You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 06:22:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Halo: A shot in the dark  (Read 34496 times)

Offline Maelyn

Re: Halo: A shot in the dark
« Reply #575 on: November 23, 2012, 07:54:50 PM »
I can completely empathize with not wanting to read through so many pages.  I was told to just read the last page or two just to get an idea of who is where, doing what, etc.  However, I went the long route.  It did take me a few days, and I did skim A LOT, but I got the gist of who is who, for the most part, which kind of helps I think.  Just my two cents.  :)

BTW, I am pretty much a Halo virgin.  I mean, I've heard of it, of course, but I really don't know much about it.  So I'm kinda filling in what I can with either info from Gladiator or the Halopedia thingy - or other sci fi type genres that seem to fit.  That being said, and as I told Gladiator, if I mess something up somewhere, just let me know.  I'm pretty girly when it comes to weapons and the like, which is kinda why my character is a little off the norm.  Hopefully she'll work herself in and be at least a little useful though. 

I'll work on my next post sometime this weekend, or so I'm hoping. 

Oh, and Gladiator, you know I'm a Twilight fanfic fan, so :ppppp

Offline Sushi

« Reply #576 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »
Well, if you have any gun or weapons-related questions just run them by me~

Offline Gladiator0161Topic starter

« Reply #577 on: November 24, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »

Hello Micheal, again thanks for being interested in our rp!

Like Vengurd said this rp can take awhile to get going sometimes, so patience is absolutely necessary but, to answer your question, no, I wouldn't mind another player but, what and who you play is totally up to you.

However, we do have alot of Spartans on this team, and if I am remembering correctly, we have two Marines, and a ODST. I would prefer if you would choose either a Marine, Army, or a ODST character since we only have three quote un-quote "normal" humans running around a bunch of Spartans but, again the choice is yours.

The only things I'll ask of you is to read the last two pages to get caught up on the situations our characters are in, get a feel for our characters to help you with your own, and thus give yourself time to somehow think up of a scenario that explains why your character is just catching up/finding our guys.

I would also ask that you write out a little bio of your character like Maelyn did. It doesn't have to be as lengthy but, I would like to know a little about your character and you're writing style. ;)

Alright, I think that's it. Hope to be rping with you soon :)

Offline Sushi

« Reply #578 on: November 25, 2012, 02:02:01 AM »
Gladiator, do you mind posting again to move the Warthog plot?

« Reply #579 on: November 25, 2012, 03:24:53 PM »
Sure but, only if you don't mind me npc-ing Valkyrie for a little bit. Since you know, you're driving, lol.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:57:39 PM by Gladiator0161 »

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #580 on: November 25, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
Some cosplay prawn for the group:

Offline avt2

« Reply #581 on: November 25, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »
That's actually pretty awesome. Any chance that's you?

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #582 on: November 25, 2012, 08:26:53 PM »
It isn't me, but the husband has now demanded I work on building my own armor. Which I will be making Kelly-087, one of the group of Spartan IIs (This includes Samuel-034, and John-117)

The husband wants Emile. Ugh, Emile's helmet suuuuucks.

Offline avt2

« Reply #583 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:04 PM »
Haha I've always been interested in making my own, but it's balls hard and I don't have time. If I could just snap and have my own armor I'd do it in a heartbeat (duh, I guess)

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »
Emile's will be harder than Kelly's but I have an idea of how I'm going to do it. There are lots of ways to complete it and I'm ready to jump on it.

Besides my Draenei costume, and my Sivir (League of Legends champ), I also need to start the hubby's Olaf and Gears of War armor.

Offline avt2

« Reply #585 on: November 25, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »
Haha holy crap, do you take commissions? :P  (j/k I'm poor right now)

Also, waiting on you in the thread, just fyi.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #586 on: November 25, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »
If there is money involved, I will do commissions. ^ ^  And I know its my turn. I will get to it eventually.

« Reply #587 on: November 25, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »

Holy crap that's awesome GT, I'd totally hit you up to make me some suits if I had any money. Why does every issue I have always come down to money? lol :P

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #588 on: November 25, 2012, 11:48:08 PM »
Like I said, that isn't me- but I'm gearing (Haha pun) up to make my own. Cannot wait. ;3 May become my image for my posts here whenever I get it done. Haha...

And don't you know? Money makes the world go 'round, world go around...

