You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 09:59:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Yahoo  (Read 599 times)

Offline Beguile's MistressTopic starter

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Yahoo
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:50:41 AM »
Yahoo appears to be up to its tricks again, blocking messages sent from the elliquiy site.

Offline Lilias

Re: Yahoo
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
I assume you mean YMail, and not messenger?

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:44:36 AM »
Yes.  I'm sorry.  The email notifications I usually get have stopped.  The last I received was at 3:35 am Eastern time (GMT +5)

Offline Lilias

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »
Yahoo has been falling apart piecemeal for years. It was nicknamed Yahell even back in 2002, when I got onto the bandwagon. If they've blocked us, it's not the first time. Emails can arrive hours later, or turn up in the spam folder, regardless of your filters.

The best tip I have for those who still use YMail is... get Gmail, or another free webmail (I recommend GMX).

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 02:05:20 AM »
We're still getting deferral notifications again. Is this still chronic?

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »
Funny you should ask.  The last message I received was at 5:26 am my time this morning. (GMT -5)

It started working again within a day of my first post.  I kept getting emails from the lag time over the next day and now it's happening again.  Checking the Updated Topics List there are three there that didn't get sent that should have been sent after 5:26.