News:

Main Menu

Green Lantern 2011

Started by Callie Del Noire, November 20, 2010, 07:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I hereby put aside my worries about the GL choices.. (don't give them up.. but merely set them aside till more teasers come along. :D

Green Lantern Movie Trailer

CaringGuy

It seems unfair to judge a movie based off of a comic property when you were never a fan of the comic to begin with, but I'm going to go ahead and stick my nose in here anyways.  While in the theater seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the trailer for this film came up and I wasn't terribly impressed.

Then again, many of the concepts are very foreign to me.  The creatures and aliens just seemed to out there and strange to be taken seriously next to the real world clips with Hal Jordan.  Maybe I'll change my mind once I actually get to see some more of the actual film, but it just comes across as very campy and CGI heavy at this point in time.  I'm being reminded of my first impressions of the original Fantastic Four trailer, and that's a never good sign in my mind.

This could very well end up like Hellboy II: The Golden Army and exceed all of the low-expectations I had for it, but only time will tell.  Right now it looks like the awkward love child of Iron Man and Star Wars. 

"There's water in the tap."  Smoooootth man.  Real smoooootth.

midnight diamond

Zomg! I loved that trailer! <3 You cannot go wrong with Ryan Reynolds.