You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
September 24, 2018, 12:15:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Masquerade [Game Thread]  (Read 9549 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »


The music was playing softly in the background for atmosphere, the candles were lit, and the air was filled anticipation.  Now the guests were arriving in earnest, everyone ready to dance the night away, and have fun guessing who was who beneath the masks.

But masks can hide many things.  There were also some unexpected guests there -- true creatures of the night, mingling with the partygoers, seemingly just as human as anyone.  What mischief would they be up to tonight?



The Guests:

Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
sinera
Xandi



The Roles:

Partygoers (7):  Your goal is to avoid being unmasked so you can keep partying on!  With your votes, you will try to uncover the monsters in your midst and banish them by unmasking them.

Master/Mistress of Ceremonies (1):  Your goal is to make sure everyone has fun, and that the partygoers aren't unmasked by the supernatural gate-crashers.  Once per "night phase", you may PM Val to learn the role of one partygoer.

The Bouncer (1):  Whether through muscle, brains, or charm, you keep the peace.  Once per "night phase", you may PM Val with the name of the partygoer you wish to protect from being unmasked.

The Villains (2): You might be ghosts, goblins, or something even scarier; but on this All Hallow's Eve, you're just mingling with the regular folks, thanks to your nifty disguises.  Once each "night phase", you may PM Val with the name of the person you wish to unmask.  If that person is protected by the Bouncer, then nothing happens.  If not, that guest's role is revealed, and they are banished to the kitchen for the duration of the party.



The Rules:

Since this game takes place entirely during the masquerade party, "night phases" will actually happen once each hour, game time.  Every hour on the hour, the lights will go out and all the usual night phase activities will happen -- the villains will attack, the bouncer will guard someone, and the MC will attempt to learn someone's role.  In between, voting will take place as usual.

Voting ties will be decided via the dice roller.

Any Partygoer who is unmasked isn't dead, but can no longer vote, or reveal any inside information they might have.  Unmasked guests are relegated to the kitchen; unmasked villains will disappear dramatically.

All other rules are as normal.  After some time to mingle, an NPC will be unmasked, and the game can begin in earnest!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:30:25 PM by Valerian »

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
He slowly skulks in to the sound of metal grinding upon concrete.  One step then another and another.  The dull thump of limbs hitting the stairs added to the already macabre atmosphere as Ryven entered.  His head was obscured or seemingly replaced by a giant metallic pyramid shaped object caked with blood and rust.  In one hand, dragging behind him was a long bloody blade which was almost as long as he was tall.  In the other hand, holding it by its neck, was the long deceased corpse of a disfigured nurse.  He wore a long white smock-like apron which had been stained by dried blood and orange brown rust.

He ambled inside, leaving a trail of blood behind him, and once he entered, he stabbed the long blade into the floor and smiled beneath his rather gruesome visage.

"Let's party..."


Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »
   
Beguile entered the ballroom and paused to look around.  The bright blue feathers and golden accents of her mask did nothing to tame the vibrant flames of her red hair.  The shimmering silk of her gown encrusted with thousands of golden beads clung to her like a second skin dipping low in the front and down to...  well, there in the back.  She teetered elegantly on the four-inch heels of her golden sandals as the candlelight glinted from the facets of the emeralds dangling from her ears and wrists as well as the single large stone surrounded by diamonds that graced the center finger of her left hand.

A waiter approached with a tray of champagne bubbling in fluted goblets and offer the libation to her.  With a smile and a nod she took one of the delicate crystal vessels and carried the fragile rim to her carmine lips.  A soft smile appeared as the bubbles tickled her nose and a delighted sigh was heard following the first sip of the fine vintage presented for the guests.  Sipping from time to time she walked the breadth of the room to open doors that led out to the garden, pondering on who else would be attending the festivities this evening in addition to the rather grotesquely costumed individual hidden beneath the gruesome mask.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:15:11 PM by Beguile's Mistress »

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »

     

Xandi came into the ballroom and took in the elegant woman, she was beautiful. She looked around and saw another party goer in a scary costume. She was excited to be at this halloween party, it was said to be the event of the year. She straighten her mask and walked into the room wearing her green leafed costume. It was a green silk gown that flowed with her every step. The leaves were sewn onto the gown in a very intricate design. She hoped her costume was fitting for such a party. The invitation had only said to make sure and wear a mask, which she was delighted with. She loved parties and masqerade balls were her favorite. The waiter greeted her with a tray of champagne, she took a glass and sipped slowly. The bubbles tickled her nose, and she sneezed slightly. Xandi was anxious to see all the other costumes that would make an appearance at this invitation only party.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:10:58 PM by Xandi »

