, is a gift that my Ancestors paid for with their blood, their pain, and their lives.
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • Be afraid, and do it anyway.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Returning to Yggdrasil, a Shamanic Witch's Path
« on: March 02, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »
Introduction
Hello! Blessed meet, my name is Ceridwen, and for the past ten years I've practiced witchcraft.
This blog is going to cover a variety of subjects like crystals, herbalism, aromatherapy, animal spirituality, angel numbers, divination, fairies, and more!

My Brief History
  • I was born to, and raised by Christian parents, going on to be "reborn" or "born-again" at 17.
    (Shortly after I was attacked by a demon, and sadly this is very common. That little shit remained with me until 2019, when I had a deity (Baphomet) intervene! Stay safe everyone! Remember: Things that want to do you harm vibrate low, and your happiness is a high vibration, which will drive them away!)
  • I've always wanted to be a witch, and not the sort you see on television programs like "Buffy" or "Charmed".
  • My father is also gifted, having dreamed about one of his own past lives at age 17.
    (In my dream, I inadvertently ran off of a cliff, hit the ground, exhaled my last breath, along with my soul, and rose to the sky. In early summer 2019, I was on youtube, and found the cold-case that matches the pieces I was given through the years.)
  • I was given my first tarot deck at age 12, by my mother, after I begged her for two weeks!
  • From ages 7 - 12 I collected inconspicuous harmless lumps of rock, and when later opened were discovered to be quartz.
  • As soon as I turned 18, I started buying books on magick, joined forums (not this one), and openly identifying as a witch.
    (Which has led a lot of people to mock me both in front of, and behind my back.)
  • My mental health collapsed when I was 26, and for a solid year and a half we couldn't figure out why.
    (I had past-life issues to work through, and once they were, the dates I felt weakest on were released!)
  • In early 2019 we attended a psychic fair at a spiritualist church (*cough*cult*cough*) and was pretty much called out by the clairvoyants, one going so far as to confirm that I am Claircognizant (knowing things beyond rhyme or reason), which really jump started my journey.
  • In October 2019 we (my husband, and I) visited the "Witches" Memorial in Salem, Massachusetts, which I had never been to before. We accidentally started it backwards, since he let me lead the way, and I inadvertently b-lined it for Giles Corey, passing Mary Easty, and his wife Martha after. At the time, I didn't know what was going on, but I almost collapsed at the memorial, feeling a visceral sadness that came on so suddenly it nearly winded me. (omg so dramatic)
    (According to Wikipedia, Marty Easty was a good woman whose goodbye to her family, on the gallows brought everyone to tears, which makes me cry even thinking about it still. A nearly 300 year old curse was reported to have broken, in Salem, the same year I was born. Very coincidental!)

Disclaimer: I'm not here to argue theology, religion, or personal beliefs. I am just being encouraged by my guides, and husband to share my experiences, and knowledge with the world, and E seems like the safest place to start! I will not intentionally disrespect any religion, but sometimes my phrasing sucks.
If you feel yourself not agreeing with me at any given point in time, please remember these are my personal experiences, and you don't have to agree with them, though it is still how I processed them.
Magick is not the practice of levitation or any hollywood cinematic magic, it is (in my opinion, and experience) the use of energy, and intention to achieve a desired outcome. EXAMPLE: I've been horrendously depressed since elementary school, and wanting to heal the oceans of hurt that led to this. The aforementioned is my intention, and the energy paid for this outcome is me poring over books, meditating with crystals, and working with somatic overrides to ease PTSD triggers. By no means is this an excuse to not seek professional help, if anything this is something meant to be used in conjunction of professional help.

[This is may be subject to heavy editing at times]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:25:55 PM by Ceridwen »

• The Magick flowing through my veins, is a gift that my Ancestors paid for with their blood, their pain, and their lives.
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
Re: Returning to Yggdrasil, a Shamanic Witch's Path (under construction)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 07:06:21 PM »
Sources

Angel Numbers
  • Angel Numbers by Kyle Gray
  • Angel Numbers by Doreen Virtue, Ph.D., & Lynette Brown

Runes
  • The Book of Runes by Ralph Blum
  • Runic Book of Days by S. Kelly Harrell
  • Runes for Beginners by Lisa Chamberlain

Norse Magick, & History
  • Norse Magic by DJ Conway
  • Vikings by Stephan Weaver

Animal Symbolism, & Magick
  • Animal Spirit Guides by Steven D. Farmer
  • Power Animals: How to Connect with Your Animal Spirit Guide by Steven D. Farmer

[More coming soon!]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:18:35 PM by Ceridwen »

• Champion
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
Re: Returning to Yggdrasil, a Shamanic Witch's Path (under construction)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 07:25:33 PM »
Glossary & Quick guide
[Coming soon!]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:36:57 PM by Ceridwen »

• Champion
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
Re: Returning to Yggdrasil, a Shamanic Witch's Path
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »
The (somewhat) beginning of my journey

It was dark, I couldn’t see, but I knew I was being chased, and needed to keep moving. Certain death was behind me. My lungs ache, and my body is begging for a break, but I needed to keep going. Panic is thick on my tongue, chasing all rational thought from me, and propelling me forward, until the ground isn’t there anymore. It happened so suddenly, it takes me until I’ve hit the ground to realize the true weight of the situation. My essence is exhaled with my last breath, and I rise into the sky.

When I woke after that dream, I was shaking, sweating, crying, and stunned. ‘What the actual fuck WAS that?!’ Was my internal dialogue. Then I tried to ask my mom, and in her infinite wisdom, informed me that “everyone dies in their dreams sometimes.” But when I asked my dad, he validated my experience by sharing his own, which was surprisingly similar to mine. Somehow, he knew it was a memory fragment, I on the other hand, have been plagued by vivid nightmares for several years by this point, didn’t. Since I was 17 at that moment, life moved on pretty quickly, though every few years the dreams would kick up, and remind me I have work to do, but I digress. The year after the dream, I did convert to paganism, which helped me to meet my animal spirit guides, and dip my toes into the past life subject.

Fast forward to me at age 28, sitting in my sacred space at 3am, unable to sleep, and on YouTube watching videos about recently solved cold cases, which the specific case I’m connected to, ended up being featured in. At this point, I had been working for about three months on blindly healing deep wounds, and facing my shadow-side on an almost daily basis. So with past life matters, things like dates tend to coincide, even without you knowing it.

Upon a deep dive into the subject, I noticed that when the victim was identified, and buried I was 17. That was weird, even stranger is when their bones were found, and transported to the state I was living in, we moved to a different one less than a year later! That was also the year I remember first having vivid nightmares about things children shouldn’t be shown. Eventually these dreams would grow in frequency through the years, even becoming so horrific that I’d try to go a day without sleep every so often. During one instance, my husband asked me why I was doing this, had convinced me to go to bed, and as I was laying down I remembered every second of the now three day old dream, and started to cry. I described everything to him as he sat in silent horror. We thought medication could be an answer for me after that- it wasn’t. Sometimes it isn’t always a mental illness wreaking havoc.

Now that I’m nearing the first anniversary of this connection, I’m also reminded to reflect. Solving this piece of my personal puzzle has bettered my generalized mental health, which as mentioned previously, was crumbling. In the time between when the memory came forward, to when I finally solved it, I moved out, got married, moved several times, gained and lost so many friends, and learned so much. Life is the polar opposite of what it was then, and I feel almost compelled to cry into the void that “don’t give up, it really does get better! You’ve just gotta fight tooth, nail, and bone for it.. it’s hard and you’ll want to give up, but goddammit you’re so worth the effort!

After a decade of struggling, of questioning, of learning, and healing, I’m proud to say that I’m finally going back to my Ancestral roots, and Returning to Yggdrasil.