World War Z - Chapter 1: The Crash Landing [EX for gore, zombies]

Started by GloomCookie, September 26, 2010, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

WORLD WAR Z
CHAPTER I: THE CRASH LANDING

Five years.  Five long years after the zombies conquered the world, and humanity continues to fight back.  Resources are thin, and most of the fighting takes place from secure outposts throughout the world.  Most nations remain isolated from each other, and the fight is being won, but slowly.  Even the most optimistic estimates reason it'll take over thirty years to slowly fight from one corner of the United States to the other.  Most of the government and military is secure on the west coast, near the Rocky Mountains and the NORAD Command inside Cheyenne Mountain.
Buckley Air Force Base is home to the 4th Air Support, a reorganized unit after most of the fighters and bombers were retired due to a lack of fuel and resources, is one of the most important bases that supplies the east coast.  Most of the flying freighters and tankers taking off from this base return without incident, but the numerous outposts along their routes occasionally radio a flight down due to mechanical failure.  Most of these lost flights are never seen again, even after thorough searching.  But still, efforts are made, and when Flight 406Z went down near Savanna, Georgia, the crew knew they had only 48 hours to signal for help before they were declared lost.

The clock is ticking, and millions of zombies stand between the crew and safety.

Flight 406Z Flight Crew
Pilot
Copilot
Cargo Master
Flight Engineer
Machine Operator

Character Sheet
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b] (Pilot/Copilot/Cargo Master/Flight Engineer/Machine Operator)
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Anathanasia

I'm intrigued, especially since post-apocolytic and survival horror stuff is in my current wants, and zombies are a cool way to do both (though, I must admit, I've yet to read the book World War Z).

I'm wondering how you intend to do this, Linna, is it going to be freeform shared world style writing exercise, or a GM and players tabletop style arrangement?

Also, are our PCs part of the military or a civilian cargo plane? It'll make a difference in both expected training and available gear, naturally. :-)

Depending on how this works out, I'd like to tentatively put my name in as the female co-pilot or perhaps flight engineer. Those are the two roles that sound most appealing to me.
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

GloomCookie

Personnel in this game will be playing freeform story driven game where the characters help drive the plot, but mostly it'll focus on the story, not the gameplay mechanics.

All the players will have Air Force based characters, since unlike the Army, the Air Force still has most of its pilots, even if most of the fighter jocks have been put to other uses.  There will be a few Army and Marine guys around, but all the players will be Air Force.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022