You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:05:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters  (Read 28677 times)

Offline Florence

Re: Power Rangers
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »
I love me some Power Rangers xD

I haven't kept up with the later series, but I've been meaning to, since a few of the more recent ones have had some pretty nice throwbacks to the classic series from what I've heard. (Tommy being in Dino Thunder, the episodes 'Once a Ranger' and 'Forever Red'. As you can probably tell by all that, my definition of 'more recent' is basically anything after MMPR.

Though I have heard there's a lot of classic throwbacks in the most recent series, I have yet to see it for myself though. So I think some time I might try doing a big marathon xD

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »
Oh, I was thinking that the robot's trip through the corporate offices would be interrupted by some kaiju that feeds on the toxins that the oil tycoon's plants are producing.  Cue standard PR battle, ending in tycoon 'seeing the error of his ways' and switching his company overnight to solar energy.

Because that could totally happen.  ::)

Offline Hue Ran

« Reply #402 on: October 01, 2013, 11:41:04 PM »
I love Power Rangers, I have seen all the seasons up to some of Megaforce.

Did anyone else think Megaforce was a huge disappointment? I mean the mentor was a tiki!

Personally I just had such high standards when I heard Saban was taking back over. I guess that just shows you shouldn't have such high of standards.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #403 on: October 02, 2013, 01:29:58 AM »
I love Power Rangers, I have seen all the seasons up to some of Megaforce.

Did anyone else think Megaforce was a huge disappointment? I mean the mentor was a tiki!

Personally I just had such high standards when I heard Saban was taking back over. I guess that just shows you shouldn't have such high of standards.

Saban and high standards shouldn't be in the same sentence.  Rangers had better rating during their Disney stretch.  Megaforce was a major tribute to the original Power Rangers that aired in the 90s.

Offline Hue Ran

« Reply #404 on: October 02, 2013, 01:34:49 AM »
Saban and high standards shouldn't be in the same sentence.  Rangers had better rating during their Disney stretch.  Megaforce was a major tribute to the original Power Rangers that aired in the 90s.

Ya I heard that before. Still my favorites had been while Saban was doing his thing.

I honestly didn't like most of the Disney ones. Now I did like some of them, just not most of them.

Tribute or not I thought it was awful. I would have preferred a remake of MMPR rather than Megaforce.

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #405 on: October 02, 2013, 02:08:10 AM »
I can't even finish Megaforce. I keep dreading that Legendary War, after the awful RPM crossover. They couldn't do a two season team up, how the fuck will they manage an ALL SEASON team up.

Offline Yugishogun

• Giver of amazing items to all those in need
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Elliquiy Arms! Maku Spark!!!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #406 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
I can't even finish Megaforce. I keep dreading that Legendary War, after the awful RPM crossover. They couldn't do a two season team up, how the fuck will they manage an ALL SEASON team up.

I wholesomely agree with you, Sabby. As I looked through blog sites that had news about the filming, I found out that few ranger actors were recruited for cameos in the legend war and super megaforce. Several who were (most a lot of MMPR rangers besides the green ranger's actor) denied invitations from Saban due to them still paying cheep wages and having to pay to get to/stay in New Zealand. David Yost (the actor for Billy) definitely didn't want to go. They even refrained from referring to him by name in his invite email, still showing little respect to him.

Tl;Dr: It'll be a giant suit fest.

« Reply #407 on: October 02, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »
None of this surprises me.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #408 on: October 02, 2013, 09:53:54 AM »
It just felt like such a disappointment once Saban got it back. First they gave a poorly planned out near direct translation of the sentai and now we're just getting a very watered-down MMPR. What happened to the once great company that made In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force........

« Reply #409 on: October 02, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »
And the wonderful people behind RPM.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #410 on: October 02, 2013, 10:55:01 AM »
*nods* Disney may of had some flops, but they had some great seasons too.

