News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest check- Fantasy Freeform?

Started by Dracoat, November 04, 2010, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoat

Well it's been a while since I've seen a freeform fantasy type roleplay, like medieval, elves, orcs, dwarves, trolls and the like. Just wondering if it hasn't appeared for any particular reason. Anyway... I'm willing to start something up if I can get a small group of maybe 6 at least. Just don't want to have any wasted effort. Mind, this is just an interest check. Also please list some preferences you would like to see.

Magic? Lots or limited to certain races?
What types of races would you like to see? Just humans and elves or would you like a nice medley?
Controlled or loose time flow based on posts?

Just a few to think about. but please voice any other thoughts. I need material! Also I would like to see a balance of the sexes, don't need a bunch of meatheads trying to pound the shit outta each other. Excuse my french.

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Ellorey

Hi there. :)

Freeform Fantasy, aye. Been a while since I've driven myself into the world of fantasy. Well, I'm definitely up for it! My preferences are a little simple; Magic- I'd rather not much, one; because I really just don't see the point, whenever magic comes into it- GodMod always follows. Of course to designated breeds such as; Elves, Orcs etc etc- well that's just fine. Though, humans doing magic? How odd. Just my ideas anyhow.
Races, I would like to see all of them! A true medley! Mix it up like a Caesar salad- Dragons, Elves, Orcs, dwarves. Anything legit, anything that can get the heart racing and grins spreading across bewildered faces.

I'm excited, :) I hope this goes forth, if not; feel free to PM me, tell me your ideas. I'm great for listening.

Lil.

Dracoat

Thanks, I've gotten a PM and the general census is that Magic should be limited. Also I didn't even think of dragons! I'm glad i didn't just jump into this. I want to take at least a day more and see what I get. Thanks again!

O/Os

Dracoat

Okay I'm starting now with what I got. Here's a minimal Draft.
Gonna be something like Dragons shaped the world, but as the lesser dragons created the world, they were overcome by jealousy of each others creation. The first wars began between the Dragons. The elder dragons created races of new beings to inherit the world as they were slowly becoming extinct. These races were planted all over the world. But most were centered on the continent of Grexas. The Terrax(Humans) established on the western plains. The "Lizard men" or Zarmen claimed the northern mountains. The Fay(Elves) claimed the cold tundra to the south. To the East were only ruins which the Draconic guardians stood vigil, protecting secrets long forgotton to the world. In the center of the continent was a grand city in which the races, save the Dracon, as they were named, came together as one. Recently two other races have journeyed to Grexas. The resilient Troh(Orcs) and the mysterious Ancients. I'll fill in more details but I'm open to opinions!

O/Os

Ellorey

Wow wow wow! I love it, greatly thought up!
I can't wait to start this; if I'm accepted in of course, and if it comes together. Perhaps you'd like to add in a Drowic city underground; just an idea.

Lil.

P.s-
Could you Pm me if you start a thread? Thanks.

Dracoat

Drow as in Dark Elves? Or Drow as in the Shadowmarch books?

And I'll make sure to PM er'body who replied to this. PM or otherwise ;D

O/Os

Dracoat

Ah, so Dark Elves then. The Drow of the Shadowmarch book series are like Dark Dwarves. I'm reading those books right now lol.

O/Os

Vandren

"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

minerva7790

Sounds interesting... I'd like to be in!  :-)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Ellorey

Mmm, more people. This will be a blast! I can't help my little passion for fantasy. Need anything else, just ask!

Lil.

YoungNWet

Dracoat

O/Os