You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 04:31:22 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters  (Read 28600 times)

Offline Rex Pacis

Re: Power Rangers
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2013, 05:55:04 AM »
-aliens guy- Japan!

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:53 PM »
I watched the first episode for Megaforce, I found it extremely similar to MMPR... except MMPR did it right and Megaforce was lacking.

« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »
Please don't tell me that x.x I'm about to watch the first episode and I really don't want to.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2013, 12:29:16 PM »
Watch at your own risk my friend.

« Reply #330 on: March 06, 2013, 12:34:26 PM »
Whose the editor on this? Could they stand to leave a few minutes of the episode without a musical cue? There hasn't been a second so far without some kind of royalty free tune playing over everything.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #331 on: March 06, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
That was one thing I found wrong. No quiet moments to try and set up a serious moment or a certain amount of calm.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #332 on: March 06, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »
...@_@

Is it me, or do the two female rangers have some....Lesyay tones? @_@

Maybe I've been on the internet too long, but....I dunno..I saw them in one episode, where Queen Bee attacks, and I just got that vibe...xD

« Reply #333 on: March 06, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »
"So, Billy doesn't like Bee's, hmmm?"

...oh god... this show is making me miss Rita Repulsa. I'm a Disney Era fan! That's like a modern DC reader missing Supermans rainbow finger lasers.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #334 on: March 06, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
"So, Billy doesn't like Bee's, hmmm?"

...oh god... this show is making me miss Rita Repulsa. I'm a Disney Era fan! That's like a modern DC reader missing Supermans rainbow finger lasers.

It's funny when you say you're a Disney-Era fan...since Disney originally didn't even WANT Power Rangers. The franchise kind of just came with the deal they had at the time. Power rangers didn't fit into it's wholesome family values thing at the time, because of it's Violence, so Disney wanted to get rid of it. :P

That's the reason why RPM is so off the wall and awesome....because Disney basically told the producer/director "The franchise is ending. Do whatever."...and so they resolved to send it out with a bang. :3

« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »
Yep, and the show was better off with the guys who only grudgingly paid attention to it then the one who made it.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #336 on: March 06, 2013, 06:40:01 PM »
Yep, and the show was better off with the guys who only grudgingly paid attention to it then the one who made it.

Need I remind you that Saban managed to SAVE the franchise with Power Rangers In Space?

« Reply #337 on: March 06, 2013, 06:44:51 PM »
One season under his belt that wasn't a rehash of MMPR. Disney had more and better seasons. Sorry, Old School fans have always tried to convince me the Zordon Era was superior and I've never seen eye to eye with them.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »
One season under his belt that wasn't a rehash of MMPR. Disney had more and better seasons. Sorry, Old School fans have always tried to convince me the Zordon Era was superior and I've never seen eye to eye with them.

Zordon era US was crap.  All scenes with the rangers was copy pasted from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.  So if anything is superior it is Japan's series... Every season.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »
I found the Zordon era to be kick ass! So what if it used stock footage? It doesn't take anything away from the series. That's like saying dubbed anime is bad because its a copy past of the original sub.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2013, 11:41:44 PM »
I found the Zordon era to be kick ass! So what if it used stock footage? It doesn't take anything away from the series. That's like saying dubbed anime is bad because its a copy past of the original sub.

I happen to hate dubbed anime.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2013, 11:42:57 PM »
Oh, well then I can see where you're coming from.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2013, 11:49:39 PM »
Oh, well then I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah.  I'm planning to start watching Super Sentai again from the very start of it. 

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2013, 12:16:56 AM »
All the way back to Goranger? Nice, where do you find it?

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »
All the way back to Goranger? Nice, where do you find it?

A friend of mine is getting the episodes for me.  He has all the fan sub.

Offline Fieryone

« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
I would assume those subs for Goranger are HK subs yes? I know that no subgroup has done Goranger and much of the sentai before Jetman.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »
I would assume those subs for Goranger are HK subs yes? I know that no subgroup has done Goranger and much of the sentai before Jetman.

He does fansubs himself.

Offline SeraphBlade07

« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »
In my Mid twenties and not shames to say I still watch Power Rangers on Occasion...I've seen Mighty Morphin, Turbo, Zeo, Wildforce, Time Force(favorite), Dino Thunder( Favorite), SPD (not a fan), Ninja Storm, Jungle Fury (it was good), Lightspeed rescue, In Space, RPM (not a fan), Samurai (Not a fan)

I want to see the Pirate one.

But I'll admit later in life I watched it for the cute guys XD

Offline Kunoichi

« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »
Not a fan of RPM? Oo; I'll admit that the ending could have been better, but I thought it started out quite well.

Offline SeraphBlade07

« Reply #349 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »
it did start out pretty good. and the characters were good as well but the ending was..ugh...probably what killed it for me.