News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Warhammer 40K: Wrath of Chaos

Started by Krayz, November 24, 2010, 02:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

*opens mouth to describe another time when the SWs clashed with the imperium*
*shuts it*

we are straying off topic again XD

Krayz

And Daddy has discovered that the Blood Angels have a 5th edition Codex...

Successor Chapter, here I come!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Krayz on December 09, 2010, 09:10:21 PM
And Daddy has discovered that the Blood Angels have a 5th edition Codex...

Successor Chapter, here I come!
wut?  :P

Krayz

I didn't know that there had ever been a more thorough Codex done for the Blood Angels than the one from the Games Workshop magazine.

I'm gonna make a Captain for a Blood Angels Successor Chapter :D

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Krayz on December 09, 2010, 10:31:41 PM
I didn't know that there had ever been a more thorough Codex done for the Blood Angels than the one from the Games Workshop magazine.

I'm gonna make a Captain for a Blood Angels Successor Chapter :D
oh lol. there are lots of sucessors, they are neat, and there is quite abit out about them, the Book of Blood from BL is a must have for any blood angel lover :P

Primarch

Hey Kevben, checked my Deathwatch book, Space Wolf Relics used by the Deathwatch are:

Frost Blades & Wolf Pelts (same as from the codex) but also Runic Totems, those being:
Totem of the Bloodied Hunter (increases damage when raging basically)
Totem of the Sea Wolf (improves driving)
Totem of the Sun (increases awareness)

There is also Deathwatch Relics usable by any members who are respected enough
Adamantine Mantle (negates some armour penetration, increases ability to feint & when you take a defensive stance puts an extra penalty on people trying to attack you in close combat)
Deathwatch Relic Blade (2 handed Power Weapon, automatically destroys any weapon without a power field used to parry an attack from it, or it parries an attack from, 25% to destroy a non relic power weapon)
Skapulan Bolter (hardest hitting bolter of its size (standard bolter size), never jams, comes with Fire Selector, Targeter and Bayonet equivalent to a Master Crafted combat knife. 4% chance to re-roll a missed shot as the (over one hundred) machine spirits inside demand perfection)

On another note, reading over my Deathwatch book has put me in the mood to play one, so once I'm finished my Inquisitor you'll be getting a brother marine, likely a Black Templar : D 

Krayz

His character is still in the Deathwatch?

Primarch

Quote from: Krayz on December 10, 2010, 04:39:24 PM
His character is still in the Deathwatch?

I had assumed so....on another note, my character is finished. I gave him a retinue, as an Inquisitor Lord has to have one.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Primarch on December 10, 2010, 05:11:24 PM
I had assumed so....on another note, my character is finished. I gave him a retinue, as an Inquisitor Lord has to have one.
Ahhh, that right. His history isn't all that done yet and needs some tidying up, but he's done with the Deathwatch and back to serving his Chapter. Sorry Primarch if this looks like you wasted your time looking that all up.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

CountessJess

Well, hello...If it's not too late, could I join in? I'm not that busy right now (got free from some of my other RPs), and I keep on missing WH40k group RPs. So...pretty please? I can make an Angry Marine character.

If I'm too late, then, well, good luck and have fun! =)

Krayz

Well, I'm still here (though I haven't been very on top of things >_<)

Just putting way more effort than is healthy (xD) into the details for my Chapter.

I just feel its necessary to remind you that Space Marines are male only, Jess. Aside from that, I'll give a hesitant-and-withdrawable-yes.

Reignlief

Is it still possible to join this rp or is it too late? I always love the chance to be in a 40k rp as I have seen so few of them. Especialy when I possibly have the chance to play a sister of battle.

Krayz

My constant delaying means there's still plenty of time to join up, Reign.

Whether or not I still have people interested, however...

Primarch

I'm still in, although it would be quite reassuring to know when we'll be starting, roughly at least.

Miles Trent

I'd ask the same thing as Primarch, because Im now slightly more free with most of my assignments over and done with. Home stretch for me before Christmas so my schedule is a bit more open now.

Working on an epic profile which will be ready by the weekend. Tanks rule.  ::)
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Reignlief

Decided to make your bog standard Imperial Guard sniper. Or not so standard is its probably turning out to be. I also dislike being high ranks.

Name: Bronwynn Caladiea.
Species: Human, Elysian.

Biography: ((To be added as i think of it))

Appearance:

It should be noted that her armour cameleoline layer adopting the colours and hues of her surrounds.
Under her hood, her hair is shoulder length and a light red almost fiery colour, this is normally kept tied in a bun in the Field, however when not in the Field she tends to let it fall loose.

Wargear:
Las Pistol, standard side arm of any lower rank Imperial Guard officer.

Long las pattern sniper rifle. Modified scope allowing for nighttime sniping.

Mk. XII flak battle suit. It has been noted that she refused the Mk IV combat pack and type 5 pressure helmet also usually issued to Elysian troops due to her needs as a sniper.

She always carries a short blade instead of the usual bayonet, the blades handle is wooden and undecorated, whilst the blade is an elongated leaf shape, almost ideal for stabbing into something.