Offline Saffron

  • ღ Enigma ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ Off on an adventure, but can't wait to see you again soon. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Can't you see that the rules are up to me? ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:07:34 PM »
   
As the lady Saffron stepped through the grand doors to the ballroom, she looked around slowly through the eyes of her mask. Seeing the few people who had already gathered, she knew that she was just in time for the events to begin. Her dress was of a matching red to the lace around the edges of her mask, highlighted with gold and turquoise embroidery. The corset top was colored to match, with a black satin as the base, and the three accent colors alternating on the boning. A purple toned lace on the top of the corset matched the purple color of her hair.

The matching colors were the simplest part of the costume, really. The jewelery that graced her neck, wrist, and right finger were the difficult part. It was hard to find such colorful pieces in such a short amount of time. But the end result had been well worth the effort, with every piece of the many-colored costume matching with another, right down to the color of her hair. She took a flute from the waiter as he passed her, smiling slightly as she made her way more toward the central area of the large room.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:37:54 AM »
The party was in full swing when the first odd thing happened.  Just as the clock chimed the hour, every light was extinguished, even the candles.  There was laughter and nervous sqeals -- everyone thought it was part of the festivities, of course, and was waiting to find out what the rest of the trick might be.

Then a guest started screaming in earnest.  "My mask! My beautiful mask!"  It was Emily, who had come dressed as a gypsy fortuneteller.  As she shrieked, the few electric lights that had been lit came back to life -- and most bizarrely, the extinguished candles somehow relit themselves.  Then it could be seen that she was, indeed, without her mask, her hair mussed from its abrupt removal.  "A m-m-monster took my m-m-mask!" she cried again.  Then the terrified Partygoer turned and ran, sobbing, from the room.

A chorus of other voices joined in as she hurried away, all of them babbling about having felt or heard Something that should not have been there.  A quick check proved that the mask was nowhere in the room or in anyone else's hands, yet no one appeared to have left the room.

Could the frightened guests be right?  Was Emily's mask truly stolen by... a monster?


Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
sinera
Xandi

[Now is the time for the first vote of who to unmask.  Choose wisely!]

Offline Imogen

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 11:53:38 AM »
"That's silly, there are no monsters." Imogen stated confidently, wisely not looking directly at Ryven. At least the ladies were a pleasure to look at. The gorgeous masks had her eyes glittering with envy, and if not for her dramatic swirls of her black gown she'd have felt horribly underdressed in her tiny black velvet mask. "And she was just about to read my fortune too." The red glossed lips pouted, and discontent eyes searched the crowd for the one who might have upset poor Emily so. Gawd, it was impossible to tell who'd been near the girl, with the crowd mingling and all that. She didn't think it was Saffron, for she'd have remembered that mask. The same went for Xandi and Beguiles. But who then had created the incredible faux pas of removing Emily's mask before twelve? "Sinera, did you see what happened?" She asked randomly at one of the other party-goers.

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »
As the lights flickered out, he dropped the bloody disheveled corpse of a nurse to the floor.  His other hand grabbed the long blade stabbed into the floor for support.  A shriek of terror rang through the darkness just before the lights and candles flickered back to life.

When illumination was returned, one startled partygoer seemed to have been accosted in the darkness, mask stolen to leave her vulnerable and revealed to all.

Ryven eyed the other guests.  Who would do such a thing?  Who steals a person's Halloween mask to spoil their fun?

It could have been anyone, really, but he decided to settle on Kyrsa.  She seemed like a shifty one.

Offline sinera

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »
"Oh, please," sinera snorted unladylike. "I was on the other side of the room. It couldn't have been me." She pauses to take a sip of her drink. "Personally, Ryven's costume gives me the creeps. It could have been him."

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 07:01:35 PM »
"So because I have a creepy costume that means I stole someone's mask?"  He rolls his eyes and takes a seat.

