You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:19:55 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Ya know...with all this talk of Gay marriage and stuff, and it not being legal,  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
That illustrates the importance of leaving a will, more than anything else.  I realize that most of us are still young enough that we don't like thinking of such things, but having a will means you can decide who gets what of your belongings - family or not, legal spouse or not.

With a will, you don't have to leave anything to either your spouse or your family.  You can choose to leave the entire thing to charity if you want.

Offline WolfyTopic starter

Yeah..but still..taking everything..pictures, albums, everything inside the house went to them instead of him.

I just..can't Fathom how people can be so..evil. o3o

Offline Neroon

• Sneaky Little Weasel
  • Oracle
  • Addict
  • Beware of geeks bearing gifs
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
It's because of selfishness, Wolfy.  I believe that the root of all evil is not, as the Bible  would have it, the love of all money but rather selfishness.  Selfishness leads to pride, to greed and to a lack of empathy and therefore comapassion for others.  All of these things together vring about those actions that I would consider to be evil.

So in the case you're thinking about; selfishness led the people you're talking about to want to keep their memories of their relative pure and so to achieve this, they denied his lover his memories.  Not to mention that greed gave them a powerful motive for denying him everything else too.

Offline fallen paradise

It is also the best argument for Civil Unions - because Wills can, and are, contestable.