Back and Looking for Roleplay

Started by Sinna Mystika, November 27, 2010, 06:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinna Mystika

Well, finally got around to getting a proper computer so I can do this the right way.

I'm looking to start an RP that takes place in something of a medieval time, though fairly fantastical. Anthropomorphic characters and the like. I'm looking for something of a smallish group. Larger if more people are interested.

I get fairly detailed with background, so just ask away. I don't believe there's a question I don't have an answer to in some shape or form.

It will start as a simple coincidental meeting of various people in various places. It will lead to a journey. Who knows what could happen along the way??

lorcan

Hmm well  what kind of plot do you have in mind and do you have any history for the world and nations and cities that exist?

Sinna Mystika

It's a time back when wars weren't uncommon among neighboring nations. (As if that's changed.) Depending on the number of people who play, the beginning may have to be hacked out a bit before starting. Generally, a pub is a good place to meet. Perhaps a character or two already knew each other.

The main trading city, Tahlis, is just what a trading city sounds like. Hustle and bustle from dawn to dusk. Traders and merchants all filling the air with their cries, trying to get business and chasing off the ragamuffins and pickpockets. There is the smell of food, beer, leather, and sweat everywhere you go. The pubs are never too far off, nor are the inns. As a matter of fact, the one is often a part of the other. A beggar may stop and ask for money as his friend tries to pick your pocket. Merchants will shove their wares in your face, bragging about how it's the best to be had and the least expensive.

There's talk in the Bull's Head Tavern. Well, there's talk everywhere. They say there's a terror in the mountains and the Emperor is willing to pay a fine price for its head. He collects anything that is unique or hard to come by, and he want this thing badly. Nobody knows what it is, just that it destroys entire villages in one fell swoop. It only comes down from the mountains twice a year on the Summer and Winter Solstice, but you never know where it will strike.

A band of strangers decides the best way to take this creature down is with a group. After all, nobody has tried in more than groups of two or three. Perhaps a larger group would be more successful.

There are villages to pass through on the way. It is a long journey to the mountains. A treacherous journey. Highway robbers, wolves, raiders, and other horrors of the wild will always try to run travelers down.

It takes place in a world I've been creating for quite some time, but never really used. The Emperor rules a large part of the continent, though by no means most. Some few of the nations have no government at all. Some are simply smaller versions of the Empire, though constantly at war with it. The only neutral ground, at least to the public eye, is Tahlis. Of course, there are still unspeakable things happening out of sight in back alleys and in the "slums." The Empire is involved in some of it, as all governments tend to be.

lorcan

Hmm so far sounds interesting, will there be a system behind this or freeform?

Sinna Mystika

Define "system" as it applies to this.

lorcan

Like DND  & Pathfinder for example.

Sinna Mystika

Not really. Mostly freeform, though I draw the line at immortals and such. I do not believe in "HULK SMASH!!" characters that are practically indestructible and can always demolish their target. The Terror is an exception.

lorcan

Cool and yeah pcs like that can be a bit boring and just annoying but if their the enemy npcs then that just means there that much more fun to overcome. Hmm so would characters be a group of rookies or more seasoned heroes and such.

Sinna Mystika

Probably a couple of vets who've been fighting since they were old enough to hold a sword. A rook or two who think they're hot stuff. An assassin or three.

lorcan

Excellent id like to be one of the Veterans if you wouldnt mind one who runs the Thieves Guild if thats alright with you?

Sinna Mystika

:-) Sounds great to me. Name?? General character personality?? Species?? As much detail as you'd like to give.

lorcan

Name: Will "Stealthfeet" ashford known as  Stealthfeet throughtout the underground. only his childhood friends know his birth name.
Race: Human
Personality: For the most part tends to be rather laid back and can be accused of being lazy at times but when it does come time for him to get serious he becomes focused and kind of dour. but after that he goes right back to his fivroulous laid back self.

thats what i got for right now.

Sinna Mystika

How is he built?? How tall is he?? Sorry, I have this detail fixation.

lorcan

No problem, some toned muscle but looks  deceptively lanky. Short dirty blond hair and bright green eyes  about 5ft tall and tends to black dyed leather pants and tunic and boots and a cloak. Two visible kukri's at his hips and wrapped around his leather gloves one on each hand Cestus.

Sinna Mystika

:-)I like it!! He sounds almost how I pictured him, even. What's his specialty?? Stealth, yes. But does he scout or loot?? That sort of thing.

lorcan

Well he tends to be a jack of all trades given his time and rise to a guild leader but his real skill is assaniation as it is his responsibility to personally train the assassins for his guild. which obvioulsy are meant to be the elites of the organization.

Sinna Mystika

Ooooohhhhh!! Handy, isn't he?? How old is he??

lorcan

Sinna Mystika

Good, solid age, though old for the time. Did he ever marry??

lorcan

No but would have  left some broken hearts behind and possibly children behind that he does not know about but he would look at it as such long term attractions as a liability

Sinna Mystika

I see. Well, he sounds very well-rounded for a character. Sounds almost real.

lorcan

Thanks to be honest that all just came from the top of my head.

Sinna Mystika

The best ones do, dear. I often know nothing about my character until someone starts asking questions. Then, I weave a whole backstory and everything in minutes. It's great fun!!

lorcan

Yep, so any basic ideas for you character or you taking a gm like role?

Sinna Mystika

*grins* Alana is her name. An assassin, much like yours, but she isn't usually for hire. She goes after the bad guys, not the perceived bad guys. Child and wife beaters, rapists, highway robbers. Those sorts. She tends to keep to herself, but for the reason of not being known. She ran away from home to avoid marriage. All of twenty-two years old, she's willowy. About 5' 7" and slight, she can slip through the shadows like she's made from them. She prefers to do scouting for commission. And tracking. Pale with pale hair, she wears something like a catsuit of an odd, deep blue cloth. Over that, she wears a heavy, black traveling cloak to hide her paleness. Dark brown leather boots made so they hardly make a noise. Not unlike moccasins, actually.