You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:02:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 54167 times)

Online Callie Del Noire

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #750 on: February 12, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »
I got admit that I liked the scene with the mudcrabs.

Offline InkiduTopic starter

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #751 on: February 13, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »
Um. If you have to escape, you've already been imprisoned.

You're supposed to never be imprisoned by not getting caught.

Tch, sloppy criminals, making the rest of us look bad.
You can't be a world-famous escape artist if you can't break out of a jail properly. I'm only caught because I want to be caught.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #752 on: February 13, 2012, 03:08:04 PM »
That's what they all say...

;D

Offline Shjade

« Reply #753 on: February 13, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »
You can't be a world-famous escape artist if you can't break out of a jail properly. I'm only caught because I want to be caught.
Protip: world-famous escape artists meticulously pre-plan their stunts BEFORE jumping into them. This is so they can find out things like "there's no way to escape" before they put themselves in the position of needing to escape. :3

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #754 on: February 13, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
Protip: world-famous escape artists meticulously pre-plan their stunts BEFORE jumping into them. This is so they can find out things like "there's no way to escape" before they put themselves in the position of needing to escape. :3

Protip:  That is real life, not a glitched  game.

Offline Mister Grimm

« Reply #755 on: February 13, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »
I used to be a world-famous escape artists, but then I took an arrow to the need during one of my routines.

Okay, that was horrible. xD;

Anyways, I disliked how broken pickpoketing was to level up. >:
But I liked how fun it was to go around town like a badass and stealing everyone's weapons and clothing off their own backs.

Offline Mister Grimm

« Reply #756 on: February 13, 2012, 06:06:42 PM »
knee*

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
I always get caught pick pocketing.

Offline Sabby

« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
Typical. Install a bajillion amateur made mods, never a compatibility issue whatsoever. Bethesda releases their own texture pack? GAME FUCKING IMPLODES.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »
You...  Expected otherwise, Sabby?

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #760 on: February 13, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
How can you call yourself the world's best escape artist if you can't do it on the fly? I'm sorry I was stealing that diamond Mr. Whitrun Guard Eighty Four, but could you do me a solid?

Could you let me duck down the back alley put on the adrenaline burst, run around a few times to pull the guards away from the main gate, shoot out the main gate, jack the nearest horse and ride off to Solitude where I can begin my spree of crime once more just once to see if I got it right?

Sure.

Kthankbai!

Offline TheHappyMoonkin

« Reply #761 on: February 14, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »
Just started playing the game tonight  ;D

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #762 on: February 14, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
Aww, you have a Meiles and Yari icon!

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #763 on: February 14, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »
Never play a mage game and a straight up warrior game, and then go play a thief game. I've got such a bad case of play-style burn I'm getting killed by mud crabs. To be fair, I was nearly dead when I stepped on it.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #764 on: February 14, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
Never play a mage game and a straight up warrior game, and then go play a thief game. I've got such a bad case of play-style burn I'm getting killed by mud crabs. To be fair, I was nearly dead when I stepped on it.

Unless your playing your warrior AS a Mage/Thief.  I basically double cast healing, left it on the walked off for an hour to level up my light armor.  Having a 90+ one hand makes for NICE backs tabs with invis to help your steath skill ups. I've backstabbed giants (but their damn tattletail mammoths spot me before I can got them. )

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #765 on: February 14, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »
Unless your playing your warrior AS a Mage/Thief.  I basically double cast healing, left it on the walked off for an hour to level up my light armor.  Having a 90+ one hand makes for NICE backs tabs with invis to help your steath skill ups. I've backstabbed giants (but their damn tattletail mammoths spot me before I can got them. )
I just wanted to play a straight sneaky guy for once.

My list of games is as such:

Imperial ranger (bow, sneak, light armor, one-handed, block, and illusion) more or less. Basically, played him like Aragorn if he took tips from Legolas.
Breton mage (I traded illusion for speech, works actually)
Nord Juggernaut (Basically everything warrior with a focus on two handed and the elemental furry shout) when you get level three and sweep they fall like flies.
Redguard thief (traded the 100 alchemy for 50 of smithing and other skills)

My next game is going to be a my take on a a spell-sword or witch hunter.

Alteration, restoration, conjuration, one hand, block, light armor (might go unarmored and use enchanting in place of for bonuses on clothing and jewelery) sneak and illusion. Probably a high elf, dark elf, or maybe an animal race. I don't typically play them though.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2012, 02:18:19 AM »
Started a new character to try out sword + shield combat (with archery as necessary, mostly for dragons and some mages that just won't stay in melee range).

This is made more challenging by not wearing armor.

Aww yeah, you go, Caska.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:47:51 AM by Shjade »

Offline Oneiros

« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
My first character was meant to be a Nord juggernaut, but I ended up shooting things with arrows most of the time. Around level 42 I realized "Wait, I'm doing this wrong!" and started over with a wood elf. I'm weird like that.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #768 on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
I got to admit.. the Nord Juggernaught (with me it was sword & board) is a fun approach.

Of course now that I got like 300+ health and 90 1-hand I'm having fun sneaking up on things and shanking them. With the right enchants.. Destruction and Illusions cost me 0 mana.. so I'm having fun being a sneaky (but destructive) mage.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #769 on: February 15, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »
I play a  conjur/illusion thief....  It is fun, no need to carry a weapon.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #770 on: February 15, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »
Gimme heavy Armour, gimme a two hander, and I shall be unto a reaper on mine foes!

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #771 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
I play a  conjur/illusion thief....  It is fun, no need to carry a weapon.

agreed. I did that too. Two whole instances. bound swords and bows are LOTS of fun. Got some awesome stealth shanks.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #772 on: February 15, 2012, 05:48:54 PM »
Started my witch hunter game. Picked dark elf. I never knew those conjured weapons were so cool! When I get silent spellcasting it's on! Stealth dagger from nowhere!

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #773 on: February 15, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »
agreed. I did that too. Two whole instances. bound swords and bows are LOTS of fun. Got some awesome stealth shanks.

Along with illusions cost reduced by 100%

Offline Shjade

« Reply #774 on: February 15, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »
Started my witch hunter game. Picked dark elf. I never knew those conjured weapons were so cool! When I get silent spellcasting it's on! Stealth dagger from nowhere!
Except there's no Bound Dagger spell. Sword, battleaxe, bow.