You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:05:52 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: One Sentence Stories: Ghost Story  (Read 2265 times)

Offline MrDiamondBackJackTopic starter

• "The thing in the coffin writhed, and a hideous, blood-curdling screech came from the opened red lips." - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • "Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - K. H.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
One Sentence Stories: Ghost Story
« on: September 07, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »
The idea here is that we write a story, one sentence at a time.  You must continue the story based on what has been written before.  Let's see where it takes us.  A line of dialogue can be a part of your sentence, or it can be a sentence, depending upon how you feel about it.  If we reach a conclusion, then someone can post THE END after their sentence.  This first one is a Ghost Story.

It was the night before Halloween, the first time that Laura Cotton saw the ghost of Mr. Evan Castle.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: One Sentence Stories: Ghost Story
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:27:14 PM »
A chilly wind blew around the corners of the house whistling in the eaves and bare tree branches scratched at window screens that hadn't been removed making a horrible noise.

• "The thing in the coffin writhed, and a hideous, blood-curdling screech came from the opened red lips." - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »
Ooc:  thank you for joing in Mistress.

Ic:  Laura felt like the scratching sound was some dark monster, trying to get into her Grandmother's old Victorian house and she regretted deciding to spend the night alone.

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »
At times, when the wind died down and the outside noises abated somewhat the young woman was convinced she could hear someone moving on the floor above her.

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:24 PM »
She would lay in her Grandmother's guest bed, with its canopy covering, and hear the some of shuffle and thump sounds, as if a man with a bum leg were slowly moving across the old wooden floors.

Offline Spice

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
And for the first time, since Laura was a wee lass playing with pink and white pinafores whilst sliding down the lemon Pledge polished oaken stairway banister—which was when she had first heard tales of the old, one-legged sea dog, Evan Castle, who allegedly haunted grandmother’s Victorian home over some tragic, long-forgotten love affair—she believed as her small heart raced—thump, thump, thump—in her underdeveloped chest (due to that long ago triple case of typhoid, polio, and pneumonia).

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
On the evening in question, she decided that enoguh was enough and that she would not allow some salty old sailor scare he in her own grandmother's home, so she got out of bed and pulled a sensible gray robe over her pink flannel pajamas and padded quietly across the bed room toward the open door.

(WAY TO GO CORELI!)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:54:22 AM by MrDiamondBackJack »

Offline Coreli

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:11 PM »
As she walked down the dimly lit hallway towards the stairs, the thumping suddenly stopped.

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 07:21:19 PM »
Oh no you don't thought Laura, because as soon as I get back under the cover, you'll start again!

Ooc:  Welcome Coreli!  Good luck on your application process.

Offline abandoneddolly

• dollys are made to be used
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Do you see me there? Siting on the self collecting dust.
  • punish me with pleasure, and pleasure me with pain
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »
So she walked down the dimly lit stairs almost tripping over a cat.

Offline Coreli

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »
The cat hissed back at her, causing her to shreek with fear - a moment later, the thumping continued.

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 11:08:37 PM »
"Damnit Miss Strudel, you almost killed me!" she yelled, her chest heaving.

Offline Coreli

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 11:42:21 PM »
"Now, whatever is up these stairs, knows i am here."

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 03:00:25 AM »
There was nothing for it put to start going up the stairs anyway, she forced herself to start climbing the steps, on stair at a time, until she was almost at the landing for the third story of her grandmother's old house.

Offline Spice

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 03:09:54 AM »
Robert, Laura's sadistic younger brother almost giggled when he saw his terrified sister creeping up the stairs like some sort of cowering rabbit, but little did he realize that behind him lay that which he but pretended to be, the genuine article known as the late Mr. Evan Castle.

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 03:35:19 AM »
The wraith that was Evan Castle hung behind Robert gathering energy from the fear that rolled off of Laura in waves and the elemental evil that existed in Robert, for Evan Castle's spirit was bound to avenge an injustice that had been done to him and that had resulted in his death at is own hand, albeit an accidental death not meant to have occurred but which was the result of his attempts to gain revenge on those who had perpetrated his humiliation.

Offline Luella

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 05:15:07 AM »
Then, an idea struck Robert,for he will scare his sister off the stairs right there and then!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:48:44 AM by Luella »

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 09:41:43 AM »
He crouched, waiting with his breath held, as she came up another few stares, while a ghostly specter started to run insubstantial fingers down his spine.

Offline Spice

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 07:22:47 AM »
Robert shrieked with all the force of a particularly small and vicious blue-ribboned Chihuahua in the process of being neutered when the bony, yet incorporeal fingers of Mr. Evan Castle slid down his spine, the sound of which sent his sister Laura fleeing faster than a prom queen running from the blood drenched girl in the center of the dance floor.

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
She fled down the dark hall and down the spiral stairs to the first floor, almost killing herself in the process, to end up in a painful heap on the polished pine floor of the front hallway.

(CORELI-  la vostra presenza ci rende felici)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:57:54 AM by MrDiamondBackJack »

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »
Laura, completely unaware of Robert's attempted trickery, picked herself up and ran as though all the hounds of hell were after her as pounding footsteps from above forced visions of the ghostly presence of Evan Castle into her mind.

• Deverified
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
Above her, Robert had become stiff as a board and was slowly rising off of the ground, while a ghostly hand covered his barely beating heart.

(Welcome to E Luella)

Offline Coreli

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
Each breath was labored as she ran through the house blindly, unsure of where she was going, but certain of where she no longer wished to be.

Offline Spice

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
Meanwhile back at the top of the stairs where Laura's little brother floated gently off the ground, the incorporeal spirit of Evan Castle was able to take firm possession of the scrawny boy's young body due to the utter darkness that dwelt within the lad's heart, in doing so, Evan vowed he would finally have vengeance upon the descendants of he who had wronged him so many decades ago.

Offline CascataNerina

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 06:15:51 AM »
Robert, now inhabited by the ghost of Mr. Evan Castle, climbed to his feet and began making his way with unsteady steps down the stairs as the personalities fought within the boy's body.