You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 04:32:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: My Kingdom for a New Video Game!  (Read 3165 times)

Offline InkiduTopic starter

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: My Kingdom for a New Video Game!
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
Actually I found Mass Effect 2 a lot deeper if you played it on the higher difficulty. When all the enemies start getting extra shields and armor and whatnot. You start paying very close attention to the construction of multiple teams.

I enjoyed Alan Wake and also thought the gameplay much deeper and challenging on the harder levels of difficulty.

I can't stand Alpha Protocol. I rented it and just thought the protagonist was so insipid and the gameplay so basically clunky that it became a chore to muscle through. Change the game or not. Developer's need to learn that if you're going to go ahead and keep a game. It's got to be better than what your originally scoped for it.

Okay so I've decided to make a list of criteria:

1. XBOX 360 and DS. That's what I've got.
2. No PC. just in case. I want to be able to get some money back if it turns out I don't like it.
3. No JRPGs. They're becoming like plain yogurt for my video gaming tastes.
4. In and around $20 American.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2010, 01:21:16 PM »
I think the God of War series was released on XBox as well as Playstation.  Don't know if that's up your alley.

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »
I think the God of War series was released on XBox as well as Playstation.  Don't know if that's up your alley.
I don't think so, That one's first-party game from SCEA. They don't let those go often. I played and beat 1 and 2.

I know they released the two as one for PS3 but I don't think they did for Xbox.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2010, 01:37:33 PM »
Yeah, my mistake.  I thought I'd heard my roommate say she wanted an XBox because of God of War.  (This was before we discovered that the 'problem' with her PS2 was a $10 cable.)

Further research:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

I figure if you check off the ones you've played and the ones that you have no interest in, it'll give you something to look for in the bargain bins.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:54 PM »
Yeah, my mistake.  I thought I'd heard my roommate say she wanted an XBox because of God of War.  (This was before we discovered that the 'problem' with her PS2 was a $10 cable.)

Further research:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

I figure if you check off the ones you've played and the ones that you have no interest in, it'll give you something to look for in the bargain bins.
This is taking forever to go through and it's kind of not fair. They've go impending games on here too. "This looks cool, 2011? Aw...

Offline Jude

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 12:58:32 AM »
On the downloadable front, I think Monday Night Combat is cool.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
This is taking forever to go through and it's kind of not fair. They've go impending games on here too. "This looks cool, 2011? Aw...

August always sucks for games...then fall and winter bend your wallet over the table and just RAM IT.