You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 04:33:49 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Gauging Interest - Bring back the false grit! Good Old Spaghetti Western!  (Read 2391 times)

Offline RedEve

Re: Gauging Interest - Bring back the false grit! Good Old Spaghetti Western!
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »
Sorry, but I don't think it'll work. So, uh, yes, she's out.  :-\

Okay, but I think you're being mightily inflexible. I don't see how much trouble - if any - it would have been to fit her into the story.

Good luck with your game regardless.

Offline Inerrant LustTopic starter

Re: Gauging Interest - Bring back the false grit! Good Old Spaghetti Western!
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2011, 03:40:15 AM »
So... Is anyone still interested?  :-\

It's my hope to establish a strong motivation for all the characters and then to step quietly away and let them have at it in their own way and at their own pace. It'll be quite freeform, but the whole idea of establishing the interconnected storyline in the beginning (rather than improvising it mid-game) is to avoid having all three groups pursue their own goals without really interacting with one another in a meaningful way.

I know it might seem scripted... but consider it more like setting up a bunch of wind-up dolls on a race-track. You can place them at a certain angle so that they'll be nudged to go a certain way, but once the race starts who knows what will happen and where they'll go.

...Erm.. Not that I would consider any of you splendid players to be wind-up dolls or anything.  :-X

:P