One unusual item she carries is a small battered Imperial Lightning Fighter model, she refuses to speak of why to anyone she does not count a Friend.

Krayz

The Angels of the Watch
Founding Chapter: Blood Angels
Founding: 7th Founding
Chapter Master: Michael
Home World: the Angels of the Watch’s fleet
Fortress Monastery: Sanguinus’ Vigil
Main Colours: Dark red with black shoulder pads
Specialty: Counterattacks, assaults
Battle Cry: “Sanguinius’ watch never ceases!”
Estimated Strength: +/- 1000 Space Marines

The Angels of the Watch are a successor chapter of the Blood Angels Space Marine Chapter. The history of the Angels of the Watch is, like much to do with the Blood Angels themselves, a mystery to most outsiders, but what is known is that their founding members devoted themselves to warding the Imperium formed by the struggles of the revered Emperor and their father Sanguinius. And so the Angels set forth in their newly-made Chapter fleet, dubbed the Roaming Heavens, and declared their protection of the children of man.

The Angels of the Watch, isolated often within their space-faring fortresses, have developed many rituals and customs in addition to those adopted from their Blood Angel progenitors. The most noteworthy of these is the tradition that newly-inducted Angels of the Watch abandon their names of birth and take those of mythic angels from ancient traditions. Meanwhile, the companies and other organizations of the Chapter are called Orders and named for particularly powerful angels. Symbolically, the leaders of the Orders adopt the name of the angel which is the patron of their order, making the leader of the order something of an eternal figure. The Chapter Master himself is simply dubbed “Michael”, who in ancient Terran mythology was the commander of the Heavenly Host, and greatest of the archangels.

The constant travel of the Angels of the Watch provides them with fairly regular reinforcement for a chapter of Adeptes Astartes. Each Battle Barge or Strike Cruiser is capable of beginning the genetic modification and training of new Space Marines, but all Neophytes eventually find themselves upon the decks of the Skies of Eden, where the Order of Metatron makes its home. There the neophytes, not yet inducted into the chapter, continue their training when not called for battle duty in the Scout squads. The Skies of Eden, fittingly, also serve as the home of the Order of Raphael, which is vital in the process of creating new Angels of the Watch.

Each Battle Barge and Strike Cruiser has with it at least one Chaplain, with others traveling between ships as needed. Typically, several Strike Cruisers and one Battle Barge travel together through the endless expanses of the Imperium, the Strike Cruisers breaking off as necessary to perform tasks. Perhaps the most active of the Strike Cruisers is Azrael’s Book; this ship is unique among the fleet, for it is purely at the beck and call of the Order of Azrael, their home and means of transportation, and out of the hands of the fleet commander Jophiel. Only Michael himself may overrule Azrael on the activities of the Book.  Like the Chaplains, the Order of Raziel is spread out among the various ships, with an Epistolary on every Battle Barge, [/i]Azrael’s Book[/i], and two of the other Strike Cruisers. The various Codiciers and Lexicaniums are spread evenly for the most part, with two Codiciers typically taking the place of an Epistolary on a Strike Cruiser.

For the most part, the Battle Companies are expected to be self-sufficient; the spread-out nature of the Angels of the Watch typically forces an individual Order to be able to handle a situation on its own unless a crisis worth the attention of multiple companies appears. The Tactical, Assault and Devastator Companies are rarely used outside of truly epic campaigns, in which as many reinforcements as deemed necessary might be assigned to assist a Battle Company.

Organization of the Angels of the Watch

The Assault on Marius VII

When the planet of Marius VII, home of an Inquisitorial Conclave and staging area of the Imperial Guard, was struck by a terrible Black Crusade, the Angels of the Watch were one of the many Space Marine chapters to answer the call for retribution issued by the combined voice of the Emperor's Inquisition. The fleet-based nature of the chapter made it a simple matter to muster the necessary forces to engage in the campaign. The talent for assault that the Angels of the Watch had inherited from their Blood Angel founders, combined with their mandate of protection, made the retaking of Marius VII the perfect campaign for the chapter.

Chapter Master Michael, Archangel of the Watch and Champion of the Host, put two of the Chapter's Strike Cruisers, the
Crimson Rain and the Wings of the Watch, under the command of Camael and his Order, equivalent of the 5th Company in another Chapter. In addition to regular troops and representatives from the Orders of Raziel, Raphael, Gabriel and Arkiel, Camael was granted command of several squads from the Orders of Zerachiel, Sariel and Uriel, as well as Neophytes from the Order of Metatron. Half a dozen Thunderhawk Gunships, and a full dozen Stormravens were added to Camael's force to support his troops in their role as assault troops. Last of all, the Archangel of the Watch assigned a squad of the legendary Order of Zadkiel to serve as Camael's personal guard.

With the might of two full companies mustered behind him, the Bearer of the Burning Blade set forth to purify Marius VII and take it back from the foul hands of the Chaos Gods. Girded in their faith and strength of characters, the Angels once more traveled the heavens to maintain the vigil of Sanguinius...

[I'll have a character sheet for Camael set up tomorrow]