Goes by the alias of 'Taya'Age:
Appears to be in her early twentiesFaction:
Neither, she holds her own status as Iurus Formator aka Oath MakerAppearance:
It is hard to ascertain whether Taya's hair is sea-green with black highlights or the other way around. Strands soft as silk, her hair is slightly wavy and reaches just below her shoulders. Her hairstyle seems to always be changing, almost as if she can't decide how she likes it and is forever experimenting. Her features are fair and delicate, with pale skin and large gray eyes, her lips are full and slightly pouting.
Taya is usually seen wearing a light grey suede jacket with a black cropped top underneath, soft leather gloves adorn both of her hands. A simple pair of jean shorts with a dark grey belt is finished with a pair of black thigh high stockings and knee high boots. At a height of five feet, the heels tend to add a gratuitous few inches to her short frame. Around her neck, a pendant the same color of her hair is always seen. While her clothing may change from time to time, the pendant will always hang from its silver chain. Patterned with a swirl around the thin cylinder, the bottom is engraved with a trio of circles.
When using any of her abilities, Taya's appearance changes slightly. Sea-green hair bleaches to a silver-white, shoulder length strands lengthening dramatically as it reaches down her back in soft waves, stopping just below waist length. Grey eyes slowly glow to a pupil-less light green.Personality:
Always with a ready smile on her lips, at first glance Taya may come off as pleasant, bubbly, and perhaps even a bit childish at times. She wears this outer persona like a glove, and seems to have plenty more hidden away. When not 'working', she tends to be brooding somewhere or staring listlessly at the dreary landscape. All liveliness that she usually displays gone, replaced by an apathetic individual just waiting for the time to pass. Biography:
It is said that as long as there has been a Prince and Seraphim standing on opposing sides in Purgatory, so there has been an Iurus Formator. There are stories that say the Oath Maker stood in between the two factions, hindering them. Other versions claim that there had been times when the Oath Maker had sided with one or the other. Stories such as these are rampant as many continue to speculate of just what exactly the Oath Maker's motives are - if there are any at all.
All that is truly known, is that the Oath Maker will grant wishes and requests of any kind. However, the price is steep and many never truly find happiness or satisfaction in the results of the completed transaction. The other fact known is more of an assumption, the idea that the Oath Maker serves as a judge of sorts. An eternal spectator to the struggles within Purgatory, the Oath Maker seems to know when one is about to Rise or Fall, know when one's life is near its end, know when a soul is about to be wiped out forever...(Known only to Taya herself)
Oath Makers come and go with time though there is only ever one at a time. Taya knows nothing about the previous Iurus Formator save for the fact that they held the same position, the same job, the same ability of granting a wish or request. But why? She doesn't know.
Through the years she has spent in Purgatory, slowly she has begun to unravel a few mysteries of her own. When the previous Oath Maker had passed on, she had been chosen from the plethora of new souls entering Purgatory. Souls that had never been given a chance at life, souls whose lives had been cut short, souls with a strong will to live and survive. The soul of an aborted baby, Taya opened her eyes for the first time in her life and was greeted by the grey skies of Purgatory. She has never known childhood, having woken up as she is now - fully grown into womanhood.
She knew things that she could not have known and eventually settled on the vague assumption that these thoughts and abilities had been passed down to her from the previous Iurus Formator. The only thing she did not know was how her predecessor had managed to escape the eternal cycle of Purgatory. Abilities: Iurus Formator
- Given the role of the Oath Maker, Taya has abilities unique only to herself.
• Seal of Wishes: For the right price, Taya will grant a wish or request that is brought to her. This may vary from taking years (life), an ability, or an offer that will pay in 'equal' price the request she is granting. When sealing a deal, Archon is used as a mark of the contract.
• Eye of Antithesis: Able to see how much life a Nephilim has left to offer. Also able to see the amount of, or lack of, humanity a Nephilim possesses. If any Cherubs or Infernals have racked up any Mana against themselves, she is also able to see just how close they are to an ultimate death at the hands of their leaders.
• Omnipresent: Just as how the Seraphim and Prince are omnipresent, it is not uncommon to have sightings of the Oath Maker in various locations at the same time. Major Ability
• Aura of Aversion: With the use of this ability, those who mean harm to Taya will find themselves losing the will and desire to do so. If one were to concentrate very hard, or if the desire to kill is that strong, then they will find it extremely difficult to follow through on the actions but it certainly is not impossible. Minor Ability
- Archon. The pendant she always wears is the 'stamp' that is used to seal a contract. When used, she stamps the bottom of the pendant and brands a mark (trio of circles, as shown in our game icon). The mark must be placed on bare skin, though it quickly fades after the initial burn causing some to wonder if the event had truly occurred.
• Besides being the stamp used for Seal of Wishes, Archon also has a secondary ability of being able to extend into a staff. Occasionally, an extended blade of energy may be formed at the end and thus the staff is similar to that of a scythe. However, while the staff itself may be used in combat if needed, the scythe does no physical harm to others. Archon's scythe is only effective in taking away life/ability/etc that had been offered in return for the granted wish.Flaws: Seal of Wishes
- While Taya is able to grant the wishes and requests of others, she is unable to do so for herself. Vulnerability
- Besides Archon's staff, Taya is quite literally physically vulnerable. She does not possess any combat abilities to boot and thus can only rely on the fact that she is the only one who can grant any request (for a price) or hope that her Aura of Aversion is enough to keep danger away. Envy
- Having been denied the joys of life, Taya resents the fact that the only world she has ever known is merely a shadow of the reality. She is jealous of the Nephilim and even the Cherubs and Infernals who had once lived and died on Earth. Curiousity
- Despite her envy of those who had once enjoyed life on Earth, Taya is overcome with curiosity about Earth, its lifestyle, and its residents. She wants to know everything about them, wants to understand every aspect of it, though many times this just leads to her envying their good fortune yet again as she wishes and dreams of living a life that many categorize as 'mundane' at best.Neutrality
- Due to her position between the factions, Taya finds herself walking a thin line at all times as she attempts to stay on the sidelines of the brewing battles. While she herself is neither 'good' nor 'evil', there are times when she finds herself a target of either side when labeled a hindrance. All in all, she is powerful and dangerous in her own way and while some may want to sway her, there will always be others who would rather destroy her.
Profile may be edited from time to time as I flesh her out more. But for now this should do.