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 07:15:09 AM »
When poor Emily was unmasked so cruelly Xandi looked around the room at all the other guest. Why would anyone want to ruin Emily's fun? Xandi's hand went to her own mask, thankful that she still had it. She tried to see if anyone looked suspicious but not being able to see everyones faces clearly made it difficult. The eyes, she thought to herself perhaps she could tell by everyones eyes. She swept the room looking for everyones eyes but she couldn't see the eyes of some of the other guest because of their mask, maybe they were trying to hide something. She was afraid to say anything outloud but she thought Ryven had a pretty scary costume, he could hide a lot under that pyramid. She looked away quickly, afraid he would notice her checking him out.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
Current Voting:

Ryven (2) - sinera, Xandi
sinera (2) - Imogen, Moirae
Kyrsa (1) - Ryven
Remiel (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Saffron
Xandi

Yet to vote: Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Marikir, Remiel, Saffron
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:44:10 PM by Valerian »

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:32 AM »
The flickering of the lights, the sudden darkness and the blood-curdling scream sent a chill of excitement down Beguile's spine.  This was turning out to be a very interesting party she thought to herself.  Then the lights came back up and poor Emily was laying maskless on the floor.  As she looked around at the assemblage Beguile realized that the candles had lost their flames during the blackout but were now lit once more, as if by and unseen hand.  A chill of a different sort slithered along her backbone now as she puzzled this circumstance out in her head.

Who?  Who would do this?  Who would play such a dastardly trick?  So many who could do that does she find as she studies the many revelers and so many who could just as easily be innocent.  Still, one stands out who looks like he could do the deed with out second thought.  Remiel, was it you?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:07:26 PM by Beguile's Mistress »

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »
With a quiet swish of her skirts and a thin line of tension in her shoulders, Moirae turned away from accepting a glass of champagne and slid a brief glance beside her.  A mask thief among them?  Why would any of the party goers have felt compelled to take the woman's mask?  It seemed like such mean spirited antics for a festive party.  Ryven could be a suspect but that could be making a hasty judgment.  Instead, she glanced to the more... unlikely suspects.  "Sinera, perhaps?  Taking a bit of trickery too far?"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:33:33 PM by Moirae »

Online Kye

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »
Kyrsa sipped from her glass of champagne as she regarded the others, her eyes thoughtful.  This was supposed to be a festive night of fun and revelry, and already someone was playing tricks, ruining the evening for at least one of their number.  She couldn't imagine who among her companions would possibly wish to do something of that sort, many of them she had known for years after all. 

Perhaps the masks hid more than she had thought. "Perhaps Saffron?  I have no idea who the thief could be..." she said with an apologetic glance towards Saffron.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:47:58 PM by Kyrsa »

Offline Marikir

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 10:45:50 PM »
Marikir looked on as the partygoers accused each other of ruining someone's evening.  Suffice to say, he wasn't sure exactly what everyone was so concerned about.  A monster?  Surely Emily was mistaken.  But, it seemed that someone had played a prank.  So, better to find them first and send them away.  Let them comfort Emily for the rest of the evening then.

He walked around the others, choosing one at random.  He made a motion and indicated that he would like Moirae to respond to the query put to her.

Online Remiel

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November -- the gunpowder treason and plot.  I can think of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot."

Remiel appeared, his Guy Fawkes mask in place and cloak swirling stylishly behind him.  He stopped, bowed, and seized the hand of the fair Emily, dipping his masked head as if brushing his lips across her knuckles.

"Verily, sweet Emily, I vow and vouchsafe that this villainy shall not go inviolate.  What vice-ridden vandal has violated this victim's vestments?"  He paused.   "Not Ryven, I think.  Very much the first to volunteer, his violent veneer is a vehicle for verity.  I will not veto his verisimilitude.  Nay, more likely it is the voluptuous Xandi, that vicious vixen."

Offline Saffron

  • ღ Enigma ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Location: ღ Off on an adventure, but can't wait to see you again soon. ღ
  • Gender: Female
  • ღ Can't you see that the rules are up to me? ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 01:40:10 AM »
Saffron was shocked as the lights extinguished all together in what seemed to be an invisible breeze flying through the room. When the shriek of Emily's scream reached her ears, she dropped the glass of champagne she'd been holding, the sound terrifying her and sending chills down her spine. What on earth had happened? What would cause someone to make such a terrifying sound?

As the lights returned, again all in the same instant, it became apparent that someone... or something... had taken Emily's mask. What a terrible prank, ruining the fun of a masquerade. Disappointed that someone would go to such an extent to prank the partygoers, Saffron joined the group that was deciding on who it could have been. She looked to Beguile's Mistress apologetically, believing that random choice was best in this case. She didn't want to think anyone of her friends had done such a thing, but obviously someone had to have done it. There was no such thing as monsters... right?