Offline Sushi

« Reply #589 on: November 26, 2012, 04:14:21 AM »
KELLY O:

I have so much love for the Blue Team from the novels. Do you know if anybody will do Linda? :D

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #590 on: November 26, 2012, 04:27:45 AM »
I have no idea! I wish I could find someone to do Linda so we can have a huge ass team of spartans roaming around. Sin said he may do Sam-034 instead, since Emile's helmet is fantastically annoying.

Offline Sushi

« Reply #591 on: November 26, 2012, 04:40:58 AM »
Yeah~ Or maybe a Spartan-III from Ghosts of Onyx - they had a pretty interesting design aesthetic, at least judging from the cover art. The possibilities are really out there~

Also Gladiator: Puppeting for that post is fine~

A friend told me I had a bit of stuff in my post that was reminiscent of the Forward Unto Dawn and Halo 4. Having not experienced either, I was thoroughly confused O:

Offline Vengurd

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #592 on: November 26, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
As amazing as the cosplay is, when I looked closely at the picture it looked more like the toys/collectibles they sell than someone in a costume. That can mean one of two things. Either the cosplay is so good it has effectively captured the details, or, not so great, it is so terrible that it looks plastic and stuck. Personally I don't know what to think, it could be any number of things, lighting, angle, material used, the camera itself, coloration, effects, any number of things. Though it does appear my thoughts on the image changes about every time I take a look at it, so it could just be my screen that is making it look funky. I'll take another look later once people start getting up and I can get my glasses and a better screen to look at it.

Sushi, while I can see somewhat where your friend would come up with that, I was more closely reminded of Back Hawk Down, a purely Military movie based on true events, or possibly Wind-Talkers, another military movie based on true events (World War Two, invading the island of saipan and a couple of other small islands on the way to Japan).

Speaking of Halo 4, I am very unsure about the ending. The game itself was spectacular, great graphics, controls were pretty intuitive, the makings of a solid game, but the ending....I don't know. I don't know whether to like it, dislike it, denounce it as out of character (for fan-boyish reasons more than anything), hail it as a masterpiece or just hide in a hole and throw rocks at sticks to make a pizza. :/

Offline EMO

« Reply #593 on: November 26, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »
Is this still open for new characters and if so are sangheili allowed? I was thinking of something like a child sangheili stowed away on his father's warship and became a prisoner of war who was trained to fight alongside spartans.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #594 on: November 26, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »
You don't have to guess if its an action figure or a cosplay since I've seen this particular suit as it is was built. The girl that made this is incredibly talented with foam.

Offline EMO

« Reply #595 on: November 26, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
Is this still open for new characters and if so are sangheili allowed? I was thinking of something like a child sangheili stowed away on his father's warship and became a prisoner of war who was trained to fight alongside spartans.

I would like to bump my question.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #596 on: November 26, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »
You really don't need to bump, nor should you. Gladiator will get back to you when he gets online.

Offline ashia starstreak

« Reply #597 on: November 27, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »
I'd have to agree with Vengurd. The picture looks strange. Might be the phone, or the angle. Foam though huh? That's pretty interesting. I've never worked with foam before, I played with stirofoam once though after it stuck all over me (static) I became too flustered. The only costume I've ever completed was Emily from corpse bride. The paint took 3hrs to do (I mean she blue so of course), but the eyes looked pretty cool. A trick to make my own appear larger probably was the reason I got double, triple looks. Wish I would've had time to mold me the little maggot. Oh well, everyone knew who I was, so I guess it didn't matter.

I also agree with Golden Touch, EMO. This is a slow moving thread and nothing gets overlooked so bumping has no real usefulness.

Offline The Golden Touch

« Reply #598 on: November 27, 2012, 07:15:07 AM »
I was pretty blown away when I first saw it, but here's the series of pictures via Gallery Halo cosplay prawn. If you want to hear from the girl on how she made it, this is her thread on 405th. It will take some scrolling and clicking but she is really amazing.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:42:25 AM by The Golden Touch »

Offline Sushi

« Reply #599 on: November 27, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »
I was pretty blown away when I first saw it, but here's the series of pictures via Gallery Halo cosplay prawn. If you want to hear from the girl on how she made it, this is her thread on 405th[url]. It will take some scrolling and clicking but she is really amazing.
That really is amazing O: