BESM (third edition) game

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 20, 2010, 06:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, this is more interest check than anything. How many would like to play a BESM game? I myself got only third edition but as note you can google it and find a free download of it (and I do not dare mention where I got mine as it may break some site rule regarding piracy or something >_> just mention the obvious method find free stuff as usual).

Anyways I ask for interest and what would be people's preferred genre? BESM is for anime game but consider this is elliquiy so we would be more likely a hentai game with some rules determine when tentacle monster succeeds snare the girl helpless and perhaps think simple rules determine when girl is going pass out. I think each sex act (orgasm) drains EP (energy points) but actual determination when they climax is determined in 'sexual stage of arousal'. Basically when monsters erotic attack reaches girl (or guy's) shock value (determined by HP) then they progress one stage in sexual arousal. Stages could be many as we like but easiest is likely three or four stages (where final stage is actual climax).

At least my musings and thoughts. How about you? Actual setting needs also discussed but I would like talk/design it with others.

DigitLninja

I'm in... I want to play a character based off of The World Ends With You.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

avorae

I'd be interested in a BESM game. As for setting i thing somrething modern in scope would be nice.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, so far I have thinked kinda open anime universe but some key factors: firstly core and basic world is exactly like ours. But moved ahead little into future. To year 2012. You have heard the doomsday prophecies of that year? Well this case world is not destroyed in that year but changed when several forces start pop into earth.

This case char concepts can go from neko spacefigther (alien race coming to earth first time) between a vampire hunter Buffy (years underground warfare with vampires which had rapidly start become more and more public than before in activity).

DuhMan

Zaer Darkwail

Yes DuhMan, it only matters what point amount we agree on and what attributes you buy on her present her closely as possible.

lorcan

Hmm id like to throw my hat in this could we throw in some Gundam influences preferably like Mobile Suit Gundam the original not wing or anything like that.

Zaer Darkwail

You can play Gundam alike char (it is a mecha robot user and BESM supports it).

lorcan

Yep im just trying to firgure out a way to make a mech that doesnt need multiple people to pilot it

Jemm

I would enjoy a BESM game. I even managed to get a copy of the book awhile back ^^
I generally prefer medieval fantasy though.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, your char could come from medieval fantasy dimension (perhaps from ancient earth past into future?) but idea in general is atm to mix varied subtypes together to present setting in kinda chaotic albeit some logical manner.

Anycase we got some interest so we can start discuss what would be folks prefered point range in char creation? Also would folks be okay with shock value for being used?

Jemm

I apologize, I must have misunderstood the original post ^^'
Well I might still be interested though, but I am a little confused about the setting.
I don't mind shock values being used.

I went back and read through everything. I got confused because I mistook the decided setting for a proposed setting ^^'
Umm, so maybe my preferred character might not really fit in this setting after all.

Xiphon III

I have a pdf of the SRD, is that enough to play? I've been thinking of rocking a gun Bunny.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jemm on January 08, 2011, 05:36:51 PM
I went back and read through everything. I got confused because I mistook the decided setting for a proposed setting ^^'
Umm, so maybe my preferred character might not really fit in this setting after all.

Awww, sad to hear :/. You have no other concepts which would fit to such a game?

Xiphon III: I myself got only also pdf of the BESM third edition so pdf is enough for the play yes.

Xiphon III

Alright, but it isn't the PHB, just the SRD, which is meant more for quick "rule look ups", and doesn't really go in depth on how to make a char...

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, well if you need help in char creation (and when game starts) let me know. Still waiting replies from folks prefered point amount spend on char creation and regarding Shock Value.

Xiphon III

avorae

Hmm.. well seeing as we have someone looking to do a Gundam style character how about we start somewhere in the 600-700 point range for points. As for the Shock value I am all for using it. It makes it more realistic when people get hurt and they would be less likely to do something stupid if they know it can put them in serious harm if they do. Especially with mechas running around.

Xiphon III

Hmm...my Gun Bunny will be RIDICULOUS with that many points....awesome. Any game that has rules for blowing up planets is obviously EXPECTING this. Dunno whether I'll go for game breaker, or rule of cool. Maybe a mix of both...

Reno

This sounds kind of fun. If you do get it up, I'd probably be interested in getting in on it.

who149

I'd be intrested- Need some time to decide what I want though.

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

So have we decided on a Point Value yet? I found a 2.0 generator, and I figure I can go from there, and make any changes that need to be made. Can't be THAT different, right?

Thorn14

Curious as well, although I need to know what the setting or whatever is.

If all the themes and such are all jumbled and everywhere, I wont know what to do.

who149

Alright. I think I'm going to go with a dynamic sorcerer (maybe with a student cross-class)

My scores are a 12, 14, 11, 9, 15
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

avorae

Quote from: who149 on January 13, 2011, 02:44:47 PM
Alright. I think I'm going to go with a dynamic sorcerer (maybe with a student cross-class)

My scores are a 12, 14, 11, 9, 15

Who149... this is actually a BESM third edition not BESM D20.