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 10:01:12 AM »
Current Voting:

Ryven (2) - sinera, Xandi
sinera (2) - Imogen, Moirae
Beguile's Mistress (1) - Saffron
Kyrsa (1) - Ryven
Moirae (1) - Marikir
Remiel (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Saffron (1) - Kyrsa
Xandi (1) - Remiel
Imogen
Lord Mayerling
Marikir

Yet to vote: Lord Mayerling

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
Lord Mayerling was the last to step into the party. He carried a glass of champagne in one hand, and his cane in the other. He admired the beautiful, intimidating costumes and masks that accompanied them, though he knew that some were less masked than others. After some light carousing, someone poked him about an impending vote which he was delaying. A single name came quickly and confidently to his lips. ”Ryven.”

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »
I must change my vote to Sinera.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 08:42:06 AM »
Final Voting:

Ryven (3) - sinera, Xandi, Lord Mayerling
sinera (3) - Imogen, Moirae, Ryven
Beguile's Mistress (1) - Saffron
Moirae (1) - Marikir
Remiel (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Saffron (1) - Kyrsa
Xandi (1) - Remiel
Imogen
Kyrsa (0)
Lord Mayerling
Marikir

Tiebreaker:

Ryven = 1
sinera = 2

Quote from: dice roller
Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d2
Comment: Tiebreaking Roll
Result: 2,
Total: 2



So sinera's mask was taken away, revealing nothing but a fellow Partygoer, who was now banished to the kitchen along with Emily.  The party was, sadly, no safer now than it had been before, and again the guests started looking at each other with suspicion.

There are 6 Partygoers, 1 MC, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline sinera

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 04:26:09 AM »
sinera pouts as her mask is taken away. "Bugger you all!" she announces and flounces over the bar, shrugging off the hands of the footmen trying to escort her out the door. "Give me a bottle each of Vodka, Amaretto & Kahlua. I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit down there with nothing to drink!"

She looks around at the footmen. "You!" she announces, pointing to a particularly muscular and sexy-looking man dressed as a Chippendale's dancer. "I'll need someone to 'take care' of Emily and I.. and whoever else gets banished to the kitchen. You'll do nicely."

Loading her purloined supplied in his arms, she swishes her way to the door, head high. Without a look to anyone else in the room, she retreats to the kitchen to commiserate with Emily and see what kind of 'trouble' she can get into.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
Beguile sets her champagne aside for the moment and applauds Sinera's panache.  Knowing the kitchen will be an entertaining place should she be banished, Beguile has no real wish to miss the revelry in the ballroom.  So, she listens to the music, sips her champagne and strolls about the room pausing here and there to chat a moment with the other guests or take a turn around the floor with any who might ask.  Her interest, though, is more than half given to watching and trying to discern who the monsters really are.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
Again the lights flickered and died, and again they returned just moments later.  This time the panic started right away, as everyone darted for what they hoped might be safety.  Alas, it seemed there would be no safety, even for Saffron, their Mistress of Ceremonies.  When everyone could see again, it was she who stood startled and maskless, the unfortunate target of the supernatural culprits in their midst.


Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi


There are 6 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »
"GREAT!!  Now the party will fall into chaos without the Mistress of Ceremonies."  Ryven said before finding his way to the bar for a stiff drink.

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:09 AM »
Xandi grabbed whoever hand was closest and said "No No No I can't believe someone would take the Mistress of the Ceremonies mask. That is not only cruel it is inhuman, I mean to ruin her fun that way."

She looked around the room and was beginning to get suspicious of everyone. Oh my what a state this party was in, monsters on the lose people being unmasked. Xandi had to sit down as she was feeling faint.

Offline Imogen

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 08:10:18 AM »
"Oh, that is just lame!" She collected another kir royal from the tray of a passing waiter. "Who will organize the games now? And the grand prizes for the best costume? Thank -you-, however you are!" Not that she'd have won aprize. Hell no, with masks like Beguile's and costumes like Ryven's ordinary people didn't stand a chance. And there was V... Like -the- V. Why hadn't the monsters taken his mask? For real, who didn't want to know wgat was behind that mask? "If it'd been me, I'd have chosen to unmask Lord Mayerling. I wonder why these spoilsports chose poor Saffron?"


Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 09:04:51 AM »
Current Voting:

Imogen (1) - Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling (1) - Imogen
Remiel (1) - Ryven
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Lord Mayerling, Marikir, Moirae, Remiel, Xandi

There are 6 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:06:00 PM by Valerian »

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 10:11:06 AM »
Moirae remained oddly silent as she watched the other party goers, a small frown still touching upon her lips at seeing the Mistress of Ceremonies taken away to the kitchen.  Her posture was bordering on protective as she stepped closer to some of the guests and she drew a long sip from her glass of champagne.  For now she withheld her thoughts, instead focusing on the reactions of others. 

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »
"I'm willing to bet Remiel had something to do with it."  He said from the bar, his glass already empty.

Online Kye

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 04:36:48 PM »
Kyrsa crossed to the bar and took a seat next to Ryven, draining a glass quickly before she surveyed the rest of the party goers.  She refused to let this ruin the evening.  If they could find out who was unmasking everyone the night would be salvaged.  Chewing her bottom lip for a moment she glanced towards Imogen.  "Perhaps she had something to do with it..." she said hesitantly.

Offline Marikir

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
Marikir glanced over the partygoers, his mask's hooked nose moving from form to form as he considered them all.  There had to be something here, some clue.

He glanced up as Kyrsa made her accusation.  True, Imogen had voted for sinera, but it had probably been random.  But...perhaps the vote for her had been designed to save Ryven.  Ryven of course had voted for her to save himself.  But...before that...

Marikir's head began to hurt.  Too convoluted.  No, better to stay with his original vote.  She had helped keep it close between sinera and him.  He again turned his gaze on Moirae, curious if there was a method to this madness.

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
Xandi listened as the others began to make their accusations and finally when Marikir began to speak her head felt dizzy trying to follow his line of thought. Finally she spoke out after she heard Ryven's name mentioned a couple of times. All she said was Ryven.

Online Remiel

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 12:18:45 AM »
"Since we know that sinera was innocent of any wrongdoing," said Remiel, "the laws of probability would seem to indicate that at least one of those who voted for her was a conspirator: Imogen, Moirae, or Ryven. Since each of those is equally as likely a culprit as the other two, prudence and self-preservation dictate that I must cast my vote for Ryven, since a vote for either Imogen or Moirae might provoke a retaliation.  I still do not believe Ryven did it, but I have been wrong before, and may be wrong again."

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 04:44:25 AM »
Moirae finally stirred from where she'd become rather lost in her thoughts, eyes sweeping from Marikir to Remiel with a small frown tugging on her lips.  "There are many roles to be played tonight, but I assure you I am no treacherous villain here to ruin anyone's fun," she murmured.  What Remiel said made some sense, however... "For now I'll cast my suspicion on Imogen."

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 08:11:04 AM »
Current Voting:

Imogen (2) - Kyrsa, Moirae
Remiel (2) - Ryven, Beguile's Mistress
Ryven (2) - Xandi, Remiel
Lord Mayerling (1) - Imogen
Moirae (1) - Marikir
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Marikir (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Lord Mayerling

There are 6 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:15:18 AM by Valerian »

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 08:55:20 AM »
Beguile's paced back and forth before on of the French doors leading to the terrace.  She made a valiant effort at maintaining her composure but it was difficult under the circumstances.  Without a Mistress of ceremonies this affair would be sure to degenerate into a sort of free-for-all, yet with monsters on the lose that would hardly matter.  As she looked about the room she could only speculate, for each of the partygoers could be a monster.  There was not way to be certain so she maintained her choice made earlier. 

"Remiel must be one of the culprits!"

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
Mayerling strolled the party once more, just as confident in his choice as he had been previously. "I believe Ryven is a monster among us."

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
Seeing it come down to him again, he saw no choice left.

"I change my vote to Imogen."

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 07:22:48 PM »
Final Voting:

Imogen (3) - Kyrsa, Moirae, Ryven
Ryven (3) - Xandi, Remiel, Lord Mayerling
Lord Mayerling (1) - Imogen
Moirae (1) - Marikir
Remiel (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Marikir (0)
Xandi (0)

Tiebreaker:

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d2
Comment: Imogen 1 Ryven 2
Result: 2,
Total: 2

This time, Ryven could not save himself.  The next thing he knew, his mask was gone, revealing him as an innocent Partygoer.  The monsters were still free to roam, and no one's mask was safe!


Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 5 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline Ryven

  • Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2008
  • Location: The farthest reaches of your dreams
  • Gender: Male
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »
Ryven wandered over to the bar to grab a few bottles of liquor, vodka mostly before turning to the others.  "Good to have that heavy thing off my shoulders.  Have fun.  Cheers!"  He said, holding up a bottle before walking off into the kitchen to join the others.

Offline Imogen

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2010, 01:06:42 AM »
"I'll join you shortly!" Imogen shouted after Ryven. "Save me some pumpkin cookies!" She sighed, looking over the party-goers some of which seemed to throw rather reproachful glances her way. "It wasn't me... I'd never spoil anyone's fun!"

