Sweat and Sandals [ BON, NC, potentially EX ]

Started by Hemingway, September 25, 2010, 03:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

The weirdest things can make me crave a particular type of RP. Who would've thought trying out the new Civilization game would make me crave a Conan-esque barbarian game? Either way, that's what I'm looking for.

Just a heads-up, though: I recently had to end all my ongoing RPs. I'm not sure I'm really ready to start a new one yet, but I want to try. That said, the one thing I'm not looking for right now is straight-up cuddly romance. Feelings can develop between the characters, but I would prefer for those to be more along the lines of, ah, I don't know ... Leonidas and his wife in 300? I don't know - that's the best example I can think of right now. I guess that tells you all you need to know about where my mind is at right now.

Now, on to the plot bits.

As some people may already be aware, I'm a huge fan of Conan. I absolutely love the setting, that low fantasy antiquity - everything about it. Especially the women, how could I not? That said, this doesn't necessarily have to be set in the Hyborian Age of Robert E. Howard, and no real knowledge of Conan is required. If you've seen any of the movies, or ever opened a Conan comic, that should be more than enough.

For the story itself, the only idea I have is for something quite similar to the story of Conan himself. It would take place in some kingdom recently captured by barbarians - the leader of whom would be my character. Your character would be his new Queen, picked from the conquered population. Obviously against her own will. That's about as elaborate as my idea gets right now. I'm very much open to suggestions, and I would be willing to consider completely different stories. In that case, I would prefer if you had ideas yourself, though.

Anyway. It's out there. I wonder if I'll have more luck this time?