Witches and Demons [Players Wanted]
Witches and Demons [OOC]
Witches and Demons [Characters and Rules]
Witches and Demons [IC] - The Wizard Tower
Witches and Demons [IC] - The streets of Lakeshire
Witches and Demons [IC] - What lies below
Witches and Demons [IC] - The western forest

Introduction

The town of Lakeshire was in problems! The recent plague that had swept the city and cost the life of more than half it's citizens, had left the town quite unorganized. The guards, who were severely undermanned, could do nothing to stop the crime and thievery that was abundant in the chaos following the plague. They had their hands full defending the city against the creatures from outside. Orcs and goblins from the western forests, barbarians from the planes in the south, and kobolds and troglodytes from the mountains to the north required the guards' attention day and night.

At least those were creatures they could deal with. rumors of nastier creatures being sighted spread through the town. Some of the farmers returned home with stories of huge, clawed footprints throughout their fields and half their crop scorched. Some of the hunters that went in search of game in the forest did not return, and the other hunters blamed it on creatures they saw and had fled from, half human, half animal. More than one person had heard the sound of swooping wings at night and looked up to the sky to see a winged silhouette in the direction of the northern mountains, and even the lake east of town, that provided a natural barrier against attacks, seemed to be reason for concern, as the fishermen talked about weird sightings just under the surface. As if that wasn't all, some people, presumed dead before, were seen moving over the streets at night, hiding in the shadows, their hair and skin unnaturally white.

In the old days, the city would rely on the Wizard Council, a group of five mighty wizards that would solve their problems with a snap of their fingers. But as the centuries passed, the Wizards had grown old, and some had not survived the plague, while others slowly drifted away into dementia. Only a single wizard remained conscous, Nazhun. But Nazhun had also grown old. His powers were a mere fragment of those he once controlled. Having recently foreseen these problems, Nazhun had taken up apprentices, both male and female, to train them as their replacements, were the council to pass away. But he had started too late. A full wizard's training could easily take fifty years, and he had started only two years ago.

So, when the captain of the guard knocked on his door, and pleaded for help, there was only one option Nazhun could think of, the Demon's pact. While the long and tedious training to become a Wizard took fifty years, it would allow a human to wield magic by it's own power. There were shortcuts. Shortcuts Nazhun would rather not resort to, but he saw no option. One could make a pact with a Demon, allowing that person to channel the Demon's energy as if it were his own, and become a Sorcerer or Witch in a matter of days. This method had a dark counter-side. In exchange for the power, the Sorcerer or Witch becomes the Demon's servant, for the rest of his or her life struggling mentally between his own goals and the wishes of his or her Demon partner.

What I'm looking for

The story will center on a few of Nazhun's female apprentices, which are tricked by their master into accepting a Demon's pact, so they receive the power to save the city, accompanied by one or two others.

During character creation, I want all players to specify what their characters' strength and weaknesses are by dividing several "stat" points among attributes. This stat attribution will determine your chance of success when trying actions like hitting your enemy with your sword or charming a monster with your spell. Note that I will handle all checks and results of these stats behind the curtain, so there is no need to learn about a complex rule system, you only need to assign points to different stats during character creation and that's it. The only thing players will have to keep in mind is that they cannot decide the outcome of their attempts themselves. More on this later, if enough people show an interest to this game.

I am looking for the following characters:

3-5 Witches
  • I am only accepting female participants for the role of Witch.
  • The witches start out as Nazhun's female apprentices and will have to accept the Demon's Pact at the start of the game, thereby be linked to a Demon character.
  • Most of the apprentices should be human, but I allow for one apprentice that is of elven origin, though one of her parents is fully human, and one apprentice that, due to a failed magical experiment on the day she was born, has anthropomorphic features.
  • There are some weird creatures in and around Lakeshire, and some of these creatures might get their hands on these ladies, so you should be ok with your character being on the receiving end of noncon.
  • In addition, each apprentice will be linked to a demon character, controlled by another player. The apprentice players are in charge of which player will play their demon partner. How the apprentice and the demon work this relationship out between the two players is up to them.

