The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

OK, I got my fist two Daedric hearts.  Now I have no idea how to craft them...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cold Heritage

I dunno if any alchemy recipes call for them, but you can make daedric weapons and armour with them if you get the smithing perk.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chris Brady

Will have to work on that.  And can you get more Daedric Hearts?  Kinda hard to make sets of armour without them, I'd assume.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Anjasa

You can buy them from some alchemy vendors and Enthir in the Mage's Guild.

There are some around in the world as well, as they're rather pricey. I think I pay 750 gold for mine and my speechcraft is high.

Tsenta

Max speech with no perks, I pay roughly 500 gold each.  Daedra hearts are also looted from dead daedra, you run into some in certain quests (such as Azura's star) but they're very uncommon.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Shjade

Only takes one heart per item, so if you wear heavy armor and want the full set you'll need between 5 and 7 hearts (5 for just armor and a 2h weapon, 7 for armor, bow and either dual weapons or weapon + shield). Simplest way to get 4 for just the armor is to do the Azura's Star quest and turn it in to the elf in town (not return it to Azura's shrine), which nets you 3 hearts from the daedra inside the star, then steal the daedric heart from Kodlak's quarters in Jorrvaskr (Companion hall in Whiterun). After that you can either buy the rest from Enthir at the college of Winterhold or from orc alchemists in the orc strongholds once you're made blood-kin, or from doing the Mehrunes' Razor quest and choosing to kill Mehrunes' follower to take the razor for yourself (which prompts a battle with 2 dremora, then 2 more dremora inside Mehrunes' shrine, for a total of 4 hearts).
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Slywyn

Quote from: Shjade on December 19, 2011, 08:25:58 PM
Only takes one heart per item, so if you wear heavy armor and want the full set you'll need between 5 and 7 hearts (5 for just armor and a 2h weapon, 7 for armor, bow and either dual weapons or weapon + shield). Simplest way to get 4 for just the armor is to do the Azura's Star quest and turn it in to the elf in town (not return it to Azura's shrine), which nets you 3 hearts from the daedra inside the star, then steal the daedric heart from Kodlak's quarters in Jorrvaskr (Companion hall in Whiterun). After that you can either buy the rest from Enthir at the college of Winterhold or from orc alchemists in the orc strongholds once you're made blood-kin, or from doing the Mehrunes' Razor quest and choosing to kill Mehrunes' follower to take the razor for yourself (which prompts a battle with 2 dremora, then 2 more dremora inside Mehrunes' shrine, for a total of 4 hearts).

Those Dremora actually continuously respawn, so it's a free four hearts forever.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Shjade

Do they? Nice. I hadn't revisited the shrine since having emptied it out.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

I think they respawn every in game week.

Xanatos

For those with computers and are inclined to mod, here is an amazing mod. FUS RO DAH with your own voice.

Skyrim Mod - Thu'uMic v0.1.1 Demonstration Dragon Fight - Use SHOUTS with your MIC!

Mod details/FAQ/download is in vid description.

Callie Del Noire

Sabby

Wait... there's a mod that let's you Shout... by shouting? Awww hell. I been doing that anyway.

Sabby

Just tried to get it... Installation guide is a mile long wall of text that want's me to install three different things at once, test all of them extensively and then it expects me to buy them after 30 days. And here's the kicker... these programs do what the Mod is supposed to. They're just addons, but your fucked without them. No, I can't just install the Mod and use it, I have to Mod the Mod with ITSELF.

This is easier then hotkeys how?

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Sabby

Now I want a Lil Jon version. YEAH!

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 09, 2012, 02:41:02 PM
"SKYRIM" parody animation with toon boom

wow.. Deja Vu
I'm sure everyone has been uber-launched by a giant before, but I think I might be the only one who survived the process. I was living by a sliver of health and I was somewhere in Skyrim's upper troposphere. My words were, "Gosh, it sure is pretty up here, too bad I'm going to die when I land."

I did, I actually hit water, but it wasn't deep enough so I smashed through it to the shallow ground beneath.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on January 09, 2012, 05:18:31 PM
I'm sure everyone has been uber-launched by a giant before, but I think I might be the only one who survived the process. I was living by a sliver of health and I was somewhere in Skyrim's upper troposphere. My words were, "Gosh, it sure is pretty up here, too bad I'm going to die when I land."

I did, I actually hit water, but it wasn't deep enough so I smashed through it to the shallow ground beneath.

That's okay. I got my first 2 shot kill off one last night. Two stealth hits in the ear.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on January 09, 2012, 05:18:31 PM

Really? I thought bodies only ragdolled like that when they were dead or shout-thrown. Odd.