Helping herself to another glass of champagne while she still could, she raised it in salute to the others. "Cheers. To a good party. And those who are removing mask, please stop it! Go hide...uhm... under the stairs or something?"

She strolled towards Lord Mayerling who at least had not voted for her mask's removal. "Great party though, isn't it? Love the music." Her smile returned. "Would you care to dance? We should at least enjoy ourselves till the bell tolls."

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2010, 05:58:13 AM »
Seeing one of the beauties of the party approach him, it was her voice that told him it was someone he fancied. "Of course, my dear, simply because there is no room to dance in the kitchen. Unfortuantely I only know the waltz, or the lambada." He took the still-masked Imo's hand, leading her to the floor. Was he dancing with Cinderella?

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
Right on schedule, the lights flickered out once more.  Most people were ready for it this time, but there was still a good deal of nervous squealing and anxious shifting around as everyone waited to see who the next victim would be, hoping it wouldn't be them.

As the lights came back up, it was clear that the next victim was -- nobody!  All the guests still had their masks in place, and a cheer went up through the group.  Their Bouncer was doing a good job, it seemed.


Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 5 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2010, 07:25:25 PM »
I'm curious about Kyrsa. She's been rather unsocial at this party. A well-catered party, I might add. *samples the caviar*

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 10:09:55 PM »
Beguile could feel her mask and the feathered headdress that was part of it but still her slender fingers lifted to her forehead to stroke the heavy beading and reassure herself of its presence.  The fact that none of the guests had been unmasked eased her fears somewhat but it also gave her not clue as to who would be responsible for the mayhem that threatened to disrupt the party.  Her eyes still went to Remiel in a stubborn attempt to make sense out of nonsense.

Online Remiel

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
"Believe what you will, Beguile's, but I solemnly swear that I had no hand in such deleterious designs," Remiel insisted, shaking his head.   "Ryven was innocent, as I suspected, and thus did I err.  But that means that either Moirae or Imogen is the guilty party."

He smiled wryly at Imogen.  "I'm sorry, my dear, but as charming as you are, I know you and your puckish nature.  I wouldn't put it past you to prank us by plucking off our protective pretenses."

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:10 AM »
Briefly Moirae lifted her brows at Remiel and frowned at him, softly hissing, "I assure you, I am no guilty partygoer.  At least, not guilty of taking anyone's mask."  She had to stop her lips from curving into a reminiscent smile.  "However, I do still believe Imogen has a hand in this."

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 03:12:48 AM »
Xandi looked at the beautiful Imogen and wondered if the others could be right. She looked so happy go lucky, just here for the fun. Xandi did think it rather odd that Imogen was dancing and still having fun while there were so many others who had been sent to the kitchen without their masks. Finally she said, Imogen could be guilty I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:15:31 AM by Xandi »

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 08:14:02 AM »
Current Voting:

Imogen (3) - Remiel, Moirae, Xandi
Remiel (3) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Kyrsa
Kyrsa (1) - Lord Mayerling
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Marikir

There are 5 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:50:47 PM by Valerian »

Offline Imogen

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2010, 01:40:28 PM »
"Don't fault me for enjoying this last dance", she smiled impishly behind her mask. "I made horrible choices and can't blame you all for your suspicion. I didn't do it, but I'm aware I seem guilty as sin. So please, for a little longer, let me enjoy the music and this lovely champagne, and then I shall go bother the other refugees in the kitchen."

"Oh, and I vote for Remiel so I'll have a tiny little chance at another dance. And that's because you, Remiel, of all people, know that I'd have voted much much cleverly if I'd had any clue of what's going on." Her bottom lip stulped in a sultry pout. "Meanie."

Online Kye

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »
"Being quiet isn't a crime Lord Mayerling, I wouldn't want to ruin the party for others," Kyrsa murmured, shaking her head sadly at the realization that someone would think her capable of doing such a horrible and mean spirited thing.  "I think I'm going to have to say Remiel as well... I still have no idea who it could be and out of everyone he's the one who stands out the most. 

Offline Marikir

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
Marikir glanced at the partygoers, frowning slightly.  It would be easy enough to just vote someone random and leave it up to chance, but that would be cowardly.

His mask shook from side to side as he glanced between the two choices.  He suspected someone more, but between the two choices...

He pointed the bony fingers of his glove at Imogen's mask. 


Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
Current Voting:

Imogen (4) - Remiel, Moirae, Xandi, Marikir
Remiel (3) - Beguile's Mistress, Imogen, Kyrsa
Kyrsa (1) - Lord Mayerling
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

The votes were all in: Imogen's mask was gone.  But she, too, was an innocent Partygoer, now wrongfully banished to the kitchen.  The guests were growing more and more uneasy.  Who could the monsters be?  Unhappy murmurs filled the room, as everyone wondered who might be next...

There are 4 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »
This time, the little group was not so fortunate.  When everyone could see again, poor Kyrsa had lost her mask.  The innocent Partygoer was sent away with the others, and the remaining guests pondered their options.  This looked like it might be the end of the party....

Beguile's Mistress
Imogen - Partygoer, voted out
Kyrsa - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 3 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline Marikir

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 07:27:14 PM »
The loss of the pair of lovely women caused Marikir to slowly turn towards the rest of the partygoers.  This was becoming aggravating.

He looked over the others, then his masked gaze stopped on the grinning face of the one that had been saved.

Marikir stalked over to the smiling mask and pointed at it.  He demanded an explanation from Remiel.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:06:11 PM by Marikir »

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
Kyrsa and Imogen voted for Remiel in the last round I think he has something to do with this.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
Current Voting:

Remiel (2) - Marikir, Xandi
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Moirae

There are 3 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 12:01:59 AM »
Moirae sighed, even more confused than before.  "For now I'll cast my vote with Remiel unless otherwise convinced."

Online Remiel

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 01:16:59 AM »
He shook his head.  "The only crime that I am guilty of is poor judgment in my own suspicions.  I have erred, it seems, at every step.  But I am unjustly accused!  Think on it, my friends.  Beguile's Mistress has been out to get me since the very beginning.  If I were one of the dastardly deed-doers, don't you think I would have eliminated her by now?"

He frowned, scratching at his head.  "I think Beguile's Mistress has been playing you all, lurking innocently by while we pick each other off, one by one."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:28:19 AM by Remiel »

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 05:54:48 AM »
"This is a most disappointing development, but I must vote with the majority at this time. My motives can only be described as political. I'm sorry, Remiel, but my vote must be cast for you." Mayerling cast his eyes about the room; everyone but Remiel under a suspicious watch.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 08:48:34 AM »
Current Voting:

Remiel (4) - Marikir, Xandi, Moirae, Lord Mayerling
Beguile's Mistress (1) - Remiel
Lord Mayerling (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress

There are 3 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

  • Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Gender: Female
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2010, 08:51:49 AM »
"I know that Remiel is suffering from what seems to be my stubborn fixation on his supposed guilt so I hold no ill will for his vote against me.  Still, I am firm in my belief that he is one of the culprits."  Beguile's gazed moved from person to person wondering who, behind the masks, was his partner in crime.

Online Remiel

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »
"You are wrong, Lord Mayerling.  So wrong, in fact, that  I must change my vote to you," responded Remiel, in the face of all of the unjust accusations.

"So be it, then.  If I am to face the condemnation of a jury of my peers, I will do it with my head held high and a clear conscience."

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
Final Voting:

Remiel (4) - Marikir, Xandi, Moirae, Lord Mayerling
Lord Mayerling (1) - Remiel
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Xandi (0)

Remiel would be the one to lose his mask this time, and he seemed resigned to his fate, standing as he said he would, with his head held high.

But as his V mask was pulled away, behind it the other guests saw -- nothing!  Cloak, hat, and clothing fell limply to the ground, the mask landing neatly atop the pile.  For Remiel had been one of the Monsters, a mischievous spectre sent to taunt the guests.


There are 3 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Monster.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2010, 12:00:01 PM »
When the lights next went out, there was a particular uneasiness.  At this rate, soon everyone would be trying to squeeze into the kitchen!  But there was still a clever monster at work, as proved when it was revealed that another Partygoer, this time Beguile's Mistress had been unmasked.  The few remaining guests all looked at each other uneasily...

Beguile's Mistress - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Imogen - Partygoer, voted out
Kyrsa - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel - Monster, unmasked
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 2 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Monster.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:47:27 PM by Valerian »

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
This was getting out of hand.  Uneasily Moirae looked around and exhaled a deep breath.  "I believe Lord Mayerling to be the other deviant."

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
Xandi agreed with Moirae. Lord Mayerling was acting suspicious.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »
Current Voting:

Lord Mayerling (2) - Moirae, Xandi
Moirae (1) - Lord Mayerling
Marikir (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Marikir

There are 2 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Monster.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:02:45 PM by Valerian »

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
“No no no, it isn’t me! Think about what Remiel did at the end of the last round. He wouldn’t change his vote to the other monster! Thus, I’m the only one that CAN’T be the monster. In doing so, he sealed the monsters’ fate. Do not waste your vote on me, but instead place it where it belongs, on Moirae.”

