You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:44:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Suggestion for avatars.  (Read 626 times)

Offline CalypsoShadeTopic starter

Suggestion for avatars.
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »
I was looking through all of the avatars under 'females' and I noticed that all of them are white, except one woman who might have been Mexican. Can we please have women of color to choose as avatars?

Offline Lilias

Re: Suggestion for avatars.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 02:09:01 PM »
The avatar libraries are pretty much standard issue (I have seen the same images on several forums) and I'm not sure if they can be tampered with. But if they don't cover your preferences, by all means upload and use an image of your own choice.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 02:23:11 PM »
Just a bit of extra info on avatars:

http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=34268.msg1781568#msg1781568

Short version:  Keep it appropriate, and keep it at or below 150wx200h. 

Lots of people upload their own avatars, and if you're looking for something and having trouble finding it, drop a note in the 'Finders and Seekers' sub-board.  You'll probably have plenty to choose from before you know it.

Offline CalypsoShadeTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »
Yes, I saw that I can upload my own avatar. It's not so much that I need to upload one, as I would like for the forum to feel more inclusive. If it can be tampered with, I sincerely hope my suggestion is taken into consideration.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:35:38 PM by CalypsoShade »

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 07:01:22 PM »
All someone needs to do  is make an avatar directory for me to upload, or point me to one.  I've been finally getting into rendering again and of course you can use anything I render for avatars here. Shanakdakhete and  Onyxray are African (Nubian/Ethiopian, specifically, though one is an elf >_>). Only have a few humans planned, though.

Given the amount of Asian and African women here I certainly don't want them to feel left out.