3-5 Demons
  • Both male and female players are welcome to play a Demon character. The Demon's actual character does not have to be decided. I might play one of the Demon characters myself, if one of the apprentice players would want me as her partner.
  • Players interested in in playing a Demon character can either post a Demon character and hope one of the apprentice players will pick him or her as a partner, or find him or herself an apprentice partner and then make a Demon character that is to her agreement.
  • The Demons provide power to the female apprentices. They can decide when the apprentices can use their power and when that power is withheld.
  • The demons are young, not very powerful yet and reasonably small. Demons can be up to 3 feet tall, and are physically weak, though their skin is extremely though and they are highly regenerative.
  • The appearance of the demon is entirely up to the player. It can be as simple as a tiny man with horns, to something as grotesque as a six legged creature, covered with barbs and a triangular mouth beset by rows of sharp teeth on the underside of his belly. Do keep in mind that if you want your Witch partner to please you sexually, you should have some sexual organs for her to please. Demons can have sexual organs of either or both genders, or be asexual. Demons cannot shapeshift on their own.
  • Demons can move around, see, hear and smell their surroundings, talk to others, and most things ordinary humans could.
  • Demons have no power in the world of the mortals. They cannot invoke magic and cannot even be present if it wasn't for the Demon's Pact or some kind of magic user conjuring them.
  • As part of the Demon's Pact, a Witch subjects herself to her Demon partner mentally. The Demon and Witch receive a mental link, which the Demon can use to offer her suggestions, which the Witch is free to accept or decline. Three times per day, the Demon can use the mental link to try and force a Command upon his partner. Unless the partner manages to mentally resist such a Command, the Command becomes absolute and must be followed by the Witch.
  • Demon characters will not be on the receiving end of noncon.

1-2 Adventurers
  • Players of either gender can play an adventurer, but I prefer no crossplaying, so the characters gender should match the player's gender.
  • There is room for up to two characters accompanying the Witches on their adventures. These characters are unable to use magic of any kind, but will be physically stronger as compensation.
  • Like the Witches, the adventurers should mostly be humans. However, if one of the allowed exceptions is not taken up by any of the Witches, one of the adventurers can take this exception instead.
  • Like the Witches, female Adventurers might fall victim to the weird creatures that surround the town, so they should be equally acceptable to noncon.
  • I'm not as comfortable with working on scenes with male characters. However, I'm fine with a male character falling victim to the Succubus character. In addition, if whoever plays the Succubus is okay with it, male characters can also fall victim to other creatures that will then be controlled by the Succubus player. Other players could also substitude, if it would not lead to too much confusement.

1 Succubus
  • I only accept a female player to take the role of the Succubus.
  • Finally, there is the Succubus that will be summoned by Nazhun early on in the story. The Succubus will strike a deal with Nazhun, and call forth the Demons that will make a pact with the Witch characters. The Succubus will not disappear there, but stay to oversee how the pact between the Witches and the Demons turns out.
  • Unlike the Demons, who are bound by the Demon's Pact, the Succubus is only conjured here, and therefor retains all her powers. The Succubus has much more power than the other characters, but no real reason to use her power.
  • The Succubus is not here to destroy the human town. Neither is she around to help the humans and solve all their problems. The Succubus is just around to oversee how the Demons do their job, and quite likely to have some fun on the side. Using her power to save someone in the hopes of being able to squeeze some fun out of that person is acceptable. Constantly hogging all the spotlight is not. She is an assistant character If I see the Succubus player push her character to the front, I will be forced to replace her/remove the character.
  • Due to the Succubus power, she does not need to fear noncon situations.

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Xillen

Scribbles

This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, diving into such a dark, gritty, world. I'd love to take up the role as one of the witches.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Xillen

Quote from: Scribbles on January 07, 2011, 11:57:57 AM
This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, diving into such a dark, gritty, world. I'd love to take up the role as one of the witches.

Thanks for your interest. And Tsunami as well, I just noticed my previous post being rather direct.

I am out for the evening, but will check interest later, and perhaps post some more details.

Anithinum

Adore it! would definitely be interested! Would love to be a witch.
On~Off

Sign this and let's begin

Spell

Interested in playing an adventurer here!
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Tsunami

It'd OK I am interested in a witch well sorcerer
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

ShadeOfGray

Might be interested in giving a demon a go... though...

QuoteUp to 3 feet tall

Why so short? 

Almost seems like these are more familiars than demons. 
Between young and old, Between was and be
Between dark and light, Between you and me
This pleasant shade of gray.. (O/O)
(Idea Thread)

Xillen

Quote from: ShadeOfGray on January 07, 2011, 04:17:03 PMMight be interested in giving a demon a go... though...

Why so short? 

Almost seems like these are more familiars than demons.

I guess to some degree you could say that. Their short size does emphasize somewhat that the havoc Demons can wreak on the world of mortals is indirect. They can grant power to their witches and have to attempt to lead the witches on the patch to evil.

Also, the Demons that the pack is established with are young, not yet fully grown. As they develop and become stronger, they might grow.

Meliai

Hmmmm, sounds fun! I'll toss my pointy black hat into the witch's ring, assuming enough demon players show up.

Instead of an half-elven character, would you consider someone with a bit of Fae blood? Say her mother was a dryad instead of an elf?
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Xillen

Thanks for your interest.

It would be possible, if you could come up with a convincing story as to how she would end up in Lakeshire instead of with the Fae in the woods.

