Plots & IdeasSetting/Worlds
Nearly a thousand years ago humanity began to explore the stars. It was a slow journey that for many years led to few results. Until one day they ran into a fleet of ships wandering the black. The first meeting was difficult, the two parties finding each other so terribly different. It was discovered that the aliens, the M'r'ai, had to leave their planet and wandered the stars in search for a new home. Diplomacy was reached after many years of peace talks. From there the two peoples grow closer and closer as they wander the black. Together they find a planet that is hospitable for both the humans and the M'r'ai, and name it Katiya.
From there the two people evolve and grow together, going to new world and building new colonies across the sky. Katiya is the oldest, and richest of the colonies. It is home to many billions of humans, M'r'ai, and and M'ran (a name for the half human half M'r'ai people). It is the center of their shared culture, and shared government. (I have a few different ideas for the M'r'ai appearance so I didn't add any description. I am open to any and all ideas for plots as long as they take place primarily on Katiya.)PlotsDragon Witches
- Dragons and humans have lived in harmony for generations, but it hasn’t always been that way. For generations dragons were hunted by human, and humans were slaughtered by dragons. Until about five hundred years ago a group of woman sought counsel with the dragon elders. They promised to devote their lives to creating and maintaining peace between the dragons and the humans. The woman forged the Dragon Human Peace Pact outlining the various rules and agreements both peoples must adhere to. The woman who forged the DHPP were gifted by the dragons magic tattoos that gave them many of the abilities of dragons; long live, good health and most importantly the ability to work magic. These women were forced to live away from humans and care for the dragon’s young in their first few years. As time past the Dragon Witches, as they came to be known among humans, grew closer to the dragons they protected, and away from the humans who did not understand them. Above all they became symbols of peace, being raised to believe that peace between the two races was their most important duty.
The human race has progressed rapidly with the help of the dragon’s gifted minds, and strong bodies. Most of human society lives in giant cities as most manual labor is done by machinery/robots. Many groups of humans believe that the DHPP should be done away with as they now possess the technology to easily destroy them, and they have little use for them now. The Dragon Witches catch wind of the discussions and decide to send two of their members to the city to try to convince the humans not to go down this path. Or if they can not to destroy the technology and all records of it. (I would be playing one of the dragon witches. In my original idea I was looking for a partner to play the other dragon witch going to the city, but I am open to other suggestions. This story could lead to the second dragon-human war. All up for negotiation.)Friends in War
- They’re descends from two powerful witch families, members of a coven going back hundreds of years. One the direct descendant of the founder of a Massachusetts based British coven. The other’s family a recent addition to the Massachusetts coven, their origins in a Louisiana based French (I’d be open to making it voodoo, but only to someone who actually is knowledgeable about Voodoo and/or Vudon and/or Yoruba.) coven. They grew up together, friends for as long as they can remember. Each powerful witches in their own right, believed to be the most powerful witches in many generations. Threat of war with another more powerful coven hangs over them and their coven, and from there everything around them changes. They’re expected to face this war, lead their coven into battle, but they are barely adults and by no means masters of their powers. Will they stay and face the threat head on, or flee to a safe life among normal people?The Eleven Guard
- On a day like any other a young woman’s life goes totally. She is a shapeshifter, and as far as she knows, the only one. When walking home she senses something, something not quite right in the air. Without thought or hesitation she takes off into the forest and shifts into her animal form. After several hours of running she slows and notices a wall, and beyond it a great city. The young woman (back in human form) curious and tired enters the city, a city the likes of which she has never seen. The people are dressed in odd clothing and they all seem to stare at her, as if it is unusual to receive visitors in such an enormous city. After only a few moments of wandering the city two men in suits of armor grab her and dragged her up to castle that stood above the city. (What happens next? Message me and find out.) On the Run
- A nun begins to have strange dreams about a mysterious woman coming to the monastery. The one rainy night the mysterious woman shows up injured and begging for sanctuary, the woman from the nun’s dream. The Mother Superior puts the young nun in charge of rehabilitating the foreign woman. After a short period a group of (knights or government agents if modern setting) come to the monastery asking questions about a female fugitive that may have been in the area. As the nun and the woman grow closer (and maybe overcome a language barrier) it seems the older nuns know more then they are sharing with the young nun. As it turns out the woman’s arrival was foretold in ancient religious texts. A text that spoke of two guardians of an ancient artifact. The same artifact that the (knights/agent) were looking for, and the woman (An agent/knight for an opposing side) was tracking down to hide from them (having no real knowledge of what it was). Once the foreigner is rehabilitated the Mother Superior reveals some of the secrets and sets them out to the journey of their lives. (Setting is up for debate.)Fay changeling
- The queen of the faeries is at war with the king of the realm. In attempt to infiltrate the kingdom she sends out changelings identical to human babies. For the first twenty years of their life they think they are human, but as they reach that age they reach twenty they begin to become aware of who they are and are drawn to the faerie home. Each changeling is taught of the war and their mission. This takes less than a day in the real world but in the realm of the faeries years can pass. These changeling possess the ability to move from human to fay effortlessly. When they return they are taught to slowly tear apart the town they are born in. One changeling though falls in love with her childhood friend. Though worse still her childhood friend has fallen for her. Confused and unsure as what to do she begs the woman to flee with her. In desperation the fay reveals her true state. (This is an old story of mine and I'm looking for someone interested in stepping back into the role of the changeling.)