You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 10:13:22 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dice Roller  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Rett ButlerTopic starter

Dice Roller
« on: May 30, 2005, 06:41:29 PM »
I was posting a character bio with necessary rolls in it. I had noticed that one part of it was messed up. I had forgotten to add a space in the   :roll: code. There was no space between the :roll and +1d6:. So I went back and edited it. I realized that I had made the fatal mistake of the rolls now re-parsing. So I deleted the post. I then again reposted the fixed bio and it still re-parses the rolls even though I did not edit the most recent post of the bio.

Offline Lilac

Re: Dice Roller
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 06:50:19 PM »
It's a good idea to always make rolls under separate posts.

Offline Rett ButlerTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 07:04:08 PM »
Okay, I just roll outside the post and edit in whatever I got. Thanks for the help.

Offline Darwishi

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 10:07:36 PM »
Alright I'm having something of a problem with the dice roller as well.  I haven't editted the post with the rolls in it, but every time I go back and look at it, the results come out completely different.  So basically if it changes every time someone views the post it doesn't really do much good to be rolling dice...so is there a fix to that? ^^

Offline Lord of Shadows

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 04:01:59 AM »
I have experienced the same thing myself. Seems like you should be able to lock the dices so it doesn't roll every time, just once.

Offline Lilac

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 04:04:07 PM »
Ack!

Hmm.

Offline Zeekergamer

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 12:41:46 PM »
Has there been any progress on this?

Offline Lilac

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 06:40:22 PM »
Slowly, working on an rpol-like solution, so that players can have public and private rolls and such.