You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 10:28:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Original Sci-Fi/Fantasy RPs  (Read 1172 times)

Offline KaylaMTopic starter

Original Sci-Fi/Fantasy RPs
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
While I'm in holding formation pending approval, I may as well make the most of things. I'm looking around for a little RP; specifically sci-fi or fantasy themed. I've got a few specific ideas, but mainl aimed towards relationship builing, character development, dialouge and conversational stuff. If anyone's interested or wants to work on ideas, let me know!

Offline Boudicca

Re: Original Sci-Fi/Fantasy RPs
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:55:04 AM »
Hi! :D I'm certainly up for some fantasy RP. What did you have in mind? :)

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »
I was thinking a low fantasy/sword-and-sorcery story myself. Two characters meet and decide to work together towards a common goal, such as stealing a valuable relic from an anchient temple or the like. Along the way they develop a friendship (or deeper relationship, depending, really) and get to know each other while fighting whatever gets thrown in their way.

Thoughts?

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:17:40 AM »
I like the sound of that. ^^ I think I'd be quite keen to play a  low-level mage or the like, would that work for you? Would you prefer I played a male or female?

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 08:33:55 AM »
A low-level mage would be a great idea - especially one who uses wits and cunning just as much as magical spells and abilities to survive. I was thinking that my character could be a sword-wielding warrior, the brawn to their brains or the like.

I generally prefer to play female characters, but I'm comfortable with playing a male one as well.... although I like the idea of my chracter being a tough-as-nails swordswoman to your male mage. How's that sound?

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 08:46:10 AM »
I think that sounds rather awesome. :) Now, I know we're both new to this... but do you happen to know where we go to start this up? :p

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »
I am *guessing* that one of us starts up a thread on the "non-Adult Roleplays" forum. Guessing.

Give me a bit and I'll type something up. Did you want to work on characters at all or just make it up as we go along?

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 09:12:24 AM »
Let's make it up as we go along. :D

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 09:22:42 AM »
Thread is up  - http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=88721.0 - and I have my first intro post (Hope it doesn't suck!). Feel free to knock yourself out.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »
Awesome. :D I replied to you! ^^

Offline ArtemisHighmore

• I've read every page but the last. Time to see how the story ends.
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • Sufferer of Wanderlust and Brontophilia
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 01:22:05 AM »
Good evening and welcome to E. Hope your enjoying the approval process. I am always seeking an extra game or two and so if you have the desire for one, whatever the story, please let me know. Would be happy to work one out with you to pass the time of approval.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 04:02:18 AM »
Well thanks for that! I have a couple of sci-fi and fantasy ideas; if any of them take your fancy, then let me know.

Sci-Fi: Supersoldier project
Sci-Fi: Test pilots
Sci-Fi: Post apocalyptic racing drivers
Fantasy: "Forbidden" relationship (eg Dark Elf/High Elf)
Fantasy: Dark Knights

But if you have other ideas along a similar vein, let me know!

Offline ArtemisHighmore

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 10:18:39 PM »
Your sci fi roles intrigue me as I have not part of any sci fi roles myself and always looking to enjoy new experiences. Do you have any more details on those three?

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »
Sure, let’s see what I have. All of these would be M/F pairings

Sci-Fi: Supersoldier project

A project to engineer “perfect” soldiers, humans that have been generically altered and upgraded with cybernetics and other technologies in addition to their training. The end result is “perfect” people, but with questions of if they are still human

Sci-Fi: Test pilots

Pretty much as it says; test pilots who fly experimental aircraft in an undefined point in the future. They live their lives with constant risk of death or injury as they push cutting-edge technology to its limits, but also need to work with each other and learn to put their lives in each other’s hands.

Sci-Fi: Post apocalyptic racing drivers

This one I admit... is a bit silly. Basically, At some point After The End, people race each other in highly modified cars armed with whatever they can lay their hands on. Winner takes all. Loser is lucky to be alive. Sort of Mad Max-ish

...also, since you last posted, I have been approved. So it’s your choice if you want to play non-adult or not. I;m happy either way.

Offline ArtemisHighmore

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
I am happy to do either non-adult or adult rp, whichever you are desiring. I do like all of the ideas that you have presented as they do invite some thought provoking, character development and interaction. The third one just seems like wild fun and not really sure how two could play into that. Is there one that you are particularly leaning towards?

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 05:21:56 AM »
Hmm... how about the supersoldiers one then? It's the one that's easily the most developed in my mind and I could go the furthest with. Certainly it's the one that I can see the most obvious avenues for interaction with.

I'd like to try it as an adult one if I may, just as a way of finding my feet. If that's all cool with you, I;ll set us up a thread.

Offline ArtemisHighmore

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
Sounds good to me. Please shoot me a pm with the link once you get it up. I look forward to it. :)

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
OK, its up. Sorry for taking so long. Link is here:

http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=88967.0

...one thing that I forgot to mention in the post that might help in the RP; to geti nto the project, you need to be a soldier who was badly injured in action. eg, losing a limb.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:11:55 PM by KaylaM »

Offline ArtemisHighmore

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »
Thank you for the post and the note. I shall read over it and get you a response swiftly.