Seems we have three players interested in playing a Witch already. I'll see if I can put a little more detail online later tonight or tomorrow.

Polymorph

I'll show interest in a demon character, probably the classic satyr type with goat's legs and hooves and horns.

As clarification, how strong is the mental link between the witches and the demons? For example if one or the other became sexually aroused would this arousal be duplicated in the partner or a sex act by one be experianced by the other?

RomanSoldier

This seems very interesting. I would be willing to play a demon, since they seem to be on demand.

Xillen

I had to sleep last night, but I'll create a character thread in a bit, and post more details in there.

As for the mental link, it is ever present, so if one of the two is aroused, then certainly some aroused feelings and images would go through the link and enter the partner's mind. Sending what you see and physically feel could also be sent through the link if so desired, but this is optional. I'll leave it up to the player what kind of effect that would have on that character. Some might get aroused by it, but I could certainly imagine a witch finding the sexual thoughts of a demon repulsive.

Giulianna

This does sound very interesting. I would love to play a witch, a human girl who is always influenced by her demon and all the consequences that come of that. And it even seems you have one more demon than witch. So, if at all possible, please, do count me in.

Anithinum

Quote from: Xillen on January 08, 2011, 03:49:01 AM
As for the mental link, it is ever present, so if one of the two is aroused, then certainly some aroused feelings and images would go through the link and enter the partner's mind. Sending what you see and physically feel could also be sent through the link if so desired, but this is optional. I'll leave it up to the player what kind of effect that would have on that character. Some might get aroused by it, but I could certainly imagine a witch finding the sexual thoughts of a demon repulsive.

Does that go both ways? For example if the with thought of something that put her in a certain frame of mind, would the demon she is linked with feel/see/be affected by that? And can a thought be transferred from one to the other? Like if a demon had a thought that he wanted the witch to see could he force it into her mind and vice versa?
On~Off

Xillen

Welcome on board, Giulianna!

Yes, it would work both ways, so the Witch could send images to the Demon and vice versa. You can communicate through the mental link or send images/sound/smell/taste/feel. These can be from what you experiencing at that moment, from memory or imagined, though the first option is likely to be more realistic. An experienced Witch or Demon could block these images out when he or she would not want to deal with them, but the Witch and Demon characters in this story are far from experienced, and therefor it could be somewhat confronting.

The characters can tell the difference between their own senses and whatever the partner is sending their way, though.

Drake Valentine

Question, as I just pop on here and found it of some interest.

When a count is reached for what you are looking for, does that mean one can't apply for that slot? Is the player recruiting limited? 

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Xillen

Which slot are you interested in?

I prefer not to surpass the provided numbers that I stated in the original post for this game, considering it might already become a crowded game if we cap out on 5 witches, 5 demons, 2 adventurers, 1 succubus and a couple of NPCs that I'll be taking care of.

However, what has been posted up to now is an interest check, so the sign-ups are not set in stone. Intrigue me with an interesting character, and will be happy to get you on board. Characters that require me to bend less options also gain a preference. I could adjust the setup to include a Sorcerer as one of the adventurers, for example, but I prefer sticking to my original idea and keeping the adventurers non-magic-users.

Lastly, it's the Witch players that decide which Demon players they partner with (and thus which Demon players have access to the game).

Anithinum

>:) To give a woman such power over men.
On~Off

Xillen

Well, you're basically picking the man that has power over you. I want you to pick partners that you would feel comfortable having that kind of power over you.

Drake Valentine

I see.

Hmm, so demons can only give- if they choose- their powers to the witches over them? They have no direct impact whatsoever otherwise?

Also, how exactly does the point system work? Does it just involve the witches or all the other characters as well?

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Xillen

The demons are physically present in the world of mortals as they travel with their Witch (or Sorcerer). They can affect anything physically like an ordinary human could. They are not allowed to use magic.

They must seek their havoc through their partner Witches. They can batter the Witch' mind with suggestions, images and what else through their mental link. They can blackmail the Witches by refusing them to tap their energy. They can try to use their Command ability to order the Witches around.

Demons that are not affected by a Demon's Pact or Enchantment magic but are somehow in the world of mortals, do not suffer from these restrictions and can use their magic as they wish.

There will be points for physical stats, and points for schools of magic. The Adventurers will receive more points to assign to their physical stats than Witches, but will not receive any points for schools of magic. Demons (including the Succubus) will also need to assign points, but their budgets are different.

Drake Valentine

Hmm, well probably be easier for me to understand better whenever you get the point system up. There are still a few things leading to minor confusion upon my part, but I will bring those questions into light once, said system, is up.

Any who, I will be down for a demon character as well.

Unless you may also be looking for additional slots of villainy.