Interest Check: Medieval Fantasy type RP

Started by Nooblet, January 20, 2011, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nooblet

I figure we can do a little 'campaign' around Whiterock for the time being, get a feel for the characters and what not. I would say in this particulair battle the Kilictin outnumbers the Glaemrith.

As for farther storyline, I'll kinda keep it abit light for now, let it develop mostly from the RPing if thats Ok.
Torture and kidnapping...hmm..I think those would be alright to a very small degree. I'm not sure how much one could go into those before we'd have to move from the Light category to somehting like the BDSM or NC categories.
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

lenka

True at that....thanks for the info and I will work with a smaller number, do we know how many troops Kilictin has then?

Can we all add a little something about 'Whiterock' or do you want to set up the scope of the place?
and if so can I bring a couple of inspirational picy's in?

Nooblet

I think somewhere between 8 to 12 thousand troops for kilictin.
I enjoy having people put in their own contributions so go ahead and add what you'd like :)
You can never be to young to die, but you can be to old to live. Might as well enjoy life while you can.

nightender

Name: Ketsueiki Kaku ("The Divider")
Race: Human
Appearance: Dark brown hair falling halfway down his neck.  Clean shaven.  Brown eyes.  Lean build, but quite strong.  Usually wears a long coat with a Kilictin insignia over his heart.  Wears a rapier at his side, ready to fight at a moment's notice.
Bio: As a teenager, Kaku accidentally slighted a gentleman at a party and was challenged to a duel.  Defending his honor, he accidentally killed the man he was fighting, rather than simply wounding him.  With his loose tongue, Kaku was challenged again, as many felt his glib comments and snide remarks as insults, even if they weren't intended as much.  After a while, challengers came to confront him, thinking they could build their own legends.  When Kaku accepted the first of these challenges, he managed to, according to legend, slice the arms from the man's shoulders.  From then on, Kaku was regarded as The Divider, since some tales said he could divide a man's torso from his body.

Will this work for my Kilictin character?

Nooblet

Sounds good to me. Feel free to hop in anytime.

lenka

nightender

Thanks.  I'll try to jump in once I get off work.

Ironwolf85

another volley from the bombard, the necromancers showed off their presence, and the gun crews targeted them with flaming oil casks. not magical, but can't be dismissed by mages, and too heavy for all but the best to sweep aside.
if you fireball them, they explode and splash oil everywhere, not so pleasent when the momentum of the cask and the resulting spray rains towards the caster.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

nightender

Ok, I feel a bit lost in everything that's going on.  Part of it is that I don't post nearly as fast as most people, though I try to catch up.  Part of it is, I'm not sure what I need to do in this battle/plot.  It just seems like everyone's doing their own thing.

If I'm wrong PLEASE correct me.  I really do want to play, I just need something to play off of.

Nooblet

Sorry, guess we kinda did leave ya behind.
Basically at the moment The Glaemrith troops are pulling back to Whiterock, Kilictin just took a hit from a giant artillery blast, and Vishod is trying to sabatage Whiterock for the remaining Kilictin when they begin to siege Whiterock.

nightender

What do I need to have my duelist do then? (Or try to do?)  Where can I help out?

Nooblet

Well, I would suggest him trying to perhaps try to rally the Kilictin and restore order, along with the NPC that Cooper made.

lenka

Quote from: nightender on January 25, 2011, 11:31:42 PM
Ok, I feel a bit lost in everything that's going on.  Part of it is that I don't post nearly as fast as most people, though I try to catch up.  Part of it is, I'm not sure what I need to do in this battle/plot.  It just seems like everyone's doing their own thing.

If I'm wrong PLEASE correct me.  I really do want to play, I just need something to play off of.

it seems we are all doing our own thing at first...just getting a layout of the grounds and people, I feel a bit lost myself at times.*shrugs*

Ironwolf85

I'm unconsious with shrapnel in my torso, and down in the dungeon with the rest of the wounded! WOOOT
so what's going on?
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

lenka

*grins* Thought you might know....Nooblet?

Cooper5362

Vishod will warm up the dungeon when he gets done reforming.  Just give it a little while.  ;)
Cooper
A/As

Nooblet

I think, if people are still interested, that we need someone like...well..either NIght could post probably. Havnt heard from either of em on the RP in a bit :P

LEHayes

I'd like to play a character too :-)

I see a wizard warrior, destined to fight the demons that power the necromancers.  The very forces that drove Glaemrith's Mage's Guild to expel the necromancers from their ranks.

lenka

Quote from: LEHayes on February 05, 2011, 01:08:12 PM
I'd like to play a character too :-)

I see a wizard warrior, destined to fight the demons that power the necromancers.  The very forces that drove Glaemrith's Mage's Guild to expel the necromancers from their ranks.

*waves and smiles*
Would be interesting and might move the RP forward...check with Nooblet I guess. *shrugs*

Nooblet

Sounds fine to me. Like Lenka said, might help move the RP forward ;D

Ironwolf85

Nooblet

Thats fine as well, whatever oyu wana do there.
I was personally thinking of editing my post, I was in a rush when I wrote it, but meh :-/

lenka

Quote from: Nooblet on February 06, 2011, 01:27:05 AM
I was personally thinking of editing my post, I was in a rush when I wrote it, but meh :-/

...getting a bit over it hey Nooblet!?  ;)

We definitely need something to happen as it is fizzling a bit. :(

Nooblet

:P

Well, I think the problem is possibly that I hadnt really..well..GMed o.o
I kinda just let it go as the players would(Annoying habit from meh first RP 'family' that I really need to get out of :P)

DigitLninja

*raises hand* I would like to participate but I was wondering how you would feel about having a Glaemrith character under a vow of silence? Sword user, perhaps a 'weapons mage'.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*