You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 09:12:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Life Magazine: Pictoral history of the HIV pandemic.  (Read 728 times)

Offline DarklingAliceTopic starter

Life Magazine: Pictoral history of the HIV pandemic.
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:41:54 PM »
Life's website has put together a slide-show of important moments in the history of the HIV pandemic to mark World AIDS Day. For me, it is interesting to take a look back at what has been happening outside the lab and remember what we are fighting and why. For others, it might provide insight into a history that we are generally annoyingly silent about.

Regardless, it is a little bit heartbreaking:

Offline Blitzy

• In a world full of color, I'll always be black and white.
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Howling's Baby
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 13
Re: Life Magazine: Pictoral history of the HIV pandemic.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »
I was reading many of these outloud to my mother until I got to the one with Princess Diana. I choked up and had to stop reading.

My cousin is HIV positive. He has been since 1989-1990. He is the reason I am vocal about HIV/AIDS prevention/treatment and about GLBT issues. Reading these doesn't bring the issue closer to my heart, as it's already nearly as close as it can be, but it does make me somber.