News:

Main Menu

Zombie Survival..not?~

Started by Bubbles, September 10, 2010, 09:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley

I think about this a lot. Unfortunately, I'm a diabetic, so I only survive as long as I can keep hunting down insulin. Plus, we all know medical centers are going to be one of the first places people start ransacking in any sort of apocalyptic scenario. Every time I mention this, someone suggests I could get insulin from either pigs or sheep. They fail to describe exactly how I go about that though and I can never find anything through google.

But, for the sake of planning, let's just assume I have a nice box of insulin that will last me for a year or more. My first step is getting out of the city. Population centers are death traps. Hopefully, it won't take me long to get to areas with less people. Northern Idaho has Coeur D Alene to get through and I'm not totally sure about Western Montana. I imagine it's population as sparse, but I could be wrong. After getting through these two areas, I plan to head eastward for North Dakota. A friend and I jokingly made up this plan to meet up there, but even if something happened where she couldn't, I'd go ahead anyway. Of course, I'd need to loot for supplies on the way. Right now I don't know how to use a gun, but I would like to learn. After North Dakota, I'd head into Canada. Yeah, I'm pretty much copying that section of World War Z where that family escapes into the North Canadian Wilderness. I would keep heading northward, far enough to where I could live off the land, maybe find some semblance of zombie-free civilization. The insulin problem is troubling though. It would eventually run out.

There are a lot of variables to consider, but yeah, that's my basic plan.

RubySlippers

It depends on the size of the outbreak if small you just need to hold out days to a few months. If bigger head for a military base they have trained men and women that are likely fighting for their homes and families, have supply lines if bigger and can wait out a Level 3 Infestation.

But insulin is not as big a deal if a Type II diabetic to little food is the bigger issue since that can hobble you and make it more likely a zombie will eat you.

My plan is to head for MacDill AFB in South Tampa via boat they have both airfields and docks, is the HQ of the US Special Operations so have all those skilled commandos and is defensible. Even I could use a rifle behind barricades and shoot zombies.

Ironside

My plan is simple. On initial news of the outbreak, id barricade the shit out of my house, move everything i need to the third floor of my house and knock down all the stairs, replacing them with some form of retractable ladder. (Preferably before my area became infested.) Now, seeing as (a) i live in england where guns are not as easy to come by, and (b) i live in a small fishing village in the middle of nowhere, this may make what im about to do seem crazy; But its integral to the plan. At this point i get the baseball bat i store next to the front door and head out to round up any friends. I will judge who i bring on How close as friends we are, wherever i have a major crush or just want to have sex with them, if female, and what skills they have, for both male and female. Now ideally, everybody on the list is brought back safely. Ideally doesnt happen in real life, so i estimate that i will return home with no more than 3 of the planned 8.
Phase 2 is to sit out the initial panic in the safety of my home.
Phase 3 is to head down to the local harbour, steal a small speed boat, and head to a bigger harbour 3 miles away, where i will move a small tanker slightly out to sea and drop the anchor :P Whenever supplies are needed are the only times we go ashore, and once the ship is familiar to us, we will be able to sail it to a perhaps safe island to start anew.
Lots more that i left out, but i dont have all day here haha