You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:30:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters  (Read 28620 times)

Offline WhiteTigerForever

• Elliquiy's WTF
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • Location: Germany;dom/dom story lover and teller;Story driven; Nature is moral absolution, no matter what you have done.
  • Fantasy Imagination Engineer
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Power Rangers
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2011, 08:06:25 PM »
aaaaaaaaaha ha ha ha.. I sooooo luv this..XD!!!!

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »
Oh man, that's one of my favorite GIFS! It's hilarious! Lol Red Ranger!

• Elliquiy's WTF
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • Location: Germany;dom/dom story lover and teller;Story driven; Nature is moral absolution, no matter what you have done.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »
It is one of those classic types that no matter how many times you look at it you still end up laughing your ass off...XD!

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »
I seriously wonder what was going on when this footage was captured?

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »
It's the Zordon Era :P most of which was terrible writing and silly evil plots. Guessing Rita seriously thought that cursing Jason with dancing would make them unable to fight. Theres a reason I swing towards Post-Zordon, though In Space was amazing.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2011, 12:41:09 AM »
Oh come on the Zordon Ranger series weren't that bad it. Sure there was some goofiness and bad writing, but it got better when the second season of Mighty Morphin came and got pretty good once Zeo hit. It faltered when Turbo came around but it greatly redeemed itself when In Space aired, that one was brilliant.

• Elliquiy's WTF
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2011, 12:52:19 AM »

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »

I just had to post this ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:16:32 AM by Jmorty33 »

« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2011, 01:54:07 AM »
He would have been well paid if Disney hadn't fucked with Ninja Storm... original script was actually a Power Rangers civil war. Think on that for a second, comprehend its awesomeness, and then look what we got instead xD

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2011, 01:56:51 AM »
Yeah Linkara talked about that in his HOPR, that would have been a fucking awesome show. Two sides of the same heroes fighting because of different views on how to fight evil... It's a fool proof idea!

« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2011, 02:02:11 AM »
It's an expensive idea. I knew about it before Linkara's review, but he helped put it into perspective. Most of the shows assets already destroyed or sold, its a wonder they had a show at all.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2011, 02:03:29 AM »
Plus they were filming in a country that banned the show so I'm still surprised they allowed them to film that season.

« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2011, 02:06:56 AM »
That never seemed a problem for me, actually, they don't want it on their TV, but filming is good income, New Zealand is lucky they got the chance, they'd be stupid to turn them away.

Besides, that banning is hilarious. I checked the Wiki, and the exact quote was that it was banned because of several (note, several, as in, a few) phone calls, including, I shit you not "a mother of children"

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »
As opposed to a mother of what?   ::)

« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2011, 02:40:11 AM »
I can see the scene in my head, executives going through the 4 phonecalls dismissively. "Sir... this ones from a mother" "...of children? o.O" "...yes v.v" "What have we become..."

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2011, 02:55:48 AM »
To think, Japanese mothers had no problem with this and didn't complain. We decide to translate it and add our own actors and moms start getting offended. Come on it's Saturday Morning Cartoon violence, nothing serious. If anything at all they should like it because of the moral undertones thrown in to every episode!

« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2011, 03:14:00 AM »
I'd love to lay the blame squarely at Lord Zedd's feet, because of how fucking badass he is, but really, it was because majority of the problems were solved with violence. The 'moral lesson' came in a speech afterwards, but the actual resolution was usually beating the monster up until it exploded.

Dino Thunder had a plot where a bully and the Blue Ranger were scheduled to fight after school, and it kept getting put off, and even though he's a nerd, he fights off robotic dinosaur people without even morphing, so the whole thing felt a bit silly that he's afraid of a normal bully... it wasn't that he didn't want to hurt anyone, he was actually scared. But instead of whooping the jocks ass like he could have, they resolved the situation peacefully, he used his dork skills to show him why his soccer kick sucks and in exchange he'd leave his friends alone.

That was one of the few times I saw the show actually steer away from violence. So I can understand why the mums hated it.

• Elliquiy's WTF
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
Even still to this day, The Japanese Power Rangers are the beest...lmfao..!!!

center]Power Rangers/Super Sentai Funny/Dancing[/center]

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:43:26 PM by WhiteTigerForever »

• Elliquiy's WTF
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »
I loled so hard on these..XD!!!!

It's all in fun, hope it doesn't offend any one...:D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:49:03 PM by WhiteTigerForever »

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2011, 12:48:13 AM »
Ya know..I don't think I ever saw PR: Jungle Fury. o3o

Anyone know how good it is?

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2011, 01:57:48 AM »
Jungle Fury is exactly like Power Rangers Dino Thunder, but with Kung Fu and ancient chinese spirits.

« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
It's pretty good so far :) usually the Zord battles are the boring parts for me, but Jungle Fury had some surprisingly good robot fights... and I love their mentor, RJ. It's like if Zordon were Zen... Zendon... yeah.

Offline Fieryone

« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
White Tiger I think you mean to say you like the original source Material "Super Sentai" the most.

But either way, I wish I had my Netflicks account on, I want to rewatch In Space.

Offline Violence

• Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the foot of a two faced God straddling the border of Nightmares and Dreams.
  • I want a girl in pointe shoes and a collar.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2011, 07:08:10 PM »
I'm currently rewatching Time Force, after having rewatched SPD and Dino Thunder (I'm not really going in any order, as much as I'm trying to watch the ones that were a favorites of a friend of mine).  I keep getting surprised at how complex the characters can be in some of the seasons given that the show always had the reputation of the characters just being "Teenagers With Attitude"...

Sorta wish I could convince my friends that was the case so that they'd watch them. *laughs*

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
Soo...in Jungle Fury, the Master (RJ?) says that the morphers he has were basically created by a friend of a friend who accessed the morphing grid..

Now, there's no doubt that this "Friend" was one of the original rangers, most likely Tommy, but anyway....does this mean that anyone that can tap into the morphing grid can become a ranger/make morphers?