You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 12:35:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Searches  (Read 675 times)

Offline kylieTopic starter

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Darkly sweet femme for rich & insidious scenarios.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Searches
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:53:20 AM »
Okay, I bet this is posted _somewhere_, but humor me... 

What parts of the site is it possible to use the Search engine on, now? 
Seems like everywhere I try says it's not allowed.

Offline Swedish Steel

Re: Searches
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:02:57 AM »
Yeah...it would be great to be able to search through your private messages for messages from one specific member, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:32 AM »
It had to be disabled, sorry.  One carelessly broad search will bring the site down for everyone.

Offline kylieTopic starter

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Darkly sweet femme for rich & insidious scenarios.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:50:04 AM »
Not to be pesky (note by the time it took me to rediscover this, I am not nagging ;)

I wonder, would it perhaps be possible to limit the search engine so that it does a more narrow search by default.  Say a maximum number of topics or a restricted list of results in any one burst?  Control the engine itself, instead of relying on the users not to mess up? 

I wouldn't mind having to run multiple searches, perhaps changing the range slightly each time until I found what I was looking for.  Having none, though, it is quite a sizable site to find things on.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:44:53 PM by kylie »

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 02:16:13 AM »
In the end we pretty much need our own dedicated server.  That takes money and, more importantly, time :-p