You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:46:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 54077 times)

Offline Sabby

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 02:53:11 AM »
Premature Electrocution... and you thought anti-social behaviour was why wizards lived in towers without a woman.

Offline InkiduTopic starter

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »
I prefer a single arrow kill that you'll not see coming myself. >,>.

Seriously I had a custom class I called the marksman. He had about five hotkeyed magical bows with premium arrows. The first bow would most likely be a armor destroyer shattering any piece in one hit. It would probably be potently poisoned too. Then I would switch it up for something like lightning arrows or ice.

If I wanted to be a real dick I'd use my bow of burden on you. It's hard to hit me when I can move and you cannot. 

Offline Braioch

• Devil. Mad Scientist. King of Debauchery. Brat Prince. Duke of Snark. Warlock of Orgies.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Imfinewhydoyouask? Canyoutastetime?Ican
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:38 PM »
I prefer a single arrow kill that you'll not see coming myself. >,>.

Seriously I had a custom class I called the marksman. He had about five hotkeyed magical bows with premium arrows. The first bow would most likely be a armor destroyer shattering any piece in one hit. It would probably be potently poisoned too. Then I would switch it up for something like lightning arrows or ice.

If I wanted to be a real dick I'd use my bow of burden on you. It's hard to hit me when I can move and you cannot.

Though the character can still turn well enough and it's hard to move when a paralyze spell has been used on you as destruction spell after destruction spell wreaks hell on your paralyzed and recovering body ::)

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
Though the character can still turn well enough and it's hard to move when a paralyze spell has been used on you as destruction spell after destruction spell wreaks hell on your paralyzed and recovering body ::)
You still have to hit a person with the spell, and arrows don't run out of magicka. ::)

EDIT: Something awesome just filter through my brain space!

If each hand can control a weapon that means I can finally wield a sword in one hand and a fist in the other! Sparta punches for the win!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:14:09 PM by Inkidu »

Offline Braioch

• Devil. Mad Scientist. King of Debauchery. Brat Prince. Duke of Snark. Warlock of Orgies.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Imfinewhydoyouask? Canyoutastetime?Ican
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 02:34:23 AM »
You still have to hit a person with the spell, and arrows don't run out of magicka. ::)

EDIT: Something awesome just filter through my brain space!

If each hand can control a weapon that means I can finally wield a sword in one hand and a fist in the other! Sparta punches for the win!

And yet it's hard to hit the person who's raised their own strength to get rid of you burden spell and made themselves invisible until they're behind you with a paralyze spell ::)

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 06:02:06 PM »
Unarmed and weapon people! Finally a barbarian worth some praise!

Offline Cruxy

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »
Whut? Why shut down the multiplayer idea so fast? A co-op option might have had me see through oblivion to the end before I got bored with the more tedious elements of the game. It won't happen, but it'd be win.

Offline Sabby

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2011, 08:29:16 PM »
He's not saying there's no multi, there's just no Achievements from it, so Completionists aren't obligated to go online.

Offline Cruxy

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
*narrows eyes*

There IS multi??

Offline Sabby

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2011, 09:27:43 PM »
Oh shit >.< sorry, I confused this for the Dead Space 2 topic.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »
Whut? Why shut down the multiplayer idea so fast? A co-op option might have had me see through oblivion to the end before I got bored with the more tedious elements of the game. It won't happen, but it'd be win.
You want co-op. There's a difference between that and multiplayer. That would be fun. Especially if they didn't split the screen for us no internet connected people.

Multiplayer implies turning it into some PvP or MMO thing, and lets face it Elder Scrolls has always been "The MMO without the MMO."

Offline cryptkeeper0

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this game oblivion was awesome.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »
I wonder if Skyrim will include anything like romance subplots. I think the Elder Scrolls could benefit from that.

Plus things like attractiveness and ugliness reactions (deeper ones) or age reactions would be nice. In Oblivion I made this ancient swordsman and he was treated kind of young to meh. I think it would add a lot of depth to the character creation portions.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »
I wonder if Skyrim will include anything like romance subplots. I think the Elder Scrolls could benefit from that.

Plus things like attractiveness and ugliness reactions (deeper ones) or age reactions would be nice. In Oblivion I made this ancient swordsman and he was treated kind of young to meh. I think it would add a lot of depth to the character creation portions.

I really doubt that, unless they make significant changes. It hasn't been part of their formula in any previous game.

It's something I'd like to see, sure. Playing through New Vegas ( granted, not a Bethesda game, but ... come on ), I really hoped or wished for that possibility.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »
I really doubt that, unless they make significant changes. It hasn't been part of their formula in any previous game.

It's something I'd like to see, sure. Playing through New Vegas ( granted, not a Bethesda game, but ... come on ), I really hoped or wished for that possibility.
Or at least have your charisma score affect it or something.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »
*Casts major healing*

E3 2011: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Gameplay

Sometimes necromancy is worth it, no matter what the Mages Guild says. :D

For the first time in my life, I'm actually scared of dragons...

Offline abandoneddolly

• dollys are made to be used
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Do you see me there? Siting on the self collecting dust.
  • punish me with pleasure, and pleasure me with pain
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »
I saw the walkthrough yesterday. It comes out oon my husbands birthday. I know what hes getting this year ^^ dont know if he'll ever get to play it or not though.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
Anyone else scared of dragons now?

My luck I would hit it with an arrow in a Smaug-slaying kind of way only to have it crash and plow me into the ground.

It picked up a freaking giant! D:

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 07:36:58 PM »
I was already getting scared of the giant! lol!

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »
I was already getting scared of the giant! lol!
I know right? Also, G4's Website (not the channel) has the 13 minute live footage which has this and more. The inventory looks a lot cleaner if not as immersive as say a journal, but all the items from shields to cooked and uncooked food are rendered in 3D.

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 07:42:25 PM »
Cool. Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna check out the full thing now.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »
The words of power are what I'm most interested in. They've got everything from a fast trap-dodge dash, to breathing dragon fire. They're three-word draconic phrases for those of you who haven't heard so yet (it's pretty common) where you find them is still unknown, and the comprehension requires the literal soul of a dragon. Oh, and each shout as they call them has 3 levels.

So, I really want to make a arrow/sword/some magic guy who does nothing but hunt dragons. I want all the shouts at max. That's the closest thing to being a god in Elder Scrolls without ever hitting the console key in my mind.

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2011, 10:24:53 PM »
Just watched the video on G4.com... *Begins to hyperventilate uncontrollably*   

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 07:11:20 AM »
So, I really want to make a arrow/sword/some magic guy who does nothing but hunt dragons. I want all the shouts at max. That's the closest thing to being a god in Elder Scrolls without ever hitting the console key in my mind.

Actually, the closest thing would be to play through The Shivering Isles... or Morrowind, though maybe not in terms of actual power...

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
Actually, the closest thing would be to play through The Shivering Isles... or Morrowind, though maybe not in terms of actual power...
Yeah, Shivering Ilse god is such a figure head. Ooh, I can control the weather (only in my domain), I can summon sexy, creepy guards (in my domain), it's really a figurehead kind of thing. I saw a freaking radial force push. Take that, wolves, deer, villagers, mammoths, etc.