Mayerling looked about at the partygoers. “Marikir, I implore you to vote for Moirae. Remiel wouldn’t vote for his accomplice! Xandi! Change your vote while there’s still time to save us!”

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »
Remiel's fate was sealed before he placed his vote. I believe he voted against you to throw the rest of us off, to give you a free reign. My vote remains.

Offline Marikir

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »
Marikir glanced between the two of them and frowned at them.  He hadn't suspected Lord Mayerling, but he had long suspected Moirae.  He could only hope that he was right and that he wasn't aiding in keeping the remaining monster around.



 

Offline Lord Mayerling

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 06:47:55 PM »
C'mon, Xandi...take a stand with us against the monster. I'm gone anyway, for even if I survive this round, if Moirae is the monster, we win. If she isn't, the monster will unmask me anyways. Stand with us. Don't leave it to chance. 

Offline Moirae

  • The little Paramour ♥ Sweet Mischief
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Sep 2009
  • Location: Texas ·ξ· Like a lonely lover's charm.
  • Gender: Female
  • You make me feel like splendor in the grass.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »
"I am not the last deviant," she said firmly, her gaze unwavering on Lord Mayerling.  "I have felt the brush of their fingers upon my mask, however.  There is a monster here among us, Lord Mayerling, and the one whose mask needs to be removed is yours."  Then her gaze swept to Marikir.  "I do not know what I have done or said to earn your suspicion, but if the vote is swayed to me, no one here will be safe."

Offline Xandi

  • E's Resident Queen of HUGS .....Hugs
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Location: Xandiland where everyone is respectful or they get their head chopped off.
  • Gender: Female
  • Light dispels darkness, Widsom dispels ignorance
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
Marikir I believe that Lord Mayerling is the last monster. His logic is flawed, he said "if" Moirae is the monster. He knows she is not and his tongue deceives him. He know that since Moirae is innocent that once she is unmasked he has an advantage in taking the game to the finish.

Think about it, if you were the monster would you unmask the person who is deflecting attention. I wouldn't. So his logic about his mask being taken next is flawed.

Change your vote Marikir you won't be sorry.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
Final Voting:

Lord Mayerling (2) - Moirae, Xandi
Moirae (2) - Lord Mayerling, Marikir
Marikir (0)
Xandi (0)

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d2
Comment: LM 1 Moirae 2
Result: 1,
Total: 1

Alas, Lord Mayerling was also an innocent Partygoer, who was only trying to enjoy the evening.  Once again, the guests had missed the mark, and a monster still lingered in their midst....

There are 1 Partygoer, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Monster.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2010, 10:28:30 AM »
When the lights faded next, no one moved or spoke.  All waited tensely until their final fate was revealed...

The lights came up, and Xandi, an innocent Partygoer was unmasked.

Moirae and Marikir looked at each other.

Their fate, it seemed, would be left to chance...



Beguile's Mistress - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Imogen - Partygoer, voted out
Kyrsa - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters
Lord Mayerling - Partygoer, voted out
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel - Monster, unmasked
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi - Partygoer, unmasked by monsters

There is 1 Bouncer and 1 Monster.

Offline ValerianTopic starter

Re: The Masquerade [Game Thread]
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2010, 03:50:07 PM »
For several moments, the two only eyed each other warily, neither willing to make the first move to break the stalemate.  Alarmed faces peeked in from the kitchen, and even the candles seemed to flicker uneasily.

Then Marikir snarled, tossing his mask and hat aside.  Fangs glinted as his deathly pale face was revealed.  Moirae, suddenly realizing the exact nature of the peril she faced, reached quick as a wink for a wooden stake that lay on the table.  It had been meant as decoration, a sort of macabre party favor, but now it served a much more important purpose.

As the vampire lunged for her throat, she braced herself and the stake.  The creature of the night had no time to change course, no chance to twist away in mid-lunge.

The next moment, the stake was through Marikir's heart.  The last monster was defeated, and Moirae, the Bouncer, stood triumphant.

With the guests all called back in from the kitchen -- carrying plenty of champagne for the celebration -- the party went on into the wee hours, and a grand time was had by all.




Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d2
Comment: Marikir 1 Moirae 2
Result: 1,
Total: 1


Great job, everyone!  Excellent game.  :)  Full recap will be available in the OOC thread shortly.