I don't think I've ever been uber-launched. D: When I was killed in a giant-mammoth raid attempt, it was by the mammoths. Hasn't happened since then; too easy to kite giants and mammoths forever over rocks without them reaching you.
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on January 09, 2012, 06:31:16 PM
Really? I thought bodies only ragdolled like that when they were dead or shout-thrown. Odd.

I don't think I've ever been uber-launched. D: When I was killed in a giant-mammoth raid attempt, it was by the mammoths. Hasn't happened since then; too easy to kite giants and mammoths forever over rocks without them reaching you.
That's what I thought, too. I can't seem to replicate the results, so I'm chalking it up to a bug. Maybe the act of getting hit and the rare occurrence of being knocked down, combined with some wonky code did me in.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

What follows is a completely unembellished account of my completely insane encounter just now.

So, I'm striding up this staircase, a dozen Draugh draped limply over the steps, feeling pretty damned good. I got my sword and shield, just waded through half an undead army, effortlessly blocking attacks, following up with counters, and generally shrugging off anything that came my way like I was some kind of slow moving tsunami.

And as I mount the final step, I pause... the fuck is that thing? o.O Slumped in his throne is a Draugh Death Lord, in black, horned armour. It stirs, eyes flare into life, and it rises from it's chair, drawing it's black sword and warbling. Now, I had never seen one of these before... so instead of rushing it, I held ground and simply watched for a second, waiting for it's first move. Then I hear it's dry throat rasp, Fus, Ro, DAH! I fly back and slam into the low roof, crashing down onto the stairs and rolling to the floor in a heap.

It hefts it's sword and stalks down after me. I raise up just in time to bring up my shield, but it's attack is so strong it makes me stagger backwards, barely keeping on my feet. It comes again, but I slam my shield into it's stomach and climb the stairs, swinging wildly up at it's legs and chest, driving it back a few more steps, then bringing my shield up again to catch it's return strike, deflecting it and pushing the attack again.

My strikes were doing almost nothing, and every return blow was like a battering ram, intent on smash my shield aside, and killing me even through my guard! I backed up out of the way of one strike and covered the space with a lunge, smashing down the middle of it's helmet and pushing it back with a pained wheeze. I had it! I thought to myself. Just keep pushing, and not let it have an inch.

But then it shoves me back with a powerful swing and drew in breath, screeching it's Thu'um through me like a wave, and batting my sword and shields from my hands! I was defenceless, and it raked the old blade across my chest plate, making me stagger backwards down the stairs. Enough, I thought. Drawing in deep, I filled my lungs, and shook the hall with my booming roar. FUS RO DAH! The wave of raw power crashed into the Deathlord and carried it up the stairs, flying into it's throne and slumping against it.

My weapon... I looked around, but could not see it, and couldn't afford to go looking. It was down, but not out. Surely I had a dagger in my pack, something sharp, or heavy, anything! I pad about on my waist strap and find a handle!

A... pickaxe? o.O I look down at the dull, bent mining tool, not sure if laughter or growling would be more appropriate, but then I hear the clanking and rustling of the injured Draugh pulling itself up out of it's chair. It would have to do! I thought, and charged up the stairs, bringing the pickaxe down into it's sunken eye, slamming it's helmet back into the chair. Again, again, and again, I swing, bludgeoning it across each cheek, smashing it's jaw in, breaking it's horns off, cracking it's old and delicate bones! It wheezes and groans, struggling to rise, and I grip the handle, watching the broken and battered old corpse writhe in it's chair. And then, I bring the pickaxe down, and lodge it in it's face. I leave it there, and turn to scale the stairs.

This was going to make an interesting tale at the Bee and Barb.

Nadir

How could you know the full shout and never have met one of these guys before?

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on January 09, 2012, 04:07:09 PM
I don't think this requires any explanation.
YES IT DOES!  What the hell was that???

I like how the animation has the over head smash bounce you up.  Just like in the game.

Sabby

Draughs, yeah, but not the Deathlords, or whatever they call themselves... Scourges were the highest I'd seen, and I was around level 22. I just thought it was hilarious how all I had on me was a pickaxe and was like "Meh, better then nothing"

Shjade

Quote from: Eden on January 09, 2012, 11:35:48 PM
How could you know the full shout and never have met one of these guys before?
If he rushed the Greybeard quests he could get the full shout pretty early at a level too low for deathlords to show up, I guess.

@Chris: mod that turns dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage. OH YEEEAH!
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on January 10, 2012, 01:41:38 AM
If he rushed the Greybeard quests he could get the full shout pretty early at a level too low for deathlords to show up, I guess.

Actually, if you follow the main quest chain, you can get to the Greybeards by level 10.

Quote from: Shjade on January 10, 2012, 01:41:38 AM@Chris: mod that turns dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage. OH YEEEAH!
Which beggars the question: "Why would do something like that???"

My cold infested dreams are going to be resonating with the horrific sounds of his intro music...  Punctuated by flaming screams of OH YEAH!