You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 04:01:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: How About Some D&D?  (Read 3668 times)

Offline schnookums

Re: How About Some D&D?
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 02:48:00 AM »
Soooooo....if Powers and Pantheons is permitted can I play a Specialty Priest of Lurue? I played one for a decent amount of time back when I was still playing 2nd Edition and I really enjoyed playing her.

Offline OldSchoolGamerTopic starter

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 03:04:59 AM »
Soooooo....if Powers and Pantheons is permitted can I play a Specialty Priest of Lurue? I played one for a decent amount of time back when I was still playing 2nd Edition and I really enjoyed playing her.

Tell me more about the deity and the priesthood.

Offline schnookums

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 04:09:40 AM »
Well, Lurue herself is the goddess of talking animals and good magical creatures. She's mainly the patron of unicorns and pegasi, but she does have human (and humanoid) followers(the goddess herself being depicted as a Unicorn). She herself is a very whimsical goddess, given to wanderlust and the like and  Her priesthood is fairly loosely organized, with her priestesses working towards providing aid and comfort to the needy, helping dreamers and questers, encouraging the spread of joy and hope (they seem to me to be a bit quixotic, but that's just me.) Her priesthood tend to be struck with wanderlust and the like, very adventurous and that sort. (I'm trying to make a concise version of what they've got in Power's and Pantheons) I can give me detail from the book but that's a basic summery.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 12:20:30 PM »
Oh, cool!  The preists of the Lion and the Unicorn in the same party!  :) 

Offline schnookums

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2007, 04:24:10 PM »
Only if I get the okay to play her, which hopefully will happen

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
If we have two priests I won't play one also.

Offline schnookums

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »
Hmm, I hope I didn't derail your concept there, Ruby....

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
Don't be silly, ruby, you can never have too many priests! 

In my case, I'm more like a ranger with some healing spells, and a Silvermaid is more like a cavalier who talks to animals anyway.  ^_^;; 

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »
With all these priests, we should have some nice religious wars here.

"You god is wimpy! "

"My goddess can kick your god's ass! "

"No she can't! "

Offline schnookums

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »
Heh, so does that mean I can play my priestess of Lurue then?

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2007, 06:16:26 PM »
Heh, so does that mean I can play my priestess of Lurue then?

The prevalence of priests in the party neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.  I'm not going to reject any character (excepting elves) as long as the character is fair and within the scope of first level.  Now, not having enough wizards and warriors might make YOUR lives more complicated.  But I always leave it to players to negotiate out issues of party balance and composition.

Remember, evil characters are welcome too.

Offline schnookums

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2007, 07:59:47 PM »
I just figured I'd ask since you wanted info on the priesthood, you might have decided her religion did not fit in your world.

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2007, 08:05:34 PM »
I just figured I'd ask since you wanted info on the priesthood, you might have decided her religion did not fit in your world.

Ah...yes...I can pretty much fit any religion in...just a question of plot twists.  Actually I liked it.  Go ahead and get the character together and we'll go from there.