A Cure for the Itch - M/F - male roles[x2] available

Started by PearlRuby, January 01, 2011, 09:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PearlRuby

After a very extended hiatus, I have the RP itch again at the turn of the new year. It's been well over a year since I was here, maybe even two (?) and who knows what shape my writing is in. I suppose the only way to find out, is to test the rather daunting waters a little.
And as a side-note, my sincerest apologies to any threads I was unable to continue with. I think starting fresh is the best way forward from here, at least until I recover my footing again.

So, without further adieu, these are two ideas which have recently tickled my fancy. Please PM me should you wish to discuss them further. Both ideas are simply frameworks, especially the second. I'm hoping the simplicity and wide potential of either one captures the imagination and creativity of another.

Thanks.

-----------------------

***To Fall from Grace***TAKEN

In exchange for your faith, your devout belief, she guards you with her unconditional love...

The Brief Outline:
Despite a questionable childhood, the male protagonist still tried to be a devout and honest man. Humble and kind to those who crossed his path, most of the time, he strived to be a just figure within society. He tried his best to attend Mass every Sunday, confessed when he committed various sins, and upheld the values of his religion above all else. Until recently, where a series of unfortunate events linked to his past, present and future, one by one, have led him to question his faith more and more.

"Is it really worth it? Is there a God? Why does my unholy neighbour prosper above me? Am I not worthy?"

Such thoughts merely serve to strangulate the very being who has always been there. Watching over him. Keeping him safe from true harm. She has watched him grow, mature and knows these thoughts grown from a seed that was planted long ago. But never before has he acted on them. Never before has he forsworn his faith, letting the unholy tree desecrate his body, mind and spirit. Yet she goes against the protocol of her kindred. It is not her place to interfere with free-thought, but she cannot bear to be lost and forgotten.

Hence, she falls...

Setting: Modern / Post-Apocalyptic / Gothic-Noir

Film Influences: City of Angels, Constantine
Musical Influences: REM - Losing My Religion
Heather Nova - Gloomy Sunday

I'm looking for someone to take the role of the male protagonist - your actual gender matters not. There are themes of religion/faith of course, and we can discuss a comfortable way to explore this. The main focus is the relationship between these two characters. Is it an epic tragedy, or a simple love story? Please send a PM if you're interested, and be sure to check my Ons/Offs.

-----------------------

***All Beer and Skittles*** TAKEN

Technically this is a literature/movie cross-over. 'All Beer and Skittles' is Wild Western slang for 'Unpleasant' and 'not so happy'. So the main premise of this RP, is to take the basic main character framework from Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, and place them within a Wild West setting. Think CatBallou meets Calamity Jane, some sort of Doris Day/Jane Fonda-esque, gun-tooting cowgirl/saloon girl heroine, featured as the role of 'Kate - the Shrew'. She's a loud, open-minded, free-spirited and rebellious young woman, who bows to no man. Infact, she deems herself superior in every way.

Whereas 'Petruchio - the Tamer' would be some type of Eastwood/Wayne outlaw, gambler, or maybe even the town Sheriff with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe somewhere in his early to late thirties, he considers himself to be very attractive in his male prime, and the definition of pure masculinity. Maybe not the most 'just' of men though - he plays by his own rules, often unfair to all but himself.

Two opposite characters, thrown against each other in a situation that could be quite comedic.

"Why, there's a wench! Come on, and kiss me, Kate."

Of course, I don't want the plotline to completely follow the play - that part can be entirely different and open for completely new interpretation.
Some keywords:
- Murder
- Theft
- Blackmail
- Gambling
- Saloon
- Travel
I could also imagine this involving some sub/dom themes, but only very light BDSM please. Anyway, it's all up for discussion, I'm just throwing the idea out there. Just send a PM if I've sparked your fancy, and we'll get cracking on a more solid framework.

-----------------------

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A