Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

Why do animals "Simply have to" follow her around?  It kind of says no free will there...

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

WerewolfofLondon

It's not a case of no free will. The best way I can describe it would be if a dog smells a rabbit or food and is drawn to it.

Secretwriter

So long as they have a choice and they're not following her around like something from a Disney cartoon, then we're cool.  :3 

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

WerewolfofLondon

Kendra

Okay this is my angle ...
Shapeshifters are great characters - no doubt about it, take the most amazing Mystique and we need say no more on the subject ;)
However ... we have two specific shapeshifters already and I know over time we will have more.
Now personally I do love shapeshifters but that's just me, so I look forward to future applications BUT ... for there to be room for future shapeshifters, I believe that each particular one must be limited specifically.

Your particular character Wild-Cat could perhaps ONLY change to felines and never change to anything else. Have only feline animals feel that strange magnetism towards her instead of all other animals and be able to communicate specifically with felines and no other creature. I mean she is Wild-Cat after all not Wild-Dog or Wild-Parakeet ...

WerewolfofLondon

Secretwriter

With Kendra's condition met - one I was pondering myself - I give the character my approval.

WerewolfofLondon

Kendra

If you edit your bio to show these conditions - you are approved by all 3 to move it over to the main bio thread ;)

WerewolfofLondon

Amelita

I simply must give it a shot... I figure you'll just turn her away if you don't like her or if there's no room for a girl ;)

Character:

Code-Name: Glow
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: female
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: College Sophomore

Appearance:

Hair: Blond, wavy, almost down to her waist
Eyes: green/blue
Skin: fair
Weight: 105 lbs
Height: 5'3
Other: Character model: Amanda Seyfried

Date Of Birth: November 10th 1991
Place Of Birth: North Dakota
Citizenship: US

Information:

Personality:
Em is a flirty, confident girl with a cheeky attitude and a very, very big heart to go with it. She likes people, despite her history, and has never had any problems making friends. She's a smart girl with good grades and a high standard for her own studies. She tends to take people at face value and takes a little time deciding if they are worth letting into her heart or not, but once you're there... She'd walk fire... uh... ice-water for you any day.

Background: On a dark November night in a small town in North Dakota, a young girl gave birth to a child on the steps of the town health care clinic. The frosted ground melted under her body as the child pushed its way into the world, screaming and blazing. The mother lay helpless, long exhausted from twelve hours of unassisted labor and her only thought was to get to the doctor to save the child. Her body tore with the flaming heat of a life not ready to calm down, a tiny but furious person who stayed alive only because of her smoldering hot skin when the mother faded and died. The next morning, people found the terrifying sight of the girl, alone on the steps and in devastating shape. The child was nowhere to be seen.

Meanwhile, a couple rode down the highway with the newborn. They were of her kind, but with no intention of keeping her as their own. They meant to take her to a man who was later known as Professor X, knowing the child would never be safe and happy in the small community it was born into. The couple didn't succeed in their plan, and following a strange turn of events, the child ended up in a home with three other mutant children who'd all been abandoned.

The 'parents' raised Em, then by the name Red, with brutal discipline till the age of five when their abusive behavior finally got attention and the children were taken away. Little Red got placed with a middle aged woman named Melody, a lovely, caring mutant with the remarkable ability to produce music from any biological object. She named the child Emily and gave her the last name Turner, her own name. Aunt Melody taught and trained Em to use and control her power from the very first day they had together. She believed strongly in mutant rights and the idea that their powers are a gift that shall not be wasted or taken for granted.

Fourteen years later, Em has gained some control of her power but the element of it makes it difficult and when angered or very upset she shifts without being able to stop it properly. Sometimes she manages to almost stop it and then only her hands or hair begins to shift. Her powers bloomed at puberty as for many mutants, and Melody has tried her best to keep up and offer guidance, but now she's finally reached out to Xavier for help. Em's powers are simply too flammable ( ::) ) for her to be able to help anymore. What used to be heating of her skin and minor bursts of heat when angered, has now developed into what's described below. Em's mood has too much affect on the outbursts and the force of them is growing with every passing month. Both Melody and Em are hoping Xavier's school can provide the means for Em to control herself...

Mother:

Name: Unknown
Race: unknown

Father:

Name: Unknown
Race: unknown

Other Relatives:
unknown, but does have an adopted aunt Melody, a mutant who took her in when she was a kid.

Powers:
Her skin and hair heats up to the point of shifting into what can only be described as smoldering lava. She doesn't breathe fire or look on fire, but if she touches a flammable surface with her fingertips or palms, it will catch fire. If she smacks her hands together it makes a small explosion, and her breath when in that state is tinged with ash. Her hair is the only part of her that actually looks like fire (from shoulders down) and the ends can cause accidental fires. (She keeps it tied or braided when she uses her power on purpose.)