Offline Hue Ran

« Reply #411 on: October 02, 2013, 11:05:51 AM »
*nods* Disney may of had some flops, but they had some great seasons too.

I agree with that completely.

It just felt like such a disappointment once Saban got it back. First they gave a poorly planned out near direct translation of the sentai and now we're just getting a very watered-down MMPR. What happened to the once great company that made In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force........

I know right? Most of my favorite seasons came out when he was running stuff, but man in my opinion he had some worse flops then freakin Disney.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »
*nods* we may have gotten flops such as mystic force and operation overdrive but at least we got jungle fury, rpm, spd, dino thunder, and ninja storm.

Offline Hue Ran

« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »
*nods* we may have gotten flops such as mystic force and operation overdrive but at least we got jungle fury, rpm, spd, dino thunder, and ninja storm.

It would seem we both dislike the same seasons, as well as like the same seasons.

Jungle Fury was pretty cool, but Dino Thunder was amazing, and Lothur in Ninja Storm was amusing along with his nieces.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »
Lothur was probably my favorite power rangers villain. He was smart enough to realize that if his plan would just come to fruition at the end anyway, that he could just putz around with a crazy scheme whenever he felt like it.

Offline Hue Ran

« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2013, 11:36:11 AM »
Lothur was probably my favorite power rangers villain. He was smart enough to realize that if his plan would just come to fruition at the end anyway, that he could just putz around with a crazy scheme whenever he felt like it.

I agree. My least favorite was probably King Mondo. Did anyone else find him and his family annoying?

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2013, 12:02:58 PM »
It's more that King Mondo seemed to be wooden and boring.

If had to pick a second favorite villain, it would probably Emperor Gruumm. He always successfully diverted the rangers from his real plans of collecting supplies.

Offline Hue Ran

« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2013, 12:07:08 PM »
It's more that King Mondo seemed to be wooden and boring.

If had to pick a second favorite villain, it would probably Emperor Gruumm. He always successfully diverted the rangers from his real plans of collecting supplies.

Ahh yes from SPD. Good season, and the first Female Red Ranger in the series.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2013, 12:22:53 PM »
Ahh yes from SPD. Good season, and the first Female Red Ranger in the series.

*nod* It had a lot of great characters and ideas (such as foreshadowing from the first episode that the a-squad was evil). My favorite character in that series was probably Bridge. (Buttery!)

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2013, 02:09:04 PM »
Ya I heard that before. Still my favorites had been while Saban was doing his thing.

I honestly didn't like most of the Disney ones. Now I did like some of them, just not most of them.

Tribute or not I thought it was awful. I would have preferred a remake of MMPR rather than Megaforce.

And for this reason, I watch Sentai.

« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
Hey, Mystic Force was great, just unconventional.

Trakeena is one of the best villains.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #421 on: October 02, 2013, 09:25:28 PM »
And for this reason, I watch Sentai.

Shall we make a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider thread?

Hey, Mystic Force was great, just unconventional.

Trakeena is one of the best villains.

Mystic Force just didn't grab me. The only that really got any development was Nick (and he happened to be quite cynical and a jerk...). The rangers that potential (such as Xander and Chip) rarely got development. The theme song also didn't really get me "pumped up" for the episodes like the other series. The other sad thing is that legendary magical characters completely overshadow with their actual histories and characters what the show is supposed to center on; the rangers...

I do agree with you on Trakeena though. Watching her growth from a whiny side daughter into a great villainous was a wonderful ride.

« Reply #422 on: October 02, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »
Which is a shame, because this was the theme song they were planning to use.

Offline Yugishogun

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #423 on: October 02, 2013, 11:43:32 PM »
I agree with you on that point. Ron Wasserman makes some pretty awesome music. :)

Offline Florence

« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2013, 04:43:43 AM »
I agree with you on that point. Ron Wasserman makes some pretty awesome music. :)

I apologize if someone's already posted about this, but I can't stop listening to his Power Rangers redux album xD