You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 10:46:21 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The PM system  (Read 533 times)

Offline RolandDragoonTopic starter

The PM system
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »
I've been talking to some people, or trying to ha ha, in the PMs and sometimes it takes them some time to reply to me, but because of all the other things going on in life and here, I can't always remember what the subject is. Is there a way to keep a long list of things that have been said in the PM system? For both parties?

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The PM system
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »
If you both click Reply or Quote throughout, your conversation is threaded and all of your messages stay in that thread.  You both need to click Reply or Quote for that to work.

You could also create a label for the other member and move all PMs into that label for that person.  Labels on our site function in the same way as folders on some others.  I think there may also be a way for replies from that person to go directly to that label but I'm not sure how you would be notified of that in the Inbox.

Offline Will

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:44:02 PM »
You could enable the option to show PMs as a conversation, so that it shows your PMs in a sort of thread-like fashion.  Maybe that would help?

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:18 PM »
Do you need to use the Reply or Quote options with that or do all PMs from one person go into the same thread?  I'm not sure how that works.

Offline Lilias

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:17:00 AM »
In my experience, if the thread has a custom subject, all subsequent messages go automatically on it. If it's a 'no subject' thread, the system starts a new one when the date changes.

Offline Dim Hon

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The Aforementioned Darkness
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
To get what Will said, follow these instructions;

My Messages> Change Settings (last option on the leftside of the screen)> Display Personal Messages: dropdown option 'Display As Conversation'

I don't think it effects the older messages, but all the new ones that come in will stack neatly.

Offline Swordsman18

• Enemy of the Darkness, Helper of the Weak and the Wounded
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Location: This place out west, where there are dreamboats and girls
  • My only dream is to fight and die for those I love
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 12:37:03 AM »
I switched mine a few days ago and it sorted all of my PMs into conversations. So it does work retroactively.