Power Limitations:
She's warm to the touch but not hot enough to burn a person who touches her unless she's very upset. Her power is muted by a cold enough surface or liquid. ("Take a cold shower!") Her skin is very sensitive/vulnerable for an hour or so after she shifts back to 'normal'.

Hobbies and Interests:
Dancing, singing, ice-skating, snowboarding and boys. Not necessarily in that order ::)

OOC Ons and Offs:   Mine.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Secretwriter

The only problem I have with it is that we're avoiding people being able to fully control their power. That's what they're at Xavier's for. ::)

Amelita

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Secretwriter

You have that she has been learning to control her powers for fourteen years and that she has a good control of them.  She wouldn't really have a need to go to Xavier's. 

We're trying to create an environment where we're people are learning to control things, though as a sophomore she might have more control than younger people, she still wouldn't have complete control over things. Not with how we're trying to lead the game.

Adonis

In order to please both of you luscious ladies, here is my proposal on the minor detail problems. 99.999% of the time, mutations take root at the onset of puberty, but on rare occasions, kids show ever so slightly from birth. Why not take the details in this order. From birth, she only showed as much as being hot to the touch (scalding if she's throwing a tantrum or something). It's not until puberty that her powers really come into themselves and she goes all WTFLAVAHAIRS (maybe she catches her first bf cheating and goes all fire pubes on him or something). That way, the training experience is there for the same reasons, and at the same age, but once she hits puberty, it's too much for the loverly Melody to handle, and she has to have Xavier step (roll) in and take over the training at the school.

This way we can leave the bio almost exactly the same, with the exception of a few minor details, and the game keeps the whole training aspect of them not having that level of control just yet.

Would this be a viable solution?
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Secretwriter

It sounds perfect to me - It keeps her from having to change the base/root of her character and she can still have her powers that she wants. It also makes me happy because she's not as in control of it and it gives her a chance to grow Aka something to rp doing besides sex, which is why we have the level of control being lowered in place to start with

Kendra

My approval granted providing the limitations as set by Adonis are put in place.  8-)

Amelita

When I posted "How's this?" I actually changed 'control' to 'some control', Secret ;) Which is what I assume all the kids there have... But I'm okay with having her powers mature at puberty. Sounds reasonable.

I'll make another slight edit and see what you think. Edited. How does she look now? :)

Secretwriter

Looks good to me! Since you already have the others approval pending changes, you can go ahead and move her to the bio thread. ^.^

Adonis

As of right now, I/we ask that there be NO MORE EMPATHS or EMPATH TYPES. We're full up on them, in a major way, and for the sake of creativity, I'm asking for a little originality !
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

RedEve

General question:

I'm considering basing my character's powers on Ms. Marvel's (though obviously on a smaller scale and with less mastery of her abilities).
Would this be considered an acceptable power template for a character in this thread?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Secretwriter

No. We're not allowing people to use canon abilities as their own.

RedEve

Okay. So how does it work? Is any ability that a canon character possesses off limits?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Secretwriter

Due to other situations, Redeve, I'm shutting this thread down. I appreciate your interest but we have more than enough people as it is. <3  This has nothing to do with you applying, Redeve, but instead some things that went down in the game itself.  We're at a spot where we're very full on women and also we have so many characters that we need to regroup before opening the applications back up.

At a certain point, a game requires more GM's and also gets hard to manage. The GM's need to have a discussion.

Adonis

Recruitment for Xavier's is now open once again.  All applications are welcome, but the selection of those approved will be..er... well... selective lol.

Positions needing to be filled:

Faculty & Staff

Professor of Philosophy
Professor of Performing Arts
School Psychiatrist

Students

High school Juniors
College Freshman
College Sophmores

What we are *looking for* in a character:

1. Believability (Do you shoot lazers from your ass? If yes, please don't bother.)
2. Realistic power & Control for the age of the student. (This does not mean your character can be 407 years old and a freshman because they dont age.)
3. NON-CANON with NON-CANON powers. You are allowed ONE major power, and TWO minors. Anything more powerful than this will be IGNORED. Please do not waste our time, or yours by wanting to play something ridiculous, such as undead, ET, or baby Jesus (as examples).
4. Power wise, we're full up on empaths, so those of ya wanting to dominate all emotions, you're kinda SoL for now.

Most importantly, we're looking for those of you willing to work with us as GM's to find an acceptable way to mold the character to fit both the rules that are set forth in the directory, as well as the uniqueness that you may offer to the game. Be creative !

*Edit* If you would rather PM the character sheet/concept to the GM's instead of posting it here, please make *SURE* that it goes to all four GM's (Adonis, Kendra, Lady Lunarius, and Secretwriter).
O/O's