Yahoo

Started by Beguile's Mistress, November 25, 2010, 09:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

Yahoo appears to be up to its tricks again, blocking messages sent from the elliquiy site.

Lilias

I assume you mean YMail, and not messenger?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beguile's Mistress

Yes.  I'm sorry.  The email notifications I usually get have stopped.  The last I received was at 3:35 am Eastern time (GMT +5)

Lilias

Yahoo has been falling apart piecemeal for years. It was nicknamed Yahell even back in 2002, when I got onto the bandwagon. If they've blocked us, it's not the first time. Emails can arrive hours later, or turn up in the spam folder, regardless of your filters.

The best tip I have for those who still use YMail is... get Gmail, or another free webmail (I recommend GMX).
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vekseid

We're still getting deferral notifications again. Is this still chronic?

Beguile's Mistress

Funny you should ask.  The last message I received was at 5:26 am my time this morning. (GMT -5)

It started working again within a day of my first post.  I kept getting emails from the lag time over the next day and now it's happening again.  Checking the Updated Topics List there are three there that didn't get sent that should have been